Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney FC

Sydney FC

I didn’t want this to get lost in the match day thread.

No doubt they’ve been the best team in the comp over the last two seasons. Squad depth is poor but they’ve done something miraculous to keep the injuries away and generally get their best XI on the field every week. Can’t argue with the quality of Bobo, Adrian & Ninkovic but imagine if they had the same injuries we’ve copped. Bobo out for half the season like Roy, and Adrian out for most of the season aka Vargas. That’s not counting the minor injuries we’ve had to Pato, Georgevski, Kanta. Considering Bobo and Adrian have scored over half their goals, that would have made a helluva difference.

I may be biased but I’d be starting to worry as a Sydney fan. They’ve now got 5 games to play that don’t mean a lot so keeping the motivation will be hard. The premiership has been sewn up for a while. Even Arnold has been desperately trying to bleat on about goals and points records to try and keep the players hungry. They didn’t look it last night.

That’s 3 games against us now that they haven’t looked like the dominating force they usually are. We’ve proven to be a massive thorn in their side and the one capable of upsetting the apple cart on the big day.

The ACL is only proving to them that they aren’t invincible and now Arnie’s gotta juggle his squad between the two. His arrogance meant he put out a best XI against us and it’ll be interesting to see if it backfires come Wednesday.

What price they get knocked out in the GF qualifier?

Two games against the Mariners and they havent scored either.

Hate them as much as the scum.....maybe more

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Hate them as much as the scum.....maybe more
    I actually hate them more than the gypo scum..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I actually hate them more than the gypo scum..
    Not surprising really. You and pv4 have a lot to answer for.

Blue Aids. Souless club. Just proves to me that 'winning' isn't everything. Arnie a joke. Hand the AFC Cup back to Asian HQ now if he's in the box seat for the NT after the Dutchie.

Build the statue to Merrick now! Keep him forever. Make him the Sir Alex of Newy...without the shoe throwing TYVM.

Not that I wish injuries on any team, but how does one club escape so many unavoidable injuries over the course of 2 seasons? Just once, it would be nice to see Arnie struggle with injuries like Ernie's had to all season.

Boogaard is now gone for the season over nothing but an innocuous jump for a header and awkward landing. Sydney seem to have the gods smiling on them with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Not that I wish injuries on any team, but how does one club escape so many unavoidable injuries over the course of 2 seasons? Just once, it would be nice to see Arnie struggle with injuries like Ernie's had to all season.

Boogaard is now gone for the season over nothing but an innocuous jump for a header and awkward landing. Sydney seem to have the gods smiling on them with stuff like this.
    i think because they have the best strength and conditioning coach in the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i think because they have the best strength and conditioning coach in the comp.
    Do you think that's what happened with Boogaard though? Genuine question... I don't know how much that would contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Do you think that's what happened with Boogaard though? Genuine question... I don't know how much that would contribute.
    i'm no expert on injuries, but it seems logical to me that superior strength/conditioning will result in a reduction in the "innocuous" type of injury. i imaginee less fatigue in muscles means that you're better able to ride those kind of things.

Here's a thought with regards to injuries:
    There's nothing that sh!ts me to tears more with injuries than to see players 'touging it out'
    walking off the pitch. Everything I've learned from first aid courses over the years and especially
    moving through several levels of massage/remedial therapies and the anatomy that I learned with
    those modalities along the way, EVERY STEP they take is doing further damage.
    For Boogs to ditch the stretcher is plain dumb and ill informed. Physio's in attendance should know better
    and I've had this conversation with other working 'professionals' in the field before too.
    Get these hero's on a stretcher or at least helped off without weight bearing on the injured area or joint.

EDIT:- Sorry for the rant in this thread (off subject). Just wanted to get that off my chest.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 07-03-2018 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Rant rage re: injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Here's a thought with regards to injuries:
    There's nothing that sh!ts me to tears more with injuries than to see players 'touging it out'
    walking off the pitch. Everything I've learned from first aid courses over the years and especially
    moving through several levels of massage/remedial therapies and the anatomy that I learned with
    those modalities along the way, EVERY STEP they take is doing further damage.
    For Boogs to ditch the stretcher is plain dumb and ill informed. Physio's in attendance should know better
    and I've had this conversation with other working 'professionals' in the field before too.
    Get these hero's on a stretcher or at least helped off without weight bearing on the injured area or joint.

EDIT:- Sorry for the rant in this thread (off subject). Just wanted to get that off my chest.
    I always thought the same, without being an expert.
    You don't know the extent of the damage - don't put any weight on it!!!

Back to Sydney FFA: to be fair, they lost Grant in the pre-season - still nothing compared to all the bad luck suffered by the Jets...

I agree they should start to worry: still the most complete team in the a league, but their confidence is not that good anymore - lost in the ACL, lost with the Jets.
    And their fitness doesn't look that good either: in the second part of the game last Sunday, they were clearly struggling to keep up with the Jets, despite being 1 man up the whole game.
    Last edited by mic22; 07-03-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I always thought the same, without being an expert.
    You don't know the extent of the damage - don't put any weight on it!!!

Back to Sydney FFA: to be fair, they lost Grant in the pre-season - still nothing compared to all the bad luck suffered by the Jets...

I agree they should start to worry: still the most complete team in the a league, but their confidence is not that good anymore - lost in the ACL, lost with the Jets.
    And their fitness doesn't look that good either: in the second part of the game last Sunday, they were clearly struggling to keep up with the Jets, despite being 1 man up the whole game.
    I think their fitness is probably decent, although having two old blokes at fullback and getting them to push high against a team looking to counter hard and fast is gonna cause you problems.
    We were outrunning them cause we were hungry as shit to show them up, especially after the perceived "being wronged" after 15 minutes.

Don't forget Nabbout has been running like a madman all season anyway. I would guess the half time sub of Brown may have been planned and him told to go hard and same with Kanta second half, and Dimi and McGree were both hungry pushing forward to support.

Arnie is still delusional...
    "Unintentionally, the players [against Newcastle] had one eye on Wednesday night because that's the challenge of the two competitions at the same time which is new to a lot of players.

"We removed that straight after the game. It was a one-off performance that I've not seen in a long, long time.

"When you have one or two players flat then there's no need to question anything. But when you have 12-13 players flat you then need to look at what you've done during the week.

"I believe the Shanghai game and Wanderers game took a lot of emotion out of the players and hell of a lot of effort.

"You suffer from it five to nine days later with fatigue or mental fatigue but we're recovered now. Straight after the game [against Jets], I addressed it."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Arnie is still delusional...

lol
    lol wankr

Arnold is a tosser and this walk up to national coach role after the world cup is just another demonstration Lowy and Gallop are overdosing on make me stupid drugs and should not be anywhere near this game.

Wasn't that long ago butt Kleenex Arnold said pre game my team is 120% ready to go then proceeded to put in a average performance and post game claimed the squad had a case of the slippery shits during the week. Only like minded fools like Arnie ( looking at you Lowy and Gallop ) could think he is national coach material.

Bloke had the sweats big time post presser and so he should as the karma train is ready to make an entrance right where the sun has never shined.

Why are you all falling for this shit?!

When did Matt Simon last score a goal ffs?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    not sure if I should feel unAustralian but I just cheered a bit then when Kashima scored

Ninko out, Zullo gone again and O'Neill in serious trouble injury wise. Bobo on the bench too.

This'll be good.