Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 20 | WS Wanderers v Newcastle Jets | Fri 16th Feb 2018 7.50pm

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Goal of tbe year!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you think for one second that anyone else other than Ninkovic is winning that award then I don’t know what else I can do for you homie.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If you think for one second that anyone else other than Ninkovic is winning that award then I don’t know what else I can do for you homie.
    **** Ninkovic the defending was non existent. Nabbouts was world class

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    that second penalty was an absolute disgrace
    Law 12 states:
    Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the
    ball with the hand or arm.
    The following must be considered:
    • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
    • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
    • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
    • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
    is an offence
    • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

From what I saw of TS "handball" last night, both in normal speed and slow motion, based on these rules the ref initially got it right then the VAR and refs review got it wrong.
    Distance was SFA with no chance of TS getting his hand out of the way. His hand did not move toward the ball except that it was attached to his arm and body and the entire unit was moving toward the ball in defence.

This is not the first time that Stavre has got it wrong when running the VAR. He needs reeducation or retirement.

Even in real time, the first goal wanderers scored looked offside and ultimately it was proved to be the case. VAR right to act on that occasion but took way too long to come to that decision. Just show the replay on the big screen at the game with a line to highlight.. crowd is more content.

First penalty, carrusca milked it but it was a penalty.

Dimi cracking goal! Evidence of how many light years we are ahead of last season.

The handball. Shit me. We were on the end of a beneficial call against Adelaide at home to win the game. From what I recall of that game I thought we werr lucky then but it was borderline. That 2nd penalty, never in a million years is that handball as highlighted in post above.

Nabbout. Ripper goal. Absolute class. That'd be a goal of the season contender in any top league in the world. Beautiful team play.

I'm a keeper, and that was a goal! Regardless of whether hoff made contact with the ball or not he had absolutely every right to challenge for that ball. The stronger of the two in the challenge was hoff. Either vedran should have jumped first or punched. (He should have got a yellow earlier for his interaction with O Donovan - found out twice and got the rub of the green twice!) What I don't understand is how VAR can interfere in that goal. The man in the middle had clear sight of what was going on and rightly awarded the goal.

Jets deserved to win that game. Merrick has every reason to feel aggrieved by that atrocious display last night.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    **** Ninkovic the defending was non existent. Nabbouts was world class
    oh im not saying Ninkovic was better, im saying that the people voting for the award aint looking anywhere else for submissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Law 12 states:
    is an offence

From what I saw of TS "handball" last night, both in normal speed and slow motion, based on these rules the ref initially got it right then the VAR and refs review got it wrong.
    Distance was SFA with no chance of TS getting his hand out of the way. His hand did not move toward the ball except that it was attached to his arm and body and the entire unit was moving toward the ball in defence.

This is not the first time that Stavre has got it wrong when running the VAR. He needs reeducation or retirement.

It pisses me off when the Foxtel commentators bang on about "hand/arm in an unnatural position".

If it's not intentional - it's not handball.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    It pisses me off when the Foxtel commentators bang on about "hand/arm in an unnatural position".

So spot on and those numpties need to be told that. Those first two points say no penalty.

As for Hoff, shoulder to shoulder. If it was Riera and Boogs nobody would have said a thing.

Ernie may get fined for being absolutely right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

Since when has your hand been in an unnnatural position when it is attached to the end of your arm anyway??

Anyone else notice that the "Match Highlights" video on Foxsports doesn't show either penalty (only the conversions), nor does it show Hoff's goal.

oh if you get the chance check out Pato's reaction to Nabbouts goal.
    As it his the top corner, he just freezes dead, folds his arms and stares at the net for a second.

funny.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Law 12 states:
    is an offence

ok so im gonna blindly believe this is the rule as it is written (ive no reason to believe my man Hunter aint coming correct).

So can anyone point out which part of this rule the VAR applied to the incident with enough confidence that it overturns an 'obvious error'.

because that seems to be the biggest point. this rule, as written, doesnt give VAR any grounds to overturn it.

does it?
    Seems like I am WRONG

I think the rule for handball is more about convention than what is actually written. Much like how the rule-book definition of a strike in baseball hasn't been applied in an actual game since the early 1960's.

Banned
    As it his the top corner, he just freezes dead, folds his arms and stares at the net for a second.

funny.
    Since when has being blasphemous to Griff been allowed on the foz??

Paying homage to Griff for giving Nabbout the strength to do what he done isnt something to be joked about

Pato should be applauded for his acknowledgement of Griff at this time not be the butt of your jokes

Shame on you Plague

funny.
    i find georgevskis celebration more amusing. if that's what he does when you do something incredible, i wouldn't want to be around if you cock a tap-in up!

ok so im gonna blindly believe this is the rule as it is written (ive no reason to believe my man Hunter aint coming correct).

So can anyone point out which part of this rule the VAR applied to the incident with enough confidence that it overturns an 'obvious error'.

because that seems to be the biggest point. this rule, as written, doesnt give VAR any grounds to overturn it.

does it?
    The part where the decision will benefit a Sydney team..