Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
They are still the real workers of this game, they deserve to enjoy the benefits. That's why I can sympathise with the arguments made by the PFA about an increase in income should result in an increase to players wages, but obviously it's not as simple as that given the current financial situation of the league.
In principle I agree with your thoughts that they the talent should get the rewards. My complaint at this point in time as the they have been "OVERPAID" for the last 8 years. FFS our salary cap compared to TV income/Other forms of revenue is way above the percentages enjoyed in the NRL and AFL. Paying a salary cap of $2.5million per club for a TV revenue of $17million a year across the board is ****ed

The deal the PFA got them when the HAL was set up has been bordering on criminal extortion. The money hasn't really been there to pay them what they were entitled to under their agreement and as a result the game has suffered as a consequence. For the last 8 years the club owners, fans and the code have been paying the price and taking it up the arse from the PFA.

I will be pretty pissed if the club owners/FFA allow the PFA any significant increase at all. The players should wear it this time round to get a bit of stability and money into the clubs and then push on for the next deal in 4 years time. I think if the PFA play their cards right and take one up the arse now they will benefit big time in 4 years time for doing so.

Unfortunately Trade Unions don't see it that way