Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Really? Becasue Ive actually met the bloke and he has always struck me as honest and down to earth. Are you basing your opinion on anything in particular? Other than the Staj stuff which a lot of journos were reporting on in a similar vein.
    Three Journos ran with it initially claiming to be aware of actual facts. L Zelic, Rushton and Garb. The remaining so called journos then ran with it.

Garb and co clearly went with the" if only others knew what we know ".

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/01/2...s-total-sense/

I met lots of people to but couldn't tell you how far they would go to obtain some sort of self relevance.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/05/2...-the-a-league/

Bit more info in this article. Contract apparently prevents a bid for AFL/NRL during the contract. I think this is a very smart move and worth the reduced income that clause would likely have caused.

I assume 10 has little control and it's all paramount because last time 10 had an aleague deal they did **** all to promote the fact they have 1 game a week

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I assume 10 has little control and it's all paramount because last time 10 had an aleague deal they did **** all to promote the fact they have 1 game a week
    Awww geez you aren't wrong. Article i read was all about bringing back the same old tired heads and voices to present the coverage good for Santo and those other blokes havent the general public missed them.
    People wondering if Bozza and Foster can co exist. How bout both of them **** off outta here.
    Next stop, get South Melbourne back in.
    Chop chop lads, time to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    10 is paramount, both owned by ViacomCBS. Have been for a few years now since the Murdoch's torpedoed 10 on their way to trying to grab a FTA broadcaster only for CBS to turn their multi year output deal into a debit and grabbing control of 10 from under the Murdoch's nose. Paramount+ is just a rebrand of 10 all access in Australia and CBS all access in the states.

The interesting news is the 2.5% stake Viacom has taken in the APL as part of the deal, they now have skin in the game to promote it as they are shareholders. The other is that the APL is in charge of all outside broadcast, on screen talent and production so that $200m is going to have to fund that production each year as well, but it means they can sell a final finished product internationally, so the APL is in control of their own destiny, from the pitch to the living room the buck stops with them.

Re: Garb, he had Staj on his podcast last week and the two sounded fine. They even discussed Staj losing the Matildas job. I doubt Staj has a beef with Garb.

And if Garb's good enough for the head Mariner, he's good enough for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Awww geez you aren't wrong. Article i read was all about bringing back the same old tired heads and voices to present the coverage good for Santo and those other blokes havent the general public missed them.
    People wondering if Bozza and Foster can co exist. How bout both of them **** off outta here.
    Next stop, get South Melbourne back in.
    Chop chop lads, time to get on with it.
    FMD, I’d love to see Slater and Foster do the commentary or a weekly show.
    End the season with a fight night NRL style and have the GF on a big screen in the background

Great news
    Will be interesting to see where the EPL and UCL rights end up
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Really sick of these bots!
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Two promos spotted featuring socceroos/a-league on channel 10

Tom Glover on "Have You Been Paying Attention"....cross promotion begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Tom Glover on "Have You Been Paying Attention"....cross promotion begins.
    Interesting.. I was reading that Archie Thompson will be on Celebrity Masterchef later this year too..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Interesting.. I was reading that Archie Thompson will be on Celebrity Masterchef later this year too..
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    That's got me watching...at least one episode.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Bosnich to Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Bosnich to Stan
    Boz n Foz.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

How do I even watch the game tonight?
    Do I need a rabbit ear antenna and a guide on how to watch poor people's TV?

I’m sure you could stream on Tenplay?

The 10play app video quality for ffa cup games was woeful. The Paramount + app is a turd as well with nowhere near the quality of fox or kayo.

Anything less than 1920x1080p in this day and age is simply not good enough.