Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 25 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Sun 1st Apr 2018 5:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Plague found him and killed him.
    the Member cannot be killed, only stalled long enough to let you escape.

but he will track you down, and he will unleash his takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Plus wtf is the shitcvnt ref? 5000 word intro is a waste without the real info
    I don't understand, sorry mate. You've lost me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Record over/set.
    That's all we'll get from this season.
    Hope we beat the sCCuM in two weeks but on that performance, nope.
    Personally, I think we peaked v Sh!tney.
    Yeah, I think we played our Grand Final a few weeks ago.

What bothers me is that whoever we play on the semi final will.be coming off a win.

Think we miss Nabbout more than Boogs. He gave us an outlet. That kept their defence back a bit bit he also had the strength to hold it up.

Someone said it before about 3 number 10s playing. There's no width.

Arzani had fun out there today.

Vargas can't be carried. I'd personally be putting Hoff back up top...once gorgeous George serves his suspension
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 02-04-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If Cowburn is good enough for a starting role they should fold the club.

He's a squad player at best in any top 4 a-league team.
    He is a squad player but? He’s only starting because of injuries. Do you want us to start with 10?

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    He is a squad player but? He’s only starting because of injuries. Do you want us to start with 10?
    If you look at the posts here quite a few people believe he should be starting every week. I don't agree with them.

Too late to start tinkering....at finals time we will have the full squad we started with less Nabbout. So the capability is there.

First, keep Kanta and Ugar together with Brown as backup. Keep Roy as he will get goals eventually. Leave Dimi in the 10 with Ronny as the shock tactic.

The issue is centre back and tbh I would just leave Jackson there the rest of the season to build a rapport with Topor. Only option if Johnny K stepped up. George and Hoff once suspensions are served.

Pato, Riley and Joey fight for the other two spots.

Back to basics.

Jetmaster speaks much sense

Too late to start tinkering....at finals time we will have the full squad we started with less Nabbout. So the capability is there.

First, keep Kanta and Ugar together with Brown as backup. Keep Roy as he will get goals eventually. Leave Dimi in the 10 with Ronny as the shock tactic.

The issue is centre back and tbh I would just leave Jackson there the rest of the season to build a rapport with Topor. Only option if Johnny K stepped up. George and Hoff once suspensions are served.

Back to basics.
    This

Back to basics.
    Roy appeared to let the cat out of the bag last night.. appears as though the squad are bracing for imminent return of boogs..

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Roy appeared to let the cat out of the bag last night.. appears as though the squad are bracing for imminent return of boogs..
    Say what?

Also disagreed with most of Merricks press conference. Talked like it was a close game and we played well

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Say what?
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/...king-to-488054

I’d say we will see boogs return for our home semi.

City played for free kicks around our box. A little more experience in that defensive third would have been telling.

3 shots on target from city..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't understand, sorry mate. You've lost me.
    wanted to know who the ref for that game and couldnt find it in the first post. Important info for punters as certain ones almost ensure results

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    not much difference is there.

Good for a 10 min cameo to save 3pts and not much more. Most of our ressies are of that calibre. Mgree needs more time to gel, like 5yrs

And aerial defence is non existent. probs been said already x1000

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    wanted to know who the ref for that game and couldnt find it in the first post. Important info for punters as certain ones almost ensure results
    Ah right. That info comes out about 2pm Thursday and is listed in the A-League website "Ins and Outs". I don't generally add it anymore - and last week didn't see me get much forum time to list it.

City did exactly what I would have done - put Arzani on Vujica. The free kick that lead to the third goal was soft, but they played for it and got it. We just need to do the same.

Agree Boogs is a massive loss and it will be huge if he is back for the home semi. A massive boost. But last night we had zero pace out wide, let alone any width! That killed us. And our slow ball movement. The times we looked good we moved the ball quickly.

Agree with JM - Kanta needs to play next to UG. His move to CB didn't negate the loss of him in the centre of the park.

Also, against City, we need to do a job on Brattan. He controls their play, their focal point. Shut him and severely hinder them. Pace out wide to make their fullbacks think twice about pushing up. We tried to put Pato on Atkinson, problem was he got double-teamed immediately. We didn't do the same on Arzani.

Roy gpot 13 touches in 90 minutes, Champness 2 in 16. The service to both, Roy in particular, shut us down. Mind you, maybe Roy needs to go looking for it like Nabbout did.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Also disagreed with most of Merricks press conference. Talked like it was a close game and we played well
    I thought we went ok. Just stuffed up one area

Now we all know Arzani is trash, but the one thing he can do is dribble (pretty much always to nowhere). For some reason we left him open all night for the big switch and there was never any pressure on the player making the pass out to trash boy. Nabbout was always the bloke closing that shot down up top. Someone needs to step up, but Ernie also needs to let em know.

Other than that we weren't as horrid as blokes on here making out. Vargas and Mcgree were looking for the ball, but it all starts with Ugabooga man as it has all year . he isn't at his best and its affecting us big time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If you look at the posts here quite a few people believe he should be starting every week. I don't agree with them.
    I don't believe he should be starting every week, he's a squad player. But, if we were to commit to Kanta at CB, then this was gonna be a chance for Cowburn to gain a starting spot with Brown possibly out for another week, if he went out there and really impressed, with the way the squad is now he coulda done it. He played like shit, proving he's a squad player.

This moving Kanta from his more natural position next to Ugar to play at the back with NTS is just creating two dodgy spots on the park. Either persist with Jackson or give Johny K a crack. Moving Kanta is just screwing with two positions.

When Champers came on i would have thought Pato would have moved ( on a official basis not of his own accord LOL ) ) in to the middle of the park and used Champers out wide.

Melbourne City's tactics need to be called out for what they are, Just plain cheating and against the spirit of how we like to see the game played in this country. This having attacking players deliberately running at defenders and throwing there bodies in to them then falling to the ground pleading a free is just down right f&^%(*g horse shit. If this is the extent of Joyce's coaching ability and tactical nous he can piss right off on the next Mother Country Airways flight along with his Roll r roli and that diving cheating prick Arzani. Sadly the powers at FFA are not capable or brave enough to stamp out this shit. That free to Arzani in the first half was just downright embarrassing to the game, himself and the city club. I can recall when Geronimo and Patricio Perez for that matter first started out in the league they were doing this diving crap and were quickly pulled into line by there own clubs and players, These blokes Roll r roli and Arzani seemed to be encouraged and applauded for acting out this way by there club and team mates.
    Last edited by 380; 02-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I don't believe he should be starting every week, he's a squad player. But, if we were to commit to Kanta at CB, then this was gonna be a chance for Cowburn to gain a starting spot with Brown possibly out for another week, if he went out there and really impressed, with the way the squad is now he coulda done it. He played like shit, proving he's a squad player.
    He impressed Merrick according to his presser