Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 26 | Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory | Fri 6th Apr 2018 7:50pm

Dimi has to play 10. Bench Vargas or don't play it. Can't afford to carry him anymorr

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    now the crowd is doing that phone light thing

that's it, I'm out
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    best part of the night tbh
    Think I might have started that. I was between Bay 1 n 2 trying to spot my bro up Nth side of top Western stand. Found him when he put his light on...then I did mine so he could see me.
    Lights went out 10min later n he texted as a joke "put your light back on lol" Soz Boz. I didn't even know it was a 'thing'.

Actually had a glimmer of hope the game would be abandoned when they went out and we could put the New Jets out another time n piss these Old Jets orf...
    Lacklustre performance.

Perhaps some thought Beath might do a better job in the dark.

On the upside anybody who was stupid enough to think Chris Beath was some sort of competent official got a reality check.

Take out Vargas
    Move Kanta into midfield
    Bring in Crazy George
    Move Hoff up field
    Roll the dice with Jackson
    Play Joey instead of McGree.
    Use Pato off the bench.

We will win. Not much to fix.

Team has become defensive and Ernie moving Kanta to CB has signalled vulnerability to oppositions. We got where we are being fearless in attack and not giving a **** about leaking a few goals.

We need to think and play that way again.

Experiments failed Ernie. Lets go back to what was working.

You watched the Jetstream post match video? I said exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Take out Vargas
    Move Kanta into midfield
    Bring in Crazy George
    Move Hoff up field
    Roll the dice with Jackson
    Play Joey instead of McGree.
    Use Pato off the bench.

We will win. Not much to fix.

Team has become defensive and Ernie moving Kanta to CB has signalled vulnerability to oppositions. We got where we are being fearless in attack and not giving a **** about leaking a few goals.

We need to think and play that way again.

Experiments failed Ernie. Lets go back to what was working.
    This.
    Right now we have NTS throwing long balls at their defenders and Kanta passing to their midfielders. We've seen this before. All of our clearances - fkn all of them!!! - go straight to the opposition, this creates a lot of pressure and frustrates the team.
    Vargas is a burden atm: Pato had a positive impact on the game, at least he runs. Sorry for Vargas, but he's not fit and he's still scared: trial games are over, I wouldn't even put him on the bench in the next 2 games. Ernie had to give him a chance and I agree with the experiment, but that's enough thanks.

I don't think we can afford to bring Hoff forward: Vujica is underperforming, we need Geo and Hoff in defence.

The whole tram looked very slow, we were outran in all the areas: we looked like a preseason game - the only explanation could be a heavy load at training in preparation for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    This.
    Right now we have NTS throwing long balls at their defenders and Kanta passing to their midfielders. We've seen this before. All of our clearances - fkn all of them!!! - go straight to the opposition, this creates a lot of pressure and frustrates the team.
    Vargas is a burden atm: Pato had a positive impact on the game, at least he runs. Sorry for Vargas, but he's not fit and he's still scared: trial games are over, I wouldn't even put him on the bench in the next 2 games. Ernie had to give him a chance and I agree with the experiment, but that's enough thanks.

I don't think we can afford to bring Hoff forward: Vujica is underperforming, we need Geo and Hoff in defence.

The whole tram looked very slow, we were outran in all the areas: we looked like a preseason game - the only explanation could be a heavy load at training in preparation for the finals.
    This.

I, as much as anyone, wanted to see Vargas back at his pre-injury best but the guy is flat out scared. We played much better when pato came on.

I thought the brown sub was a positive one until he went off again with the same injury. Amateur hour there.

I wanted kanta in the cb position and I still think he has a role there until boogs comes back.

If we can’t fire up in front of what is expected to be a large away crowd next week then we don’t deserve to be playing this finals football.

McGree has talent but lacks a lot of ticker. Already has his head in Europe and think he doesn’t have to work still. Works better centrally and is definitely not giving us much out wide like he should be.

Team for next week..

Duncan/moss
    Hoff jackson topor George
    Kanta sugar
    Joey Dimi pato
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Team for next week..

Duncan/moss
    Hoff jackson topor George
    Kanta sugar
    Joey Dimi pato
    Roy
    This is exactly the team I suggested before the City game.

Last game Kanta played mids we lost but he scored twice. The Kanta/Ugar/Dimi trio has been the basis of our success. Moving Kanta to defence has completely unbalanced the side. If he stays there we will lose next week too.

Just give Jackson the less testing warm up v Scum. He was almost MOM against Sydney new year ffs so he is capable.

Only variation I would consider would be to push Hoff up forward right and keep Ivan in.

As much praise as the CB pairing of Boogs and NTS get, I think a lot of credit goes to Ugar and Kanta for their holding duties. Their consistency and quality of their game this season has helped our defence a lot.
    Imo, playing with NTS, Ugar and Kanta in their usual positions means there is only 1 vulnerability (new element). Dropping Kanta back opens up a DM issue and a CB issue.

I agree with the above lineup. Don’t care who plays CB with NTS, just get some in form players on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Only variation I would consider would be to push Hoff up forward right and keep Ivan in.
    Probably a better call, and bring Joey on for the final 20-30

Its simple, team that beat sydney
    Roy in for Nabs
    Jackson in for Boogs

Jackson may not be great but he isnt that bad and if the rest of the team plays with the intent they have in the past he would be fine.

I thought Pato was good off the bench last night.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

We all agree....bring back Jacko!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Its simple, team that beat sydney.
    In this case, you also get an additional player

We played far too narrow last night. I was a massive fan of Ivan earlier in the year, but he was terrible. Never hit the touch line and Chianese was burning him, both inside and out. McGree looked lost/scared until he moved centrally. Pato and Joey gave us some width and thrust, but all too late. I agree with benching Ronald and playing Dimi at 10, bloke needs to be on the ball as much as possible