Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

I think it's Murdoch trying to destroy FTA Sport that competes with Foxtel - much like when they collapsed OneHD when it started taking customers from Foxtel.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    How is it better than SBS? 1 game and a channel that noone will find
    You say that like your average skip bogan meathead regularly watches SBS anyway

No they don't

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Does this mean the FTA Friday games are gone ?
    Yes, it will be the Saturday night game instead
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Well SBS didn't do themselves or viewers and favours when they had the Friday night games. From what I can recall they broadcast all the regular season Friday fixtures in SD rather than HD. I do though think that Foxtel handing over the Saturday game for a mere $2 million to Channel Ten, a company they have major shareholdings in is definitely something the ACCC should be investigating.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-06-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You say that like your average skip bogan meathead regularly watches SBS anyway

No they don't
    lol, but all people who want to watch football will choose a different number on the remote.

So there is no improvement, apart from Sydney is on every week.

I demand 2 fta games each week

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...4da583cf7dea8a

Channel 10 shares placed in trading halt as the network grapples with funding crisis
    CHANNEL 10’s future hangs in the balance as the embattled broadcaster struggles to repay its debts.
    Ten Network Holdings’ shares have placed into a trading halt this morning, amid speculation the network may announce a voluntary administration after three key backers decided not to support a new funding deal to refinance a $200 million loan.
    The Australian reported today Ten shareholders Lachlan Murdoch, Bruce Gordon and James Packer have decided against guaranteeing a new $250 million loan to replace the existing $200 million overdraft, which needs to be repaid to Commonwealth Bank in *December.
    The network’s board is weighing its options while the trading halt remains in force, a process that could take several days.
    “Over the weekend, Ten received correspondence from financial advisers Illyria Pty Limited and Birketu Pty Limited, two of the shareholders which guarantee the company’s current financial position,” company secretary Stuart Thomas said in an update to the ASX this morning.
    “That correspondence confirms that those guarantors do not intend to extend or increase their support for the company’s credit facilities beyond the term of the current facility which expires on 23 December 2017.”
    Illyria, Lachlan Murdoch’s private investment vehicle, holds 7.5 per cent of Ten shares, while Bruce Gordon’s Birketu controls 15 per cent. James Packer, is understood to be keen to sell his 7.7 per cent stake, Fairfax Media reports.
    Mr Thomas requested that the shares remain in a trading halt for at least 48 hours while the company considered its position and “the range of restructuring and refinancing initiatives underway”.
    TOUGH TIMES FOR TELEVISION
    Ten, which boasts hit shows The Bachelor and MasterChef and Big Bash cricket, had hoped to secure new funding faded over weekend.
    At its recent half-year *results, the company admitted it may not be able to carry on as a going concern after posting a $232.2 million loss.
    As Australia’s third-placed free-to-air network, Ten has struggled to raise enough advertising revenue to cover its costs.
    The rise of streaming services like Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime and Foxtel now has put the television industry under pressure, while online media also competes for advertiser dollars.

I have Netflix, Foxtel and Optus.

FTA is dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I have Netflix, Foxtel and Optus.

FTA is dead to me.
    Agreed. FTA is just too bloated with ads, promos, and all other sorts of shit to even bother with - let alone the shit programming.

I'd rather watch YouTube than FTA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agreed. FTA is just too bloated with ads, promos, and all other sorts of shit to even bother with - let alone the shit programming.

I'd rather watch YouTube than FTA.
    fox is also ad-nauseous

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    fox is also ad-nauseous
    Which is annoying because we were always told when pay tv started that subs would replace ad revenue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Which is annoying because we were always told when pay tv started that subs would replace ad revenue.
    The small uptake and small population took paid to that idea

ABC reporting channel ten has gone into voluntary administration.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ABC reporting channel ten has gone into voluntary administration.
    Hope The Project gets picked up somewhere else. I need some wanker telling Hawk that it's all his fault.

I read somewhere that the owners wanted to go into Vol Admin so they could get out of contracts they had with American Content providers which were shocking for them. Be able to remodel, sign new contracts then all would be well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I read somewhere that the owners wanted to go into Vol Admin so they could get out of contracts they had with American Content providers which were shocking for them. Be able to remodel, sign new contracts then all would be well.
    If true

Disgraceful behaviour

They signed the deal

Honour the contract you unAustralian ****ers

just renegotiate the simpsons contract
    simpsons 23 hours a day, news from 5 to 6
    simple really

Makes sense.
    Happens in business all the time really.

Will probably just end up owned by a different "company" with the same Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    just renegotiate the simpsons contract
    simpsons 23 hours a day, news from 5 to 6
    simple really
    Soooo... Fox8 it is then?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If true

Disgraceful behaviour

They signed the deal

Honour the contract you unAustralian ****ers
    Sounds like a good loophole to make use of.
    I'm sure you'd be finding all the loopholes if, heaven forbid, you made a bad decision.