Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Griff can lead you to Kayo sports but he cannot make you drink in that HD streaming goodness.

Hail Griff.
    As usual, Plague speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Has Griff found a way to cast from the MyFootball app?
    Get a VPN set it to Overseas

Then watch the game on U Tube via the My Football site

Then stream the cast from UTube

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Get a VPN set it to Overseas

Then watch the game on U Tube via the My Football site

Then stream the cast from UTube
    For someone who rails against the welfare state as much as you do, you sure love getting all the free shit you can get your hands on don't ya.

Never seen this much gypo behaviour before.

Sad.

Member For Kincumber South indeed.

I'd hate to see the hookers the Member is drilling if he thinks $25 a month for Kayo Sports is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd hate to see the hookers the Member is drilling if he thinks $25 a month for Kayo Sports is too much.
    Why do you think he goes to Thailand so often?

5 5 5

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    For someone who rails against the welfare state as much as you do, you sure love getting all the free shit you can get your hands on don't ya.

Never seen this much gypo behaviour before.

Sad.

Member For Kincumber South indeed.
    Their fault

I paid for their product

They jerked me around and wouldn't allow me to view it so I learned to get around their BS

Why now will I pay for it again ??

Banned
    Cops America is gonna be on Optus

Suarez Messi and co tearing Socceroos a new onev

Here we go...
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...16-p54kj0.html

Sources with detailed knowledge of the broadcast deal suggest Fox Sports withholding the April quarterly payment is a breach of the contract, while FFA must complete the A-League season by July 1 in order to meet its obligations. Failure to do that could provide Fox Sports with the opportunity to walk away from the final three years of the deal.
    Interesting to see what would happen if the A-league was able to miraculously complete the season (not impossible, I think).
    Failing to pay could expose Fux to serious consequences/penalties/legal actions.
    Correct?
    Last edited by mic22; 17-04-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Foxtel is very quickly becoming a dated service.
    The A-League should look at partnering with DAZN when they launch in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Foxtel is very quickly becoming a dated service.
    The A-League should look at partnering with DAZN when they launch in Australia.
    I reckon they'd be better doing a deal with Optus for now. Dazn doesn't have much purchase in Oz yet and we don't have anything worth showing the rest of the world.

But I'd still be happy if we did a deal with Dazn instead of Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Also, I know this isn't the right thread. But we need to get back to playing in Winter IMO. Brisbane can move to Dolphin Stadium, which means it's only Sydney, Citeh, Victurds and us who would need to find new stadiums.

Screw the NRL and screw free to air TV. Let's move to smaller stadiums, make it cheap to stream online and align ourselves with Asia as much as possible. FTA is dying anyways, there's barely anyone who are choosing between NRL and A League anymore. We'd be better off building something worth selling to the rest of the world than trying to match NRL crowd's and trying to sell out large stadiums.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I reckon they'd be better doing a deal with Optus for now. Dazn doesn't have much purchase in Oz yet and we don't have anything worth showing the rest of the world.

the Director of Strategy at DAZN is an old mate of mine - has lived in Australia for over a decade (doesn't now, is based in Singapore) and is very aware of the A-League

not that I can provide any insight, but I reckon they'd be a good back up if Optus falls through

can't imagine it'd be a huge amount of cash that anyone is going to trow at the A-League - at least not without some drastic changes

Once DAZN launch globally they will pull all of their content from Optus Sports and distribute it themselves. That will leave Optus with only the Premier League which I believe that deal is set for renewal and you can bet DAZN will bid for it.

DAZN were all set for a global launch on May 2nd with Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders being the event to launch. Now with COVID setting everything back it is highly speculated that DAZN will launch globally in September with Canelo vs GGG.

If the A-League cheifs haven't at least spoken to the DAZN executives then they are crazy, digital media and App platforms are the future and if Football can get a headstart on the other codes then that's a positive in my opinion.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the Director of Strategy at DAZN is an old mate of mine - has lived in Australia for over a decade (doesn't now, is based in Singapore) and is very aware of the A-League

not that I can provide any insight, but I reckon they'd be a good back up if Optus falls through

can't imagine it'd be a huge amount of cash that anyone is going to trow at the A-League - at least not without some drastic changes
    You know what to do boz, get on the phone to your mate and make this deal happen������
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Once DAZN launch globally they will pull all of their content from Optus Sports and distribute it themselves. That will leave Optus with only the Premier League which I believe that deal is set for renewal and you can bet DAZN will bid for it.

DAZN were all set for a global launch on May 2nd with Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders being the event to launch. Now with COVID setting everything back it is highly speculated that DAZN will launch globally in September with Canelo vs GGG.

If the A-League cheifs haven't at least spoken to the DAZN executives then they are crazy, digital media and App platforms are the future and if Football can get a headstart on the other codes then that's a positive in my opinion.
    So Optus has EPL until 2022, they have J league until 2023. They have UCL and UEL until the end of next season and are in talks to extend.

Bein Sports has EFL and lower until 2023, and they have some rights to Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, SPL, and others.

So DAZN will need to get UCL/UEL rights for 2021 before they even look at the A league, cause no one is paying $35 a month for A league only and German/Italian/French commentated football. Plus the fighting and US sports, but not all football punters care about that stuff.

I'm sure eventually the A league will move there. But given how bad the situation is right now, unless DAZN offer huge money I think Optus are the safer bet until say 2022 or 2023.

So Optus has EPL until 2022, they have J league until 2023. They have UCL and UEL until the end of next season and are in talks to extend.

Bein Sports has EFL and lower until 2023, and they have some rights to Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, SPL, and others.

So DAZN will need to get UCL/UEL rights for 2021 before they even look at the A league, cause no one is paying $35 a month for A league only and German/Italian/French commentated football. Plus the fighting and US sports, but not all football punters care about that stuff.

I'm sure eventually the A league will move there. But given how bad the situation is right now, unless DAZN offer huge money I think Optus are the safer bet until say 2022 or 2023.
    DAZN is already partnered with everything you listed above in other territories and it's their global strategy to be the partners of those competition Worldwide.
    The strategie is to use combat sports to get themselves brand recognition then acquire licensing for other high profile sports when they become available.

As for $35 a month, there is no way that is going to be the price guide. It only cost US$10 a month and Joe Markowski has been quoted as saying it will only cost £5 a month when it launches in the UK.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

DAZN is already partnered with everything you listed above in other territories and it's their global strategy to be the partners of those competition Worldwide.
    The strategie is to use combat sports to get themselves brand recognition then acquire licensing for other high profile sports when they become available.

As for $35 a month, there is no way that is going to be the price guide. It only cost US$10 a month and Joe Markowski has been quoted as saying it will only cost £5 a month when it launches in the UK.
    The article I read said that Dazn cost USD$19.99 a month and will be approx $35 for Australia. https://www.finder.com.au/dazn. I think it started off at $10 a month but doubled last year.

I'm sure that Dazn will eventually take over those sports in Aus, but for now they don't have the rights. So unless they pay Bein Sports for them, and Optus for EPL, they'll have to wait to get them. They will only have UCL/UEL to begin with, once they secure that deal at the end of next season.

I don't think the A League can wait for that to happen. So it might be better to tie itself to Optus and the EPL for now and then move to Dazn once it has some content and the pricing is a bit better.

Agree....go Optus. Would be good to see Mel back in the saddle for A-League. Enough pundits to not need Bozza and Slater too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Agree....go Optus. Would be good to see Mel back in the saddle for A-League. Enough pundits to not need Bozza and Slater too.
    I like Bozza but Slater is a tool
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

The article I read said that Dazn cost USD$19.99 a month and will be approx $35 for Australia. https://www.finder.com.au/dazn. I think it started off at $10 a month but doubled last year.

I'm sure that Dazn will eventually take over those sports in Aus, but for now they don't have the rights. So unless they pay Bein Sports for them, and Optus for EPL, they'll have to wait to get them. They will only have UCL/UEL to begin with, once they secure that deal at the end of next season.

I don't think the A League can wait for that to happen. So it might be better to tie itself to Optus and the EPL for now and then move to Dazn once it has some content and the pricing is a bit better.
    It's US$19.95 If you go month by month, if you sign up to 12 months it is US$120 a similar deal will be launched globally. It's fair to assume we'll get DAZN for around $12-15 a month double that if you choose to opt in month by month.

When DAZN come to the market they won't be coming in quite, partner up with them early, be there sell, be there marketing. To me it's a no brainer the exposure and free marketing from one of the biggest sports distributor in the world, where do you sign.
    I'M GULLIBLE!