Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

I think the bad decisions at Ten have been strategic in as far as several board members / stake holders true alliances are elsewhere.

Fox seem to spend more time thwarting competition than they do developing their product. I mean SD broadcasting and only 1080i if yer lucky as an option ? It's a joke - 4k or GTFO.

Champions League rights in Austria and Germany will only be on Sky (paytv) or Dazn (online stream) no more free to Air.....
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Sounds like a good loophole to make use of.
    I'm sure you'd be finding all the loopholes if, heaven forbid, you made a bad decision.
    Sounds like an area where our frauds of politicians fail us

Rob a cash register at a shop >> Go to Gaol

Steal millions from people by refusing to pay debts >> Go into liquidation/ administration and start again

Disgrace you can gamble like this and get away with not paying the price for failing

Banned
    Fox Sports have axed Rudan from their coverage

Want to apparently bring in more of a female element so hopefully more Mel/Tara like sorts

Also given Bozza and Slater a 25% pay cut so expect more controversial rants from them to get their pay back

Maybe that why those two tearing into Ange so vigorously

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Want to apparently bring in more of a female element so hopefully more Mel/Tara like sorts
    All shit aside about chicks doing sport, Tara is genuinely excellent at her job.
    She actually brings a bit of joy and personality to it.
    I mean, it's sport for christs sake, it should be fun.

The likes of Rudan/Slater etc are mind numbingly dull so even if there is a salient point to make their delivery bores you to death.

Jess Yates on the Supercars is another really good fit.

Hopefully there is another Tara out there because it will make the coverage so much more fun as opposed to just 'hey here's a hottie whos a mute so let's get Robbie to tell us about winning the EPL again'.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    All shit aside about chicks doing sport, Tara is genuinely excellent at her job.

The likes of Rudan/Slater etc are mind numbingly dull so even if there is a salient point to make their delivery bores you to death.

Hopefully there is another Tara out there because it will make the coverage so much more fun as opposed to just 'hey here's a hottie whos a mute so let's get Robbie to tell us about winning the EPL again'.
    There's a few that do NRL coverage as well that are great fits. Dream would be to have Mel back. Tara and Mel covering football, eventually pushing Bozza and Robbie out of a job entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    There's a few that do NRL coverage as well that are great fits. Dream would be to have Mel back. Tara and Mel covering football, eventually pushing Bozza and Robbie out of a job entirely.
    Yeah I've seen there's a big female rep in league but have never watched any of those shows to form an opinion.

Oh and Sarah Jones on the AFL and cricket is awesome too.

Look, I love Mel but her awkwardness really only worked when she was with Bozza in full clown mode.

Nowadays Bozza seems cranky 24/7 and poor Mel would look way out of place trying to liven the place up.

I'd love to see more Simon Hill on the soccer shoes. Yes I know he calls the games but man he's interesting to listen to and has an awesome delivery.

But yeah ain't gonna miss Rudan.
    Just hope there's not some recently retired Sydney FC reject taking his place.

Yeah I've seen there's a big female rep in league but have never watched any of those shows to form an opinion.

Oh and Sarah Jones on the AFL and cricket is awesome too.

Look, I love Mel but her awkwardness really only worked when she was with Bozza in full clown mode.

Nowadays Bozza seems cranky 24/7 and poor Mel would look way out of place trying to liven the place up.

I'd love to see more Simon Hill on the soccer shoes. Yes I know he calls the games but man he's interesting to listen to and has an awesome delivery.

But yeah ain't gonna miss Rudan.
    Just hope there's not some recently retired Sydney FC reject taking his place.
    I would LOVE Bubs on the panel. She is fantastic. Probably too busy coaching Heidelberg though.

Credit to Fox Football and to SBS who pioneered good looking and importantly, knowledgeable, women to front their panels.

Mariana Rudan (hey Fox - there's your new Rudes!), Steph Brantz, Mel, Tara, Lucy are the templates. Mel's "offside rule" ad was a highlight.

I don't want them to overdo it though. That NRL show with all women reminds me too much of the "Netty Show" on Fast Forward. I prefer the girls to be the facilitators of discussion.

And agree with Plague's call on Simon Hill - he, not Foz, could be the next Les Murray of Australian football if done right.

The way Slater sees it...

Then again swap Tara for Debbie Spillane in this pic and you have the football Dream Team....

Last edited by Jetmaster; 12-09-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Banned

Your spot on with your assessment on Tara

Bozza surprisingly for a goal keeper is quite knowledgeable on the tactical side of things though his personality is so wide of the mark it not funny

One minute he the village idiot giggling like a fool the next a serious angry ****

Maybe Peadick needs to slip him some coke or something

Slater on the other hand it blows me away how he is still there
    He isn't exactly eloquent and he shows far too much favouritism to Liverpool Sydney FC Gypos and Graham Arnold

How he has a gig still defies logic

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Your spot on with your assessment on Tara

Bozza surprisingly for a goal keeper is quite knowledgeable on the tactical side of things though his personality is so wide of the mark it not funny

One minute he the village idiot giggling like a fool the next a serious angry ****

Maybe Peadick needs to slip him some coke or something

Slater on the other hand it blows me away how he is still there
    He isn't exactly eloquent and he shows far too much favouritism to Liverpool Sydney FC Gypos and Graham Arnold

How he has a gig still defies logic
    Goalkeepers dont get the rap that the should re knowledge.. FFS they spend most of the game analysing the game....

German TV use Oli Kahn and Jens Lehmen.. Playing days absolute crazies at times but def alot of knowledge about the game.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Goalkeepers dont get the rap that the should re knowledge.. FFS they spend most of the game analysing the game....

German TV use Oli Kahn and Jens Lehmen.. Playing days absolute crazies at times but def alot of knowledge about the game.
    Agreed. - a career of watching tactics coming at you, and at the same time going away from you means most GK's are pretty solid at this stuff.

The trick for most of them is going from watching the game end to end, to being able to see it from side on.

FFA counting on FTA for more exposure to general public - can Ten live up to this???
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/49...-deal/?cs=2439
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

https://tenplay.com.au/sport/a-league/fixtures

wow, just how well does this schedule illustrate how disadvantaged we are by these Syd-Melb-centric 7pm time slot draws
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Lot of complaints from viewers that the ONE coverage constantly cut to ads during stoppages
    Not a good start with the viewing figures either
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Hope not as that will kill it off quickly...have many times in the past not seen goals scored during ads. A Socceroos game being a prime example.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Lot of complaints from viewers that the ONE coverage constantly cut to ads during stoppages
    Not a good start with the viewing figures either
    Well i wasn't in for it as I was in Gosford and coming home so missed it but I take it I could have watched it on Fox instead of 10??

I tried to watch via TenPlay. Didn't work at all.

Just came across this on the Yoochoob.

The days when Fox really put the effort into the preseason - this is probably the best season intro they did.

The faces, the memories, the moments - Song nutmeg

Banned
    Who the **** was Matt Simon rooting to get his bonce in there so many times

Blokes always been shit