Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Planning to go with some mates Saturday but if weather is shit pub is next best option
    Call yourself a football fan?
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Anyone know of any local pubs that have paramount +? Planning to go with some mates Saturday but if weather is shit pub is next best option
    Pretty sure Alder Park Sports Club show all Jets games (not a pub, but it has beer)

We should have a black ban list on here of places that dont have para, pretty sure wests would free up a tele, they're not stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    We should have a black ban list on here of places that dont have para, pretty sure wests would free up a tele, they're not stupid
    Yep - found it:

10-Black-and-White-TV.jpg
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the Europa League and Champions League finals will be shown on Free To Air on 9Gem

Did anyone else see that Optus are raising prices from $140 to $200 for Optus sport (non customers) and now charging $7 per month for customers that previously had it free with their phone plans.

Just saw they are committing to delivering 1080HD pictures for the entire EPL season!
    They genuinely think that’s a brag? FMD

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Did anyone else see that Optus are raising prices from $140 to $200 for Optus sport (non customers) and now charging $7 per month for customers that previously had it free with their phone plans.
    What annoys me is the fact that it's not tiered dependent on what services you have with them. I've got 2 phones and home internet and get the same discount as someone on a minimum phone plan.

First world problems I know, but it doesn't seem well thought out by Optus

Optus obtain La Liga rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Optus obtain La Liga rights.
    Great news IMO
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Hey all,

I have read a few tweets that Paramount+ renewals are coming up for many who took up cheaper options as members last year.

No details have been released for this year, but apparently the APL are working on a discounted option for members this year.

If you don't want to be charged $90 for the year, suggest you cancel the subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hey all,

I have read a few tweets that Paramount+ renewals are coming up for many who took up cheaper options as members last year.

No details have been released for this year, but apparently the APL are working on a discounted option for members this year.

If you don't want to be charged $90 for the year, suggest you cancel the subscription.

Those clowns end up fixing the BS where last season I would be at work I would stay off the internet then get home and want to watch the game oblivious to the result etc only to find out because I didn't watch the ****er live Paramount made me wait until the next day to watch the game ??

Farce of a situation in 2022 with technology available to us to be so shitful

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Those clowns end up fixing the BS where last season I would be at work I would stay off the internet then get home and want to watch the game oblivious to the result etc only to find out because I didn't watch the ****er live Paramount made me wait until the next day to watch the game ??

Farce of a situation in 2022 with technology available to us to be so shitful
    Nope. Lots of stuff they never fixed or improved
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hey all,

Got the club email last night - luckily on monthly payments so just the $8.99 paid so far - the members option should have been sorted before renewal dates.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I signed up for Optus TV/phone/internet in March 2017, and immediately cut it off after it was terrible

they didn't get around to cutting off my access from the Optus Sport app, so since then I'd been getting Premier League for free (and Champions League until they lost that)

up until this weekend that is, when they've cut me off for some reason (probably to do with not paying)

I'm considering getting Paramount so I can suffer through the Jets games - doesn't seem like there's a great deal on the service other than that

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'm considering getting Paramount so I can suffer through the Jets games - doesn't seem like there's a great deal on the service other than that
    My Optus service has been perfect, no complaints.

Optus Sport was free to all customers (current and legacy) until the EPL started this season. New subs are $24.99 a month and active subs are now $6.99 a month which is fine by me. Some web idiots complaining you shouldn't pay because they don't do 4k, but FMD you get all EPL and La Liga games for starters....though I no interest in J League, Optus Fitness or Women's Premier League tbh.

The tactic will be to sub services during the season and then cancelled or pause - I have done that with Stan until the Euro games ramp up again.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 24-08-2022 at 09:07 AM.

I agree. Optus and Kayo as a service both have great pros and the cons I can generally work-around and aren't show-stoppers like those experienced in Paramount (if you haven't used it, Boz, I suggest trying it out for a month first).

From the whole Optus charge restructure I've ended up paying for 12 months and I got a cheaper mobile plan which has put me ahead.

It's a personal choice and what you do and don't use...and what you can afford.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-08-2022 at 10:30 AM.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-...deal/101413212

So two men's games on FTA this year, all women's available free via 10play. Men's games on 10bold.

Mixed feelings. Good that there is more access for the women but offset by perception of less prominence. Good to get two games on FTA for the men (Saturday night, Sunday 3pm) but the same prominence issue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-...deal/101413212

So two men's games on FTA this year, all women's available free via 10play. Men's games on 10bold.

Mixed feelings. Good that there is more access for the women but offset by perception of less prominence. Good to get two games on FTA for the men (Saturday night, Sunday 3pm) but the same prominence issue.
    It's a great thing that we get to see 2 games of the superior product instead of being forced to watch any version of the inferior product to follow someone's false god of diversity of outcome

The women's game is not that popular amongst the punters as the quality is not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It's a great thing that we get to see 2 games of the superior product instead of being forced to watch any version of the inferior product to follow someone's false god of diversity of outcome

The women's game is not that popular amongst the punters as the quality is not good enough
    You're normally much better at trolling than that effort member.