Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 AFC Asian Cup - UAE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2019 AFC Asian Cup - UAE

with the chicks Asian Cup on at the moment I figured it was time to start this thread

the draw will be on Saturday 5 May at 1:30 our time

games to be played between 5 January and 1 February

last time we went into an Asian Cup with Graham Arnold in charge he embarrassed our nation so much he should have been charged with treason and shot in front of his family - I can't imagine things being better this time around given we have a much weaker squad

weaker squad, he has simon to call upon........and brosque and carney.........

Its a sad day when I have to go for Japan so I dont have to put up with those pathetic male/female comparisons.

As for the men theyll be shite cause Arnold oozes aids. Hope they prove me wrong.

Banned
    Syria
    Palestine
    Jordan

In our group

Cant see us getting out of the group stage

Won't be easy, Arnold will be gone in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Won't be easy, Arnold will be gone in a flash.
    If he gets knocked out, he can just ask for the competition to be restructured so we get another crack at it.

Arnie's biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to know how to lift teams to get up for one-off sudden death games. He gets a team to a high level over a long period of time and manages to keep them there. When they need to find another gear he's got no idea.

I'd also argue Sydney's success over the last two years was built on recruitment and some impressive/lucky strength & conditioning work that meant their injuries were well and truly limited. He won't have the referees on his side either.

/sydneyrant

Just listen to this bullshit.
    Dear God.
    How soon can we get rid of this ****wit?

New Socceroos coach Graham Arnold believes the national team's goal-scoring woes can be solved between the ears.

Speaking for the first time since succeeding Bert van Marwijk in the top job, Arnold paid tribute to Australia for giving a "good account" of themselves at the World Cup in Russia, but also said he expected better things to come now that he is in charge.

The Socceroos failed to score from open play in their three matches against France, Denmark and Peru, with their only two goals coming from Mile Jedinak penalties.

"A lot of it these days is about the mind and what the mind tells you, and the mental aspect of the game," Arnold told Macquarie Sports Radio.

"I think that's the big improvement that you've seen in England.

"A lot of the top sides now use sports psychologists for the players. There's a lot of negativity in social media around players and what they read. It can affect people.

"I just think that there's a lot of talk that we don't score goals ... I think we've got the players there, but then it's about the belief and backing yourself and giving yourself the opportunity to make a big impact."

Arnold name-checked Aaron Mooy, Daniel Arzani, Mathew Leckie and Tom Rogic as four players who can help ease the goal-scoring burden of the Socceroos, with the country's all-time leading goal-scorer Tim Cahill expected to retire after his fourth World Cup appearance.

But the former Sydney FC coach will look closer at his striking options for January's Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

Andrew Nabbout (shoulder) may not be fit for the tournament, where Australia will defend the title they won on home soil in 2015, while Tomi Juric was largely ineffective in Russia.

Arnold said the Socceroos would play a "possession-based game" under him, saying the team did too much needless running at the World Cup.

"The first game against France, we had seven or eight players running over 13 kilometres in the game compared to some of the French, who only ran eight or nine," he said.

"Maintaining possession and making the opposition work -- obviously the ball never gets tired -- is something that is shown especially with the bigger teams, the higher teams, it's a great tactic for them."

Arnold is expected to confirm the makeup of his Socceroos coaching panel and backroom staff this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    FFA have led us into a terrible apot with their running of the game in this country

The next 4 years are going to be tough as we pay for our failures as Asia has improved in the meantime

Tough the cunce are providing the lulz by employing this fool

Whoever was taking over the Socceroos was gonna have a tough gig

But they have given it to this arrogant sook

Give it 6 monthgs and I reckon we will all be cheerinbg on losses just to hasten up his departure

Jedinak announced international retirement.

Mooy out of the Asian Cup.
    The good Member celebrates.........right up until he realises Terry Antonis will prob be his replacement.

Maintain the rage son.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Mooy out of the Asian Cup.
    The good Member celebrates.........right up until he realises Terry Antonis will prob be his replacement.

Maintain the rage son.
    Great thing for us

We might get someone who can actually

Deliver a set piece
    Track Back

Only down side is Gypo Arnie will make sure it is another ****ing Gypo

Cahill to come out of retirement to play a farewell Asian cup.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this will be worse than the last time Arnold took us to an Asian Cup

hopefully they sack him after this upcoming fiasco and international embarrassment

Socceroos Asian Cup squad: Mustafa AMINI, Aziz BEHICH, Martin BOYLE , Milos DEGENEK, Alex GERSBACH, Rhyan GRANT, Chris IKONOMIDIS, Jackson IRVINE, Matthew JURMAN, Robbie KRUSE, Mitchell LANGERAK, Mathew LECKIE, Massimo LUONGO, Awer MABIL, Jamie MACLAREN, Mark MILLIGAN, Aaron MOOY, Andrew NABBOUT, Josh RISDON, Tom ROGIC, Mathew RYAN, Trent SAINSBURY, Daniel VUKOVIC

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Socceroos Asian Cup squad: Mustafa AMINI (Gypo scum trash), Aziz BEHICH, Martin BOYLE (FIFO visa) , Milos DEGENEK, Alex GERSBACH (trash), Rhyan GRANT (NPL level trash), Chris IKONOMIDIS, Jackson IRVINE (nice hair trash), Matthew JURMAN (NPL reject level trash), Robbie KRUSE (All time Aussie XI trash all star), Mitchell LANGERAK (tall trash), Mathew LECKIE (cant even get to peak Leckie level trashness anymore), Massimo LUONGO, Awer MABIL (Gypo Arnie def got him confused with Deng), Jamie MACLAREN, Mark MILLIGAN (wanker trash), Aaron MOOY (injured trash), Andrew NABBOUT (NEWY BOY LEGEND), Josh RISDON (houso trash), Tom ROGIC (gypo made of chalk trash), Mathew RYAN (Gypo scum trash), Trent SAINSBURY (son in law trash), Daniel VUKOVIC (gypo ref touching trash)
    I mean, if i had a daughter and some bloke was nailing her, as a Dad you just gotta continually put your hands on the bloke, not shower him with accolades and national team caps.
    Gypo Arnie is the weakest form of trash coach we've had since the last time the Gypo trash coach was in charge.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Juric out of squad, Kruse still in FFS.

Or Troisi thank christ

Is Matt Simon injured ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Is Matt Simon injured ?
    On standby for mooy

After being overlooked again, Troisi let his displeasure known.

"In my opinion I believe I should be there," he said.

"Not just myself. There's a couple of boys in this team. It doesn't look like the squad is picked on merit and picked on performance.

"Everyone has their agendas and their favourites and their ideas.

"I think I've done quite a bit for Australian football and I've got some close friends still involved so I wish them all the best.

"That's football. We move on."

Adding to Troisi's disappointment is that he wasn't informed personally by Arnold, who called around 30 players on Wednesday.

"Since the World Cup I haven't been contacted ... it's disappointing on how things have been handled," he said.

"A phone call would have been nice."
    How little respect must you have as a coach of a national team that blokes like James ****ing Troisi can come out swinging at you like this and be 100% correct.
    Im not going to cheer 'against' Australia, but geez its gonna be lit once they get knocked out.
    Am really looking forward to it.

Also, Rhyan Grant made the team bahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.
    Seems like I am WRONG