Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

Franjic also made a point of being very physical in their matchup in the elimination final (or whatever it called) a few weeks ago. I think most of the tackles were clean, but particularly in the first hour of the game, just about every time Arzani came down the wing, Franjic was sliding in hard and fast. I don't necessarily have a problem with blokes taking that approach - but it needs to be a risk, the downside being if you get it wrong you get carded.

The other thing I think refs need to work on policing is cynical fouls - I see so often in games, random fouls in the last half hour of a game will receive a yellow when really there was nothing in it. On the other hand, blatant shirt pulling and deliberate professional fouls in the first half go uncarded. Players will do what you allow them to get away with. You're not "ruining the game" by enforcing the rules, you're setting the standard.

They do police cynical fouls , Just not against Shitney. Victory or City. It is one of those great inconsistencies we have witnessed all season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You are completely wrong here Member. Muscat's lads played exactly the way Ernie and everyone else of sound mind would have expected them to.
    Outwitted suggests Muscat did something both unexpected and spectacular - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    The only thing Ernie got wrong was he had too much faith in the referees and officials to stop the niggling / gamesmanship tactics of Victory.
    If it was an ACL game there is absolutely no way 17 fouls would have been committed by Victory without a yellow being produced, nor would Berisha have stayed on the ground after that blatant elbow to Roy.
    So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.

Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.
    Shirt pulls (several), ankle trips (several) from behind, Lunging knee height on Ronnie.

Just to name a couple that are clear yellow cards any day of the week, zero given.

We knew it was coming and copped it. Losers

Linesmen wasnt in line with our backline for the freekick so was struggling to get in line once it was taken
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Linesmen wasnt in line with our backline for the freekick so was struggling to get in line once it was taken
    Interesting angle of the goal just came out via NCL Facey..

https://www.facebook.com/NCLboys/vid...161520073/?t=0

To the naked eye looks bloody offside to me.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 09-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Interesting angle of the goal just came out via NCL Facey..

https://www.facebook.com/NCLboys/vid...161520073/?t=0

To the naked eye looks bloody offside to me.
    Eyes painted on really

To be fair though the bloke is just as incompoetrent as any other official in the country really

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.

Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

I'm definitely sick of talking about this game for a while. But just to reiterate my points against your claim.

Muscats negative tactics were a smart move however if they hadn't received their gift from the VAR all those tactics would have achieved was extra time. Hence my argument that Muscat didn't "outsmart" Ernie. He did what any coach would do when coming up against a better team but his tactics weren't anything special.

I also don't think that Victory were that much worse than us when it came down to bad fouls or even the number of fouls. We didn't want to play that sort of game but the referee set the tone and we were dumb enough to play that way. (however i'm not sure we really had an alternative.)
    I just wish he'd brought the cards out much much earlier in order to save the game from being a dire and stunted as it ended up. We all wanted to see a balls to the wall attacking GF but the Tards and the Ref put good to that after about 20 mins.

Muscat is a mediocre coach and won't go farther than the HAL before becoming a terribly biased pundit. He's also a smug p*^&k like Arnie so I will never have a positive word to say about either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

It was a good thread while it lasted. We made the GF, didn't win. End game, close thread

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    It was a good thread while it lasted. We made the GF, didn't win. End game, close thread
    And never mention it again

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    And never mention it again
    Mention what?

Let this thread die.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Let this thread die.
    *Bump*

What thread?