Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Jets head coach

Newcastle Jets head coach

I'd like to hear genuine views from forumites.

Who do you think, realistically, will be the Jets coach this upcoming season? Who would you like to be coach?

Haliti is going ok coaching in sydney isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'd like to hear genuine views from forumites.

Who do you think, realistically, will be the Jets coach this upcoming season? Who would you like to be coach?
    Nice try, Gary!

Realistically the best we can hope for is Zadkovich or Zane. My biggest fear is that we get GVE.

Banned
    There is this guy coaching NPL currently who I think can unite the fans and return us to the summit of the ALeague if he is given the job

Blokes name is Joel Griffiths

Make it happen Middleby

If gve's return to the 1st team means we get his relos back on the foz and accompanying facebook tirades then slip the contract under his door asap.

Also, 'sup q-man, hope all is well.

Ufuk talay

The budget says Zads

Des Hasler if he's available.

There are always going to be people who want to come in thinking they can make something of the role and establish yourself as an A-League coach....after all there's only 12 positions on offer in our top league.

I've heard a few calls for Damian Zane. If he has the quals to coach at A-League level I think he's a shout. Joel Grififiths the same - does he have the quals?

Zadkovich is probably my front-runner. He knows half the squad given they left Perth recently (Dowse, O'Neill, Timmins, Stynes) or played with them (Hoffman). That could be a blessing or a curse - e.g. why did Timmins and Stynes leave when Zads was coach before?

Gary van Egmond would be right behind him.

A left field one? Brad Maloney is current u17 Joey's manager. He's also got the same agent as Arthur and most of our squad. He's away with at the Asian Cup and doing well - I wonder if that's a natural conclusion point in his role? As a former Newcastle Breaker, I wonder if the role at the Jets interests him?

Talay would be a great-get but I think is unachievable. Haliti is an interesting shout.

The Cons for us are obvious - unstable future for the club around ownership, minimum spend on squad is the maximum they can expect, stadium dramas continue,

The pros, however, are there are zero expectations, opportunity to recruit half a squad and an entire pre-season to transition your ideas.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 20-06-2023 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Our relationship with Footballhouseplus will be interesting as a result of all of this...
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Our relationship with Footballhouseplus will be interesting as a result of all of this...
    Not a healthy relationship in my view
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Not a healthy relationship in my view
    Which relationships with football agents are? They're a necessary evil in the modern game.

If we get in bed with another agency, what it means is another 12-24 months of transition in the squad and further instability.

Which relationships with football agents are? They're a necessary evil in the modern game.

If we get in bed with another agency, what it means is another 12-24 months of transition in the squad and further instability.
    Too many eggs in one basket here. We keep getting cast offs and nobodies. We should not be so reliant on one agent
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

There are always going to be people who want to come in thinking they can make something of the role and establish yourself as an A-League coach....after all there's only 12 positions on offer in our top league.

I've heard a few calls for Damian Zane. If he has the quals to coach at A-League level I think he's a shout. Joel Grififiths the same - does he have the quals?

Zadkovich is probably my front-runner. He knows half the squad given they left Perth recently (Dowse, O'Neill, Timmins, Stynes) or played with them (Hoffman). That could be a blessing or a curse - e.g. why did Timmins and Stynes leave when Zads was coach before?

A left field one? Brad Maloney is current u17 Joey's manager. He's also got the same agent as Arthur and most of our squad. He's away with at the Asian Cup and doing well - I wonder if that's a natural conclusion point in his role? As a former Newcastle Breaker, I wonder if the role at the Jets interests him?

Talay would be a great-get but I think is unachievable. Haliti is an interesting shout.

The Cons for us are obvious - unstable future for the club around ownership, minimum spend on squad is the maximum they can expect, stadium dramas continue,

The pros, however, are there are zero expectations, opportunity to recruit half a squad and an entire pre-season to transition your ideas.
    ABSOLUTE BAFFLED on how anyone can recommend Zadcobitch
    no idea whats so ever, the only winner is Perth , not having him further destroy there club.
    football in australia, has had enough of the puffy vest, and moronic ego coaching behaviour

Damian Zane is the only contender, in my eyes- or look elsewhere
    p.s he actually can coach, knows the youth, and develops youth

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    ABSOLUTE BAFFLED on how anyone can recommend Zadcobitch
    no idea whats so ever, the only winner is Perth , not having him further destroy there club.
    football in australia, has had enough of the puffy vest, and moronic ego coaching behaviour

Damian Zane is the only contender, in my eyes- or look elsewhere
    p.s he actually can coach, knows the youth, and develops youth
    I didn't make it clear, I'm also not convinced on Zads but I think he would be the most likely (i.e. "my front runner").

I don't have a preference for anyone at the moment. I was answering the question as to who I think it will be, not who I want.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 20-06-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Objectively, GVE is not behind Zadkovich. I love Ruben but GVE is far more experienced and he's already here. He's also improved vastly since his last stint.

GVE will be the next head coach of the Jet's A-League men's team.

I was disappointed that Papas left. I felt the instability of the club was a big factor in him departing.

I was bemused that so many people wanted him gone, especially given there is no obvious replacements in my opinion.

GVE is the proven candidate, but I think it's time for someone new. Zadkovich, no thanks. Great player for the jets, but his passion has over stepped the mark a few times.

Labinot Haliti was suggested. His Sydney Olympic team aren't in the top 10 in the NSW NPL. That puts a line straight through him.

I'd be happy with Damien Zane, he could not have done any more then what he has achieved at NNSW NPL level. Id be happy for him to have the opportunity.

But overall, we don't know all the candidates. There would be plenty that haven't been mentioned.

I'm also disappointed Papas left. I think we saw glimpses of what we could do, but what I didn't see, for balance, was a lot of in game flexibility. Our ability to close out games was also a concern at times.

Whoever comes in, like Papas, will be playing with their hands and legs tied behind their back so I wonder just whether we would see the best of them or simply the best hey can do with what they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I was disappointed that Papas left. I felt the instability of the club was a big factor in him departing.

I was bemused that so many people wanted him gone, especially given there is no obvious replacements in my opinion.

GVE is the proven candidate, but I think it's time for someone new. Zadkovich, no thanks. Great player for the jets, but his passion has over stepped the mark a few times.

Labinot Haliti was suggested. His Sydney Olympic team aren't in the top 10 in the NSW NPL. That puts a line straight through him.

I'd be happy with Damien Zane, he could not have done any more then what he has achieved at NNSW NPL level. Id be happy for him to have the opportunity.

But overall, we don't know all the candidates. There would be plenty that haven't been mentioned.
    We wanted him gone because he wouldn't change things on the pitch when it wasn't working and also didn't have any interest in promoting or developing youth. Even worse then that if you believe the rumours.