Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

yeah only away members tix available now.
    interesting to see how things go at 1pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Just been through all the options - no tickets available.
    Should be a stadium record...which is currently what?
    The stadium quotes the "saleable number" as 30,000. I have this feeling the crowd will come in at 29,000 on the day, there will be empty blocks visible and we'll all think "wtf".

Idk the capacity is 33k. I guess saleable 30k then maybe another 3k to ffa corporate numptys

Football Family allocation officially exhausted.

1pm public sales confirmed - good luck guys!

Tickets available on ticketmaster-resale: 400$ each - who would have thought...

Yeah look there is no perfect 'system'.
    If you only let members buy 1 ticket each instead of looking after friends and family you run the risk of a bunch of scalpers/outsiders getting those anyway.

At least these will go to 'football folk'.
    It's also the consequence of 'home' grand finals. Demand is always gonna outstrip supply for us, but do you really wanna go to Olympic stadium in order to give everyone a chance at a ticket?

It is what it is*.

* mind, I'm not going so lack of tix doesn't bother me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah look there is no perfect 'system'.
    If you only let members buy 1 ticket each instead of looking after friends and family you run the risk of a bunch of scalpers/outsiders getting those anyway.

At least these will go to 'football folk'.
    I know first hand of people who has never been to a Jets game before - and they didn't even know what competition it is - but they knew a member and they soooooo want to be at the grand final with all the family (including little kids that will probably fall asleep before half time).
    10 tix per transaction ruined it all.

I don't know why people bring little kids to the game. One family i witnessed left the semi final after 30minutes because "the kids are tired" wtf is that

If it was 1 ticket per member then the same thing would have happened on a larger scale when 20k tickets go on sale open slather at once. Scalpers would be making a killing. I'd personally rather the members get the say in who gets tickets via this method than pot luck (and not be able to sit with friends/family as well).

I understand frustration for those who are big fans and haven't been able to get tickets. But members (and its not exactly an exclusive club, they are absolutely dirt cheap and great value) at the end of the day should get the benefit.
    I wonder how many if any members have not been able to get tickets? I hope the club may be able to do something for people in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If it was 1 ticket per member then the same thing would have happened on a larger scale when 20k tickets go on sale open slather at once. Scalpers would be making a killing. I'd personally rather the members get the say in who gets tickets via this method than pot luck (and not be able to sit with friends/family as well).

I understand frustration for those who are big fans and haven't been able to get tickets. But members (and its not exactly an exclusive club, they are absolutely dirt cheap and great value) at the end of the day should get the benefit.
    I wonder how many if any members have not been able to get tickets? I hope the club may be able to do something for people in that case.
    I get your point, but 10 tix per transaction is nonsense. Designed for scalpers.

I hate to play the devils advocate here but any member wanting a ticket i reckon would have got one.For those who are not members it is always going to be a circus for tickets. I purchased my member tix ( 4 tix in total all for family who are also members ) ) from ticket master and it was at 1.15pm Sunday. I agree totally that 10 tix was way over the top and IMO 4-5 would have been adequate.

The point being , Apart from the member card and scarf and cap priority purchases to the final is also another. The point being, Be a member.

Will put on my flame suit now.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    So true...
    I'm about to give up. There will be about 5000 who don't even know what football code will be played, but they didn't want to "miss out on a grand final". Bullshit. Well done to whoever allowed this to happen. And I'm not even a member... can't even imagine how it feels to pay for the privilege and then be left out like this.
    Members shouldve known about the 10am Sunday pre sale and made arrangements
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I hate to play the devils advocate here but any member wanting a ticket i reckon would have got one.For those who are not members it is always going to be a circus for tickets. I purchased my member tix ( 4 tix in total all for family who are also members ) ) from ticket master and it was at 1.15pm Sunday. I agree totally that 10 tix was way over the top and IMO 4-5 would have been adequate.

The point being , Apart from the member card and scarf and cap priority purchases to the final is also another. The point being, Be a member.

Will put on my flame suit now.
    This is far too rational and sensible.
    How dare you bring such common sense to the foz.
    HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

And to be fair 9000 members only bought 11500 seats in presale last week. Not overboard.

I bought 8 tix yesterday for myself and 7 other members.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Members shouldve known about the 10am Sunday pre sale and made arrangements

They did get notification of tix going on sale at 10am Sunday morning. From memory two emails went out, One Friday night with possible scenario's dependent on Sat nights result and Sat night after the result in Sydney. Made mention of 10 am members sale.
    Last edited by 380; 30-04-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Whatever, I'm just dirty cause I can't find a ticket for myself
    Ready for the 1pm war in 3 minutes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Whatever, I'm just dirty cause I can't find a ticket for myself
    Ready for the 1pm war in 3 minutes!!!
    Good luck!

have tickets come up for anyone?

Brilliant... found a ticket in dry area... didn't even make it to the payment page... f*** ticketmaster

has the linked changed