Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Semi Final 1 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Fri 27th Apr 2018 750pm

I will never see a better goal live.

COME ON VICTORY!

i admit, at half time i doubted very much that we would get a goal.

Just wanted to say... thank you, Osama Malik
    And McGree... WTF was that!!!!

Oh Mcgree youve done it again

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I will never see a better goal live.
    Was ok I spose

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Speed and Harper can **** right off. Comparing Arzani to Ronaldinho you twats. Didnt realise there was anyone else on the field with their constant sucking of his knob.
    hold up hold up.

were they making out that Arzani was good tonight?

wow. ok then.

now before i start up my usual and long standing position that Arzani is actually trash and the same as James Virgilli, can you stat nerdy nerdz do me a favour.

can you nerdz get me some info to support the case that he is good. are there categories that back up this theory?

because in the first half im not sure he found anyone with his passes off the dribble. which actually makes the dribble useless.

2nd half i counted 3 passes that found the man.

if 3 passes (ok lets say im being a prick and give him double the number). is 6 'effective' passes in 90 mins worthy of such praise?

again, yep he can dribble. but did you see Vidosic dribble tonight and set up that goal? Did you see Vargas dribble and find feet (despite his higher degree of difficulty being in the middle of the park). Did you see Dimi putting crosses on blokes heads, or hitting the post, or forcing a save?

Arzani is trash. and overrated. again, if this is the type of player the 'experts' want to see go to Russia then Griff help us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

That was utterly ridiculous. Best game of football in a long, long time.

Loved George running 40m to give it to Arzani after he dove again in the first half
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Also, Boogaard was at fault for the first goal. he had the jump on Vidosic and slowed up before realising he was onside then had to leg it again. he was right in line with me and he def pulled up. by then he was a step behind and gave Vidosic the room to put in a good cross.

however.

apart from that (and yes im more than happy to give a bloke one mistake per game), i thought he was immense.
    For all the diving crap that goes on, Fornorolli is a beast. bloke is so physical and was giving both our big blokes the business all night. every ball was a fight and Bruno fought like hell for all of it. but Boogaard and then Topor handled him as well as anyone has. it was a huge part of the win. and both of them should get a lot of praise.

hope he pulls up ok because he deserves to lead these blokes out next week.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

now, can someone who watched the game at home (actually it sounds like poor Couscous was the only bloke not at the game) answer this.

what happened with the VAR decision?

because it was a pen.
    its the softest foul in the world, but if it goes upstairs its a pen.
    why was it not called?
    because although it 'shouldnt' be a pen, in the world of VAR it 'has' to be a pen.

i didnt understand that one at all.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I know nothing about local Newy politics. What's Mayor Nelmes like? Does she like football? Should I trust her?
    no you shouldnt.

shes the worst example of all of it.

stay away from anything she gets involved in.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    now, can someone who watched the game at home (actually it sounds like poor Couscous was the only bloke not at the game) answer this.

what happened with the VAR decision?

because it was a pen.
    its the softest foul in the world, but if it goes upstairs its a pen.
    why was it not called?
    because although it 'shouldnt' be a pen, in the world of VAR it 'has' to be a pen.

i didnt understand that one at all.
    Only thing I can think is that it wasn’t an obvious error. Evans saw it and didn’t think it was a foul, and it wasn’t obviously a bad decision?

Think we escaped with that one tbh.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Only thing I can think is that it wasn’t an obvious error. Evans saw it and didn’t think it was a foul, and it wasn’t obviously a bad decision?

Think we escaped with that one tbh.
    I also think we were lucky there.

Thought Vargas may have been lucky with the elbow early on.

Surprised nobody was sent off in that game
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Maybe that diving POS Arzani had his reputation catch up with him on that one. It actually looks as if Arzani takes a extra step before hitting the deck

And as per usual it took all of 5 mins for Speedie to bring up the VAR, Sooner Fux piss him off the better. Bloke is a monumental flog
    Last edited by 380; 27-04-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Here I was thinking City would control more of the game, give Duncan a lot of work, and we’d have to dig in and score on the counter. But they had absolutely nothing- even their goal shouldn’t have counted because it was so ordinary. They had 2 shots on target all game. I’m guessing one was the goal, the other was the one that rolled straight to Moss from outside the box. We shut them down brilliantly and the boys definitely don’t look like the side who had a slump a month ago!

Where were the 2-3000 ticket buyers who pussed out because of a bit of dampness?
    Weak as....

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Maybe that diving POS Arzani had his reputation catch up with him on that one. It actually looks as if Arzani takes a extra step before hitting the deck
    yeah i actually agree with this, but the VAR isnt there to be discretionary is it?
    if theres contact, its a foul.
    yet they didnt give it.

the Vargas elbow was perfect as it was too early to cop any real sanction. 80th minute and yeah that one cops a card of some colour.

ref cocked it up though by giving Ugabooga that card. after that there were a million fouls the same and he wouldnt get it out. made himself look silly.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Melbourne City goal was lucky and they never looked like winning the match. I thought we were dominant all night and as the regular season demonstrated to beat the Jets you have to score at least two goals.
    We deserve to be in the grand final and will be very hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    hold up hold up.

were they making out that Arzani was good tonight?

wow. ok then.

now before i start up my usual and long standing position that Arzani is actually trash and the same as James Virgilli, can you stat nerdy nerdz do me a favour.

can you nerdz get me some info to support the case that he is good. are there categories that back up this theory?

because in the first half im not sure he found anyone with his passes off the dribble. which actually makes the dribble useless.

2nd half i counted 3 passes that found the man.

if 3 passes (ok lets say im being a prick and give him double the number). is 6 'effective' passes in 90 mins worthy of such praise?

again, yep he can dribble. but did you see Vidosic dribble tonight and set up that goal? Did you see Vargas dribble and find feet (despite his higher degree of difficulty being in the middle of the park). Did you see Dimi putting crosses on blokes heads, or hitting the post, or forcing a save?

Arzani is trash. and overrated. again, if this is the type of player the 'experts' want to see go to Russia then Griff help us all.
    Watching the replay on Fox now, apparently Arzani has the most ‘evades’ in the league... making him the ‘most evasive player in the a-league’.....

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Watching the replay on Fox now, apparently Arzani has the most ‘evades’ in the league... making him the ‘most evasive player in the a-league’.....
    He avoids finding the back of the net as well.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    yeah i heard this too and have no idea if it means anything.

again, he sits wide and usually gets 1 v 1 opportunities. in space, a good dribbler will beat the first man. Ive no doubt if you swap Arzani and Pato the 'evades' would be similar but the end result would be much more effective.

having said that.

if they are looking to pick Arzani for Russia they'll find him in Johnny K's pocket
    Seems like I am WRONG

Andrew Hoole has the the third most "evades"....showing what a useless stat it is.
    Running round in circles and doing a few nutmegs means nothing with no end product.