Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 24 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Fri 23rd Mar 2018 7.50pm

Still seeing panic above...all will settle in the next few weeks. Kanta and Ugar havent played together much lately. Ugar had a rare shocker...that will he fine in a week or two.
    Roy should now be one hitout away...Dimi should be back...Ronny and Pato will be ok with a couple of games.
    Jackson....well he is it like it or not.
    One thing Ernie wont do is make a raft of changes....when the finals roll up the only playet not available will be Nabbout.
    Will we win it? No....due to lack of finals experience...that is all.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 24-03-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Pato doesnt put in the hard yards all game
    This.

Pato doesnt put in the hard yards all game
    Vargas pulls out of challenges as well.

Maybe they've given up, accepted 2nd and do nothing silly and be injury free for finals.

does Hoffs red reset his yellows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Still seeing panic above...all will settle in the next few weeks. Kanta and Ugar havent played together much lately. Ugar had a rare shocker...that will he fine in a week or two.
    Roy should now be one hitout away...Dimi should be back...Ronny and Pato will be ok with a couple of games.
    One thing Ernie wont do is make a raft of changes....when the finals roll up the only playet not available will be Nabbout.
    Will we win it? No....due to lack of finals experience...that is all.
    A lotta my re-shuffling I would like to see happen primarily comes from Jackson not being a logically option. I know this was his first start in a long time, but he doesn't feel up to snuff, and even if Boogs is ready to go by finals I don't know if it's worth the risk

So who do you put there....not Kanta who needs to stay with Ugar in mids.

Kanta is a terrible CB stop suggesting this crazy idea

So I’d Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Panic is more like common sense lol

As for Jacko, you wont like the result. Vargo & Pato have the smartz but lack the steele.

That and why would you put a prolific goal scorer at CB... hahaha
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    So I’d Jackson
    Jackson isn't a walking red card

No panic from me.

Vargas was obviously under done fitness wise and didn't have a great impact. He's a better player than Brown, I just thought that Brown suited the game better this week and should have started.

Missing Nabbout and Roy was huge, we had no presence up top. Champness is still a good young player, just didn't have a great evening. Roy up top adds much more than just goals.

Uga had a bad game, he's still our best midfielder.

As for Jackson. He seems to be lacking awareness as he's still young. The main issue I see is the fact that he doesn't seem a good fit for Topor. Which is the fault of Topor as much as Jackson. I would love the club to find an injury replacement for Boogs before the finals if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    No panic from me.

Vargas was obviously under done fitness wise and didn't have a great impact. He's a better player than Brown, I just thought that Brown suited the game better this week and should have started.

Missing Nabbout and Roy was huge, we had no presence up top. Champness is still a good young player, just didn't have a great evening. Roy up top adds much more than just goals.

Uga had a bad game, he's still our best midfielder.

As for Jackson. He seems to be lacking awareness as he's still young. The main issue I see is the fact that he doesn't seem a good fit for Topor. Which is the fault of Topor as much as Jackson. I would love the club to find an injury replacement for Boogs before the finals if possible.
    FC or Victory would've been on to an injury replacement ASAP, Jackson can't defend on the right

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    does Hoffs red reset his yellows?
    No, it counts just as a yellow. He remains on 3 yellows but needs to get to 8 before another week off.

Actually, by my count Georgievski is out next week due that being his 8th yellow card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

No, it counts just as a yellow. He remains on 3 yellows but needs to get to 8 before another week off.

Actually, by my count Georgievski is out next week due that being his 8th yellow card.
    I thought I heard them say during the game that it was his 7th. Not that i'd trust them over you, just hoping we aren't miss both defenders for the same game.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I thought I heard them say during the game that it was his 7th. Not that i'd trust them over you, just hoping we aren't miss both defenders for the same game.
    Just investigated and they're right. I had out a yellow card against him in Rd 20 that was actually against Wayne Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles