Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Ive had Optus for a few years and based on how the've handled the EPL, UCL and UEL as well as the WC, ( for me at least personally) I hope they get the Aleague
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's US$19.95 If you go month by month, if you sign up to 12 months it is US$120 a similar deal will be launched globally. It's fair to assume we'll get DAZN for around $12-15 a month double that if you choose to opt in month by month.

When DAZN come to the market they won't be coming in quite, partner up with them early, be there sell, be there marketing. To me it's a no brainer the exposure and free marketing from one of the biggest sports distributor in the world, where do you sign.
    But they won't have any actual football other than A league until 2021/22 at the earliest will they? They need to acquire the rights from Optus, ESPN or Being Sports before they can show anything here.

I think they'll come in hot with US sports, lots of boxing and likely all the racing deals stuff. But football won't be available to them just yet. If they buy the rights from Bein for European comps outside of the EPL and then add UCL/UEL a year later than maybe we would be better to go with them. But if they offer the same cash as Optus. I'd go with them for now, Aussie's are slow to make change and they trust Optus.

Halving the price to lock in for 12 months also looks a bit dodgy and cheap. They obviously think they don't have enough content to keep people happy during the off seasons. So $120 USD is $190 AUD, i.e. $15 a month. Which is the same as Optus, but they have EPL and may get UCL/UEL rights again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    But they won't have any actual football other than A league until 2021/22 at the earliest will they? They need to acquire the rights from Optus, ESPN or Being Sports before they can show anything here.

I think they'll come in hot with US sports, lots of boxing and likely all the racing deals stuff. But football won't be available to them just yet. If they buy the rights from Bein for European comps outside of the EPL and then add UCL/UEL a year later than maybe we would be better to go with them. But if they offer the same cash as Optus. I'd go with them for now, Aussie's are slow to make change and they trust Optus.

Halving the price to lock in for 12 months also looks a bit dodgy and cheap. They obviously think they don't have enough content to keep people happy during the off seasons. So $120 USD is $190 AUD, i.e. $15 a month. Which is the same as Optus, but they have EPL and may get UCL/UEL rights again.
    DAZN have shown they are happy to invest and wait.

Lock the A-League rights in next year on a multi year deal if Foxtel default on their payments. Build up the content as they become available and gradually control the market. DAZN will launch in Australia with or without the A-League that's just a fact, I feel it would be beneficial for the A-League to be there when they launch rather than wait it out. They will be more inclined to invest heavier at the beginning, why not take advantage of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I think the worst thing about DAZN is that you're supposed to pronounce it "da-zone"

I don't want to

Is bridges on Optus? If so, I'd be watching the pregame and listening to the commentary less than I currently do

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I think the worst thing about DAZN is that you're supposed to pronounce it "da-zone"

I don't want to

Oh dear, no.

I’ve enjoyed reading it as DAZZ-n
    And makes me think of Dazza in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Is bridges on Optus? If so, I'd be watching the pregame and listening to the commentary less than I currently do
    Yeah and he goes alright
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Oh dear, no.

HAHA yes!!!!!
    He was a legend..

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Oh dear, no.

What about dazza in the frying pan?

I always thought it was Dasian, rhymes with Asian.

Anyone else been catching up on the Top 20 A-League Derbies?

2008 GF well down the list and for some reason a number of Smurf/Victory games are classed as "derbies".

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Anyone else been catching up on the Top 20 A-League Derbies?

2008 GF well down the list and for some reason a number of Smurf/Victory games are classed as "derbies".
    They are on demand too if you miss them on live tv

Well... I wasn't expecting this.

The A-League has cleared a major hurdle for the resumption of the season after Football Federation Australia belatedly received its full quarterly payment from Fox Sports.
    Football industry sources have confirmed Fox has now paid the near $12 million instalment of its broadcast deal with FFA, which was due mid-last month.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...01-p54p4m.html

Falling over themselves with Nein for the NRL would put them in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    The cynic (realist?) in me thinks "Well, this is clearly only done so when they destroy the FFA in court for not filling their contractual obligations of a completed season, FFA can't fight back with "but Foxtel didn't pay us"". Think of it as basically putting down a deposit for a bigger win at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The cynic (realist?) in me thinks "Well, this is clearly only done so when they destroy the FFA in court for not filling their contractual obligations of a completed season, FFA can't fight back with "but Foxtel didn't pay us"". Think of it as basically putting down a deposit for a bigger win at the end.
    Interesting interpretation...
    Or it could the result of a negotiation to terminate the contract at the end of this season: "I'll give you 12M, you leave me alone. Goodbye"

Anyone else see the news that the A league is being held up due to Fox holding them to ransom over broadcast costs?
    Apparently Fox won't show the games unless FFA agree to lower the current deal from $59m down to $10m.

https://footballtoday.news/features/just-walk-away

Lots of stuff on twitter about it as well.
    Last edited by Aegon; 28-05-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Anyone else see the news that the A league is being held up due to Fox holding them to ransom over broadcast costs?
    Apparently Fox won't show the games unless FFA agree to lower the current deal from $59m down to $10m.
    Sooner we split away from Foxtel the better. They no longer value the sport.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Sooner we split away from Foxtel the better. They no longer value the sport.
    A decent streaming app that works on smart tv's, apple tv, etc would get my subscription.

A-league content now removed from Kayo sports, not looking good for the broadcast of the remaining rounds of this season and future seasons too.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.