Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Members forked out their hard earned at the start of the season when we were wooden spoon holders with a glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe this year will be different. That's the difference they didn't start investing in the club cause they won a few games to start the year. That's the privilege they paid for when we were still 10th and this year they as they say in the classic 'the members this year have been kissed on the d**k by how it's panned out'
    yeah im with this comment. Theres a LOT of people who have shelled out for years of garbage, for them to get a rub of the green for once is fine by me.
    i was one of the ones who gave up 2 years ago after being a member since day 1.
    i got great seats and an awesome day with my friends in '08, if members get to have that feeling again (or for the first time) im happy for them.

this is a great day time for newy, gotta stop hating.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

How many of those members are children NOT purchasing 3.2 tickets ?.So this multiplying the total membership number by 3.2 or whatever it was is rediculous.

From an article i read there was just over 6300 transactions meaning just over 20,000 sold to members. So if you were a member with access to a computer or other platform to purchase tickets you would have got one. After that it was always going to be a lottery and a dose of good fortune for the general public.

There is a lesson in all this, become a member and if history is anything to go by after Saturday night you too can sit through another nine years of utter crap and frustration coming home to the IQ and deleting the game before you even get a chance to watch it because it is so painful.
    Last edited by 380; 01-05-2018 at 08:20 PM.

The important point is that not all member numbers bought tix. I used my number to buy the tickets for 8 other members, who usually sit together anyway. So 1 member bought 8 tix, but 7 other members bought none.

Blame the FFA for abandoning the "same seat" policy that worked so well last week. Simple and fair. The sole reason for that though was to get access to those prime centreline tix for their cronies and friends. I think these are the tix Lawrie is asking about.

So basically...take off the 2-3000 tix sold to MV members and thats less than 2 tickets per Jets member.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 01-05-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Missing our very own members's take on this. Surely he not still in the dog house.
    I think mic22 is the Member!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think mic22 is the Member!
    I thought he was the Plague?

I do hope the member is enjoying the week. He was always an angry man, so i hope he can take some solace in the fact that we made it

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Members forked out their hard earned at the start of the season when we were wooden spoon holders with a glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe this year will be different. That's the difference they didn't start investing in the club cause they won a few games to start the year. That's the privilege they paid for when we were still 10th and this year they as they say in the classic 'the members this year have been kissed on the d**k by how it's panned out'
    Umm... that's exactly what I said... you earned the privilege. But 10 (or more) tix? Was that part of the membership deal? Not sure about that... and how exactly the 9 extra ticket holders earned their privilege?
    Btw, I'm not a member because, for different reasons, I'm never sure I can attend home games. This year turned out to be different and I was very happy to fork out my hard earned whenever I could. I know this doesn't give me any privileges... so maybe cut me some slack eh?

Anyway... enough of my little old rants, sorry about that.

I'm not a member... and I'm not THE member, and if you had any doubts: I actually appreciate Boogaard

How long is the ban for anyway? Can't he have a reprieve for 24 hours from Sat 6am?
    Poll question??

(Disclaimer: I write the above with no knowledge of who he killed to get banned)

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    How long is the ban for anyway? Can't he have a reprieve for 24 hours from Sat 6am?
    Poll question??

(Disclaimer: I write the above with no knowledge of who he killed to get banned)
    If I remember he made some rants using homophobic slurs
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Yes given the enormity of the week it would be nice to hear from the Human Headline that is the MFKS. A reprieve would be a great gesture IMO but like my wife says my opinion counts for squat.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Yes given the enormity of the week it would be nice to hear from the Human Headline that is the MFKS. A reprieve would be a great gesture IMO but like my wife says my opinion counts for squat.
    A reprieve from 5pm today till Sunday. People make mistakes and if he returns for the week and steps out of line. Then he can never return. I think that's fair. Plus I'd love to see a post from him that just says 'I'm back' the forum would go bonkers. Bring him back in the fold

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If I remember he made some rants using homophobic slurs
    The one that got him banned was pretty pissweak tbh and no more offensive than several others in the very same thread. Just words and his history caught up with him.

But banned he got, though I thought he'd be back by now.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 02-05-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The one that got him banned was pretty pissweak tbh and no more offensive than several others in the very same thread. Just words and his history caught up with him.

But banned he got, though I thought he'd be back by now.
    True..
    I believe he is treating himself in Malaysia atm..

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Umm... that's exactly what I said... you earned the privilege. But 10 (or more) tix? Was that part of the membership deal?
    Obviously, yes it was!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I'd like to see how many members that missed out on tix would have gone if the GF was elsewhere.. From my understanding it was still relatively easy to purchase via membership 2 hrs into the presale. It isn't a member only event. Members had the privilege to purchase first and could do so comfortably within the opening hours. I think many underestimated that this is the GF not just another game in Newy. Set your alarm for 10am and get it sorted. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'd like to see how many members that missed out on tix would have gone if the GF was elsewhere.. From my understanding it was still relatively easy to purchase via membership 2 hrs into the presale. It isn't a member only event. Members had the privilege to purchase first and could do so comfortably within the opening hours. I think many underestimated that this is the GF not just another game in Newy. Set your alarm for 10am and get it sorted. Done.
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

wow! imagine having problems getting tickets to a football match...

It happens once a decade here.
    I remember going into a lottery each WEEK in the UK just to try and win a ticket to a local weekly PM league match (because i wasn't a member).

I said it in a thread on FB and I'll say it here...

The idea that someone would stamp their feet and not renew a club membership because of a decision (a bad one) that the FFA made is idiotic.

Curious to know past attendance to GFs held in the capital city stadiums and how they compare to a sold out 33000+ "small" stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    The exact thoughts i expressed the other day. I had no trouble securing my 2 tickets at 10am on Sunday.
    I am a member who desperately wanted to be at this match so left no chance of missing out.

Out of curiosity i logged back in at around 11.30 and was easily and quickly able to secure 2 more tickets, i obviously did this and they are now on ticketmaster resale for $12,000*

* this is a joke people, i discarded them!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Also, the fact that people (from Newcastle!) are saying it should have been held in Sydney is a joke. Its a shame that people who wanted to go can't - but as mentioned above, that is the norm around the world in many leagues week in week out. I can sympathise with the true supporters that have missed out - but there is a LOT of people who probably haven't been to a game in years if ever, who are outraged that they couldn't attend. I have no sympathy for them, and their entitlement that they deserve to attend any more than the people who were able to secure tickets is laughable.

Lawrie has stated the FFA are organising to give the Jets small extra allocations so they can give some more tickets to members who weren't able to get tickets - fantastic work.
    He also stated they are working with NCC and LMCC to arrange live viewing sites around the city.

Lets hope the vast majority get on board come match day and lets show the country why we deserve to host the final we earned.