Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 24 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Fri 23rd Mar 2018 7.50pm

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    How much of that stemmed from having a gash CB pairing tonight?

We had no authority, no distribution, no control. Boogard provides a load of those qualities in spades. Hoffman was playing too close to Jackson all night and our midfield were non existant.

We need someone who can play next to topor. I’m sorry, but Jackson is not our answer and unfortunately the only one in the squad who comes close is kanta.

That or we need to sign an injury waiver player to cover cb.
    No point fixing the defense if you screw up the midfield.

We need an injury replacement for Boogs definitely.

Or is Johnny K still playing for us? I remember him being about Cowburns level. Which is marginally better than Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Don’t think that was the problem.
    He isnt doing anything with the ball to warrant more chances

#patoout

#nogoldeveragain

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    #patoout

#nogoldeveragain
    Its ok cause this isnt the proper gold anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    We gave up after 2 goals. Pathetic.
    No. We had no idea from minute 1. A game didnt even start. All them.

City has 3pts next week

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    We gave up after 2 goals. Pathetic.
    I want to disagree but I can't

It wasn't great butt i dont think we should read much into it given the unavailable players.

Two things that need to happen..
    Roy... with no Nabbout we have missed him badly in the last two weeks
    Jackson... can't start. We won't win the comp with him. Either kanta or sign someone. Spira was mentioned, how serious are we?

FMD...the sky is falling again after one game.

Just remember this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    It wasn't great butt i dont think we should read much into it given the unavailable players.

Two things that need to happen..
    Roy... with no Nabbout we have missed him badly in the last two weeks
    Jackson... can't start. We won't win the comp with him. Either kanta or sign someone. Spira was mentioned, how serious are we?
    Absolutely- the Sydney game at home was defining in many ways.

Vargas and pato will be good for the run in their legs. Adelaide away is always a tough fixture.

Last night we had the equivalent of Sydney missing Bobo, ninkovic, buijs and Adrian.

Puts a lot of things in perspective

Carn the Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    how serious are we?
    Not much or we would have replaced boogs. And for those that think we gave up after 2 need to watch the first 15 again

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

agree to a large extent, but that is two pretty poor performances in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Around this time last year we were in finals contention then suddenly went to pieces for the final 6? games. We’re not going to collapse but it does concern me that both Nabbout & Boogaard are gone, both contributing a shitload all season. We’re also putting a lot of faith in a guy who hasn’t played for 20+ rounds, plus McGree who is still settling, Rodriguez who for me is still an unknown, Champness who has gone off the boil since the first half of the season and Roy, who has missed more games than he’s played. Merrick has a hell of a task trying to get the chemistry back that seems to change drastically week to week. Next week we have Dimi & Roy back but no Hoff so the team will look vastly different again.

I already think Merrick should win coach of the year, but if he can lift us back up considering all the shit we’ve had to deal with, we might need to build a statue.

So are people still calling for the pato, Ronny, Dimi and Roy front 4? Personally I think it will be way to slow with ball movement...sure they’ll string heaps together and it will look pretty at times but I hope Roy is on song because he’ll need to take every chance he might get.

For all of the hoffs failings he is a pest to defence when forward and at the moment we have able coverage at the wide defenders spot. We needed more product up from....I didn’t even hear elseys name once and regan is a red waiting to happen when someone like Vargas gets at him. Never mind the defensive issues last night...the front 4 turned it over to much, the midfield were puss and we thought were playing in red....move on to next week

from what I saw last night
    Jackson can't be our CB going forward
    Ugar and Kanta have lost some of that chemistry they had earlier in the season, not sure what's happened with that but they aren't working together the same way. Maybe put Mcgree in the midfield and see how that plays out
    Mcgree isn't a winger, he's a good player but with a full strength team I'll be looking forward to him coming on more centrally
    Champness is still a young player, a good young player but right now that's all he is. He's done well considering he was thrust into a major role very early on, but he's not a starting XI footballer and definitely not a striker. I know he's there through circumstance but still
    We need hoff in an attacking role, and not at fullback. against tired legs he is exactly the type of **** you need to hassle the defence and pull some scrappy goals

going into the grand finals series, and assuming no replacements are signed for boogs, I'd be looking at something like:

Roy
    Pato - Vargas - Dimi
    Brown - Ugar
    Vujica - Topor - Kanta - George
    Duncan

Bench: Mcgree, Hoff, Champness, Cowburn, Moss

If Vujica isn't up to the task, a possible option would be to put George on the left, and put one of Johnny K or Cowburn out at right back, whichever one isn't used takes up the bench spot

Absolutely- the Sydney game at home was defining in many ways.

Vargas and pato will be good for the run in their legs. Adelaide away is always a tough fixture.

Last night we had the equivalent of Sydney missing Bobo, ninkovic, buijs and Adrian.

Puts a lot of things in perspective
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    going into the grand finals series, and assuming no replacements are signed for boogs, I'd be looking at something like:

Roy
    Pato - Vargas - Dimi
    Brown - Ugar
    Vujica - Topor - Kanta - George
    Duncan

Bench: Mcgree, Hoff, Champness, Cowburn, Moss

If Vujica isn't up to the task, a possible option would be to put George on the left, and put one of Johnny K or Cowburn out at right back, whichever one isn't used takes up the bench spot
    Why would you put Hoff on the bench ? His form is as good or better than most in the league let alone our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Why would you put Hoff on the bench ? His form is as good or better than most in the league let alone our squad.
    my thought for it is, later on in the game I would rather Hoff bothering the defence then say Pato.

Also, in a grand final there is always the chance of extra time, Pato wouldn't put in the hard yards where that to happen that Hoff would

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    my thought for it is, later on in the game I would rather Hoff bothering the defence then say Pato.

Also, in a grand final there is always the chance of extra time, Pato wouldn't put in the hard yards where that to happen that Hoff would
    Pato doesnt put in the hard yards all game