Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 381 to 395 of 395

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

  1. #381
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    730
    Franjic also made a point of being very physical in their matchup in the elimination final (or whatever it called) a few weeks ago. I think most of the tackles were clean, but particularly in the first hour of the game, just about every time Arzani came down the wing, Franjic was sliding in hard and fast. I don't necessarily have a problem with blokes taking that approach - but it needs to be a risk, the downside being if you get it wrong you get carded.

    The other thing I think refs need to work on policing is cynical fouls - I see so often in games, random fouls in the last half hour of a game will receive a yellow when really there was nothing in it. On the other hand, blatant shirt pulling and deliberate professional fouls in the first half go uncarded. Players will do what you allow them to get away with. You're not "ruining the game" by enforcing the rules, you're setting the standard.

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,809
    They do police cynical fouls , Just not against Shitney. Victory or City. It is one of those great inconsistencies we have witnessed all season.

  3. #383
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,648
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You are completely wrong here Member. Muscat's lads played exactly the way Ernie and everyone else of sound mind would have expected them to.
    Outwitted suggests Muscat did something both unexpected and spectacular - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    The only thing Ernie got wrong was he had too much faith in the referees and officials to stop the niggling / gamesmanship tactics of Victory.
    If it was an ACL game there is absolutely no way 17 fouls would have been committed by Victory without a yellow being produced, nor would Berisha have stayed on the ground after that blatant elbow to Roy.
    So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

    How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

    Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.


    Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

    The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

    As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.
    Shirt pulls (several), ankle trips (several) from behind, Lunging knee height on Ronnie.

    Just to name a couple that are clear yellow cards any day of the week, zero given.

  5. #385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    We knew it was coming and copped it. Losers

  6. #386
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,008
    Linesmen wasnt in line with our backline for the freekick so was struggling to get in line once it was taken
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  7. #387
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,779
    Linesmen wasnt in line with our backline for the freekick so was struggling to get in line once it was taken
    Interesting angle of the goal just came out via NCL Facey..

    https://www.facebook.com/NCLboys/vid...161520073/?t=0

    To the naked eye looks bloody offside to me.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 09-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.

  8. #388
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Interesting angle of the goal just came out via NCL Facey..

    https://www.facebook.com/NCLboys/vid...161520073/?t=0

    To the naked eye looks bloody offside to me.
    Eyes painted on really

    To be fair though the bloke is just as incompoetrent as any other official in the country really
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  9. #389
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

    How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

    Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.


    Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

    The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

    As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.


    I'm definitely sick of talking about this game for a while. But just to reiterate my points against your claim.

    Muscats negative tactics were a smart move however if they hadn't received their gift from the VAR all those tactics would have achieved was extra time. Hence my argument that Muscat didn't "outsmart" Ernie. He did what any coach would do when coming up against a better team but his tactics weren't anything special.

    I also don't think that Victory were that much worse than us when it came down to bad fouls or even the number of fouls. We didn't want to play that sort of game but the referee set the tone and we were dumb enough to play that way. (however i'm not sure we really had an alternative.)
    I just wish he'd brought the cards out much much earlier in order to save the game from being a dire and stunted as it ended up. We all wanted to see a balls to the wall attacking GF but the Tards and the Ref put good to that after about 20 mins.

    Muscat is a mediocre coach and won't go farther than the HAL before becoming a terribly biased pundit. He's also a smug p*^&k like Arnie so I will never have a positive word to say about either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #390
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    139
    It was a good thread while it lasted. We made the GF, didn't win. End game, close thread

  11. #391
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    It was a good thread while it lasted. We made the GF, didn't win. End game, close thread
    And never mention it again

  12. #392
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,651
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    And never mention it again
    Mention what?

  13. #393
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,174
    Let this thread die.

  14. #394
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Let this thread die.
    *Bump*

  15. #395
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,651
    What thread?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •