Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So much of that is right and it is the governance of each sport that is at fault.

Constant rule changes, inconsistent scheduling, television coverage across several mediums, over zealous security, decline of organic support, priority of "family friendly entertainment", franchises and nicknames reducing identity.

When they find a good thing it gets flogged to death. Long time fans are getting sick of being treated like mugs to cater for the plastic fans who change support like the weather.

I think it will be hard to turn around.
    It's all true... but I believe the main problem is the quality of football.
    I think most Australian football fans follow the EPL, and they probably refuse to fork out for tickets, memberships etc to watch something 2 levels below.
    NRL and AFL are "local" sports, so there is no comparison with other leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I think most Australian football fans follow the EPL, and they probably refuse to fork out for tickets, memberships etc to watch something 2 levels below.
    I point out to every coach that comes along and , after going ahead, instructs his team to dive and roll around theatrically and time waste that all he doing is shooting himself in the foot as he won't have a job soon the way the ratings are heading.

Sure the administration of the game is shite but the standard of the game is rather gash if you compare to 5-10 years ago.

As noted my earlier post was about all sports - not just football, which has always been a few levels lower than EPL.

BBL is a great example, you are seeing quality players but many traditional cricket fans have switched off already and now they have ramped it up to saturation level the plastics are looking at alternatives.

The A-League was going OK until they smacked down active support and tried to make it "BBL like", moved away from a straight forward draw and stuffed up VAR implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Thats very generous saying only 2 levels below EPL....
    Amigos Aarau

Mark Bosnich on the foxtels tonight calling for a lengthy suspension for Gypo Simon after his ref abuse.
    Was pretty scathing considering the gypo is one of the players who gets a pass from his mates on the desk (gypo McBreen still refers to him as 'Simmo' on the telecast).
    Reminds me of the 'Muscy being Muscy' bullshit we had to endure all those years ago when that dickhead was blowing peoples knees out.

That gypo sympathiser Miller then went on to crap on about the 'frustration' Gypo Simon and his teammates would be feeling..........but Bozza was having none of it.

bout time someone called out that gypo scumbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Mark Bosnich on the foxtels tonight calling for a lengthy suspension for Gypo Simon after his ref abuse.
    Was pretty scathing considering the gypo is one of the players who gets a pass from his mates on the desk (gypo McBreen still refers to him as 'Simmo' on the telecast).
    Reminds me of the 'Muscy being Muscy' bullshit we had to endure all those years ago when that dickhead was blowing peoples knees out.

That gypo sympathiser Miller then went on to crap on about the 'frustration' Gypo Simon and his teammates would be feeling..........but Bozza was having none of it.

bout time someone called out that gypo scumbag.
    Missed it

What though were his thoughts on Brosques impending suspension??

Bozza and McBreen didn't get suspended for saying the F bomb by Fox either....

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...13-p51msx.html

i'd say this would be worrying for FFA and the a-league.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Piss poor platform deserves to be dying

Can't wait for them to go bankrupt

The damage they have done to Oz society they deserve failure

Piss poor platform deserves to be dying

Can't wait for them to go bankrupt

The damage they have done to Oz society they deserve failure
    yeah, **** em, what have they ever done for football?

Tara on the awards night redefining "headlamps".

20190513_203122-1.jpg

Banned
    yeah, **** em, what have they ever done for football?
    Run the HAL into the ground for one with there wank arse business practices and the Shit fully.poor presentation where we have dimwits like Slater and Speed

Do I need to go on ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Tara on the awards night redefining "headlamps".
    They are actually shining. Remarkable.

Myself and a lot of others have long ago cancelled their fox subscriptions. Way too expensive for minimal delivery.

Not great for the A-League's coffers, but I think the medium is dying a slow death.

Kayo & other streaming platforms will slowly start taking up some of the content in the coming years as Foxtel continues to decline.

Never had Fox, Home games I attend and away games I go to wests
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Kayo & other streaming platforms will slowly start taking up some of the content in the coming years as Foxtel continues to decline.
    Foxtel owns Kayo.
    They saw the writing on the wall years ago and know their non-sports content will eventually be taken back by their rights holders for their own streaming platforms (HBOgo, Disney+ etc). The future for foxtel is live sports via streaming.

It' (eventually) will be cheaper and more efficient to run vs traditional satellite/cable tech.

The A-league will be fine. Someone will always have room on a platform for some garbage.

Foxtel owns Kayo.
    They saw the writing on the wall years ago and know their non-sports content will eventually be taken back by their rights holders for their own streaming platforms (HBOgo, Disney+ etc). The future for foxtel is live sports via streaming.

It' (eventually) will be cheaper and more efficient to run vs traditional satellite/cable tech.

The A-league will be fine. Someone will always have room on a platform for some garbage.
    Honestly didn't know Kayo was owned by Fox.

I watch any games I need to via My Football Live which, while not perfect, is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Banned
    Foxtel owns Kayo.

Good thing they seen it plenty of years ago and crippled the NBN plan just so their business model survived a few more years and they were able to keep rival competitors out as they exploited their nonopoly

Good thing they seen it plenty of years ago and crippled the NBN plan just so their business model survived a few more years and they were able to keep rival competitors out as they exploited their nonopoly
    #staywoke
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG