Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Semi Final 1 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Fri 27th Apr 2018 750pm

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    who's the Ref? Does he know they go down quicker then a 2bob hore
    Please not Chris Beath!!!

Back to the corresponding game in 2008...

PDVD_004.jpg

How good did gold look in a packed house at night?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Thank you... worked for me!
    what about the Football family code?
    My FFA n. doesn't work!!!

still easy as to grab tickets, and unlike during the members presale you can now select seats rather than whatever the website allocates you as "best available"
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I got tix, come sit next to me everybody.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I got tix, come sit next to me everybody.
    Get out of my seats Plague

NBN reporting 17000 sold so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Get out of my seats Plague

NBN reporting 17000 sold so far.
    ill be in the plastic section with my mate Member.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I just bought tickets for Bay 2 with all the other plastic fans.

forecast for Friday: Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. Winds southerly 25 to 40 km/h. 1-3mm expected.

after living in Canberra for 10 years, that's enough rain in a single day to make me nervous about flooding!

Any ticket count update?

"Jets chief Lawrie McKinna said 18,500 tickets had been sold for Friday’s blockbuster and he urged fans to avoid match-day queues by buying their seats early.''

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5...-times/?cs=306

by the way, in that same article, griff claims he was the dickhead in the team in 2008. what a guy.

We had a lengthy debate on the podcast around the lineup for this match and not everyone agreed.

Who would you be starting? Would you bring Boogs back into the team? Does Vargas return? How would you use Pato?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I feel like Boogs will start. Either he's right or he's not - and he will say he's right. Not much point having him on the bench if he's 50-50 anyway - rather him start and if he runs out of gas or whatever, he can be pulled off.
    I would leave Vargas on the bench, but wouldn't be surprised if he did start. Dimi has performed best this season when he's had all the responsibility on his shoulders. Give it to him again in the biggest match for our club for a while now.
    Pato I'm undecided. He has looked really good the last few weeks coming off the bench, and wouldn't have a problem with him coming on for 30 minutes at the end. However, he is undoubtedly a matchwinner on his day, and his recent performances may merit a start. Whether we get the same from him for a whole game is the risk. I think he probably deserves a start but is it worth changing the front third around that much after how they went last match?

Vujica shouldn't play a part in this match. Too much of a mismatch against Arzani. Our right winger will have a job to do tracking their left back who has been a big outlet for them when I've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I feel like Boogs will start. Either he's right or he's not - and he will say he's right. Not much point having him on the bench if he's 50-50 anyway - rather him start and if he runs out of gas or whatever, he can be pulled off.
    I would leave Vargas on the bench, but wouldn't be surprised if he did start. Dimi has performed best this season when he's had all the responsibility on his shoulders. Give it to him again in the biggest match for our club for a while now.
    Pato I'm undecided. He has looked really good the last few weeks coming off the bench, and wouldn't have a problem with him coming on for 30 minutes at the end. However, he is undoubtedly a matchwinner on his day, and his recent performances may merit a start. Whether we get the same from him for a whole game is the risk. I think he probably deserves a start but is it worth changing the front third around that much after how they went last match?

Vujica shouldn't play a part in this match. Too much of a mismatch against Arzani. Our right winger will have a job to do tracking their left back who has been a big outlet for them when I've watched.
    Poor old Ivan. Arzani would pobably beat him through the turnstile if he was given the chance. Speaking of the Arzani, I think they'll switch his side to go up against Johnny K to avoid Georgievski. And yes, Hoff has a massive job to do on Jamieson!

Personally, I think it will be won or lost in the midfield. If we can shut down Brattan and manage to beat their first press, we will go a long way to winning the game.

I expect they will have more of the ball, but that's not always beena bad thing for us this year
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Poor old Ivan. Arzani would pobably beat him through the turnstile if he was given the chance. Speaking of the Arzani, I think they'll switch his side to go up against Johnny K to avoid Georgievski. And yes, Hoff has a massive job to do on Jamieson!

Personally, I think it will be won or lost in the midfield. If we can shut down Brattan and manage to beat their first press, we will go a long way to winning the game.

I expect they will have more of the ball, but that's not always beena bad thing for us this year
    Their midfield was impressive last week. I think our defence and organisation needs to be solid and look to break through and/or past their midfield quickly when given the chance. I don't think we will create much (unless Pato and/or Vargas are on and involved) through slow buildup against this team.

Who needs a midfield?

Us v Sydney down there, Liverpool yesterday.

Press, move fast with a diagonal ball and break quickly. We won't win on football skills and passes completed and that has been the story of our season.

When us, Scum and Adelaide got in their faces the Smurfs looked pedestrian.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 26-04-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Any ticket count update?
    Just had a look at the ticketmaster website and when you choose the option to view seats (don't have to select anything) it shows you a map with available seats. Eastern stand doesn't have much left in it other than half a bay of away support (but upper bay hasn't opened it seems) and the western stand is close to fully sold as well. The corners still have a fair bit of availability.

Easter stand lower.jpg

western stand.jpg

Referee is Shaun Evans.

Jared Gillett is 4th official, Beath is VAR.

SYD v VIC have Kurt Ams. 4th is Kris Griffith Jones and VAR is Craig Zetter.

I feel like all the "top" resources have been thrown at our game

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool;20***2
    Referee is Shaun Evans.

Jared Gillett is 4th official, Beath is VAR.

SYD v VIC have Kurt Ams. 4th is Kris Griffith Jones and VAR is Craig Zetter.

I feel like all the "top" resources have been thrown at our game
    Almost like they cant have us making the final and ruining Sydneys fairytale
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight