Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    A-league content now removed from Kayo sports, not looking good for the broadcast of the remaining rounds of this season and future seasons too.
    Potential alternative view - FFA have taken back streaming rights as part of the negotiations and Fox will still broadcast the games

If A-League goes will just move Bein to Fetch and bye bye Fox.

I think they will finish the season in a watered down form - no studio coverage and minimal commentary team and cameras.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

I think they will finish the season in a watered down form - no studio coverage and minimal commentary team and cameras.
    Hi guys,

The A-League on Optus makes enormous sense to me - they have the Premier League, J-League, K-League, all international and UEFA games - but I see no mention of them being in the running. FFA are either keeping this close to their chest, or Optus have no interest. I hope it is the former.

Optus' coverage is great. They have a Aussie based team for studio discussion, so would be primed and ready to go. It seems just perfect - so why no talk about it???

A

Because Optus don't do any of the on ground work for those leagues. They just bought the rights from the company that produces it and stick the broadcast through their output method.

Whole different story for A-League.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    or Optus have no interest.
    Optus without a shadow of a doubt have some form of interest. But like you're saying, whether that interest is even in the playing field of realistic and for the right price is a whole different thing.

The FFA don't seem to have a tonne of bargaining power here. They have seen the value of the league decline massively.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Because Optus don't do any of the on ground work for those leagues. They just bought the rights from the company that produces it and stick the broadcast through their output method.

Whole different story for A-League.
    This is a very important observation.

There's a significant capital investment required to cover the A-League, should Optus invest.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

I will probably also drop fox.

Optus won't need to invest that heavily to broadcast, they would need to do the same as fox and engage NEP to conduct the live filming. They would need to be interested though in taking that on and the costs. That's why there was reports of FFA and clubs potentially going direct to NEP so they can control the desired quality then just on sell the final footage for broadcast same as premier league.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Kayo at $25 a month was great value for me. It covered everything I wanted and ran brilliantly on a big screen.
    Optus from what I have seen runs like shit, has less interesting content for me and just doesn't offer me anything value wise.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 18-06-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Kayo at $25 a month was great value for me. It covered everything I wanted and ran brilliantly on a big screen.
    Optus from what I have seen runs like shit, has less interesting content for me and just doesn't offer me anytjing value wise.
    Agreed , Optus is nothing short of tragic.

Not sure a stand alone A league would be viable. Don’t know that subscriptions would outweigh the production costs etc.

Whatever they go with, if they do, will have to be providing additional content imo. Whether that’s another football league or another premier sport.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Agreed , Optus is nothing short of tragic.
    I've not once had an issue with my Optus app, it's miles ahead of the Kayo one. So easy to find games, stats, cast, etc. Kayo app was obviously built to make you search through crap you don't care about in the hope you'll watch some of the other stuff they licence. It already feels a few years old and it was released after the Optus app one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've not once had an issue with my Optus app, it's miles ahead of the Kayo one. So easy to find games, stats, cast, etc. Kayo app was obviously built to make you search through crap you don't care about in the hope you'll watch some of the other stuff they licence. It already feels a few years old and it was released after the Optus app one.
    I ran Kayo through a Apple TV 4k 64gb Box - it was absolutely brilliant. Streamed HD to 32" monitor in my studio, 55" in Living Room, and to 65" in Lounge without any issues at all using 5ghz band.
    We could even run Cricket and Football simultaneously without losing a single frame.

The Optus one was absolute dog shit when it launched and the WC (****, that feels a long time ago) was a tragedy. It's now miles ahead IMO.

Kayo just feels clunky navigating to what you want unless it's NRL or AFL which is plastered every****ingwhere.

Just hereto remind you all about DAZN.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Optus from what I have seen runs like shit, has less interesting content for me and just doesn't offer me anything value wise.
    Optus has loads of football content specially for the prem

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just hereto remind you all about DAZN.
    Isn't he in Japan?

I ran Kayo through a Apple TV 4k 64gb Box - it was absolutely brilliant. Streamed HD to 32" monitor in my studio, 55" in Living Room, and to 65" in Lounge without any issues at all using 5ghz band.
    We could even run Cricket and Football simultaneously without losing a single frame.
    I have Foxtel with the Sports package in HD, Have the dish on the roof and have always been happy with the picture quality. On the few occasions i have used the Optus Sport App on my Samsung phone for the EPL and " mirrored " the image from my phone to my 50inch Full HD LED TV the picture quality has been terrible to the point i have just given up watching the EPL.

I am on the downside of half a century so gadgets are not my thing but i do know when i do a connection speed test on my phone WiFi'd to the house modem my speed is always 46-48 mbps and upload 17-19.

Should i be achieving a good picture on my TV via the App on my mobile ?.

Isn't he in Japan?

Top work, Grim.. haha

380 seems to be having Optus connection problems, where Dunst seems to be talking about the Optus vs Kayo content itself.

My opinion is Optus, outside of the WC as Grim decided to remind me of that nightmare, is a terrific app and I have loved using it. The analysis, mini-matches, extra insights, etc I have enjoyed so much of, I really like the Optus content.

Kayo I found like others have said was hard to navigate, kept sending you on tangents to basically force you to watch AFL, and I found the app in general not friendly. I also had more connection issues with this than I did Optus. And I found in the end I wanted it for German football and that was about it, the rest of the content didn't interest me enough. This was the first app I abandoned when COVID hit town.
    OK