Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    The exact thoughts i expressed the other day. I had no trouble securing my 2 tickets at 10am on Sunday.
    I am a member who desperately wanted to be at this match so left no chance of missing out.

Out of curiosity i logged back in at around 11.30 and was easily and quickly able to secure 2 more tickets, i obviously did this and they are now on ticketmaster resale for $12,000*

* this is a joke people, i discarded them!
    Some people work Sunday, some people have limited phone / internet access, some people may not have credit cards.. and as such would not have been able to get tickets on the Sunday. There are many reasons.

I think anyone not a member doesn't have a leg to stand on - but those that are members who did miss out are victims of a system that is a complete joke.

Note, Lawrie has said they are not happy with members seeking to profit from tickets and has gone as far as to say it's possible their application for future membership could be denied.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-05-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    I said it in a thread on FB and I'll say it here...

The idea that someone would stamp their feet and not renew a club membership because of a decision (a bad one) that the FFA made is idiotic.

Curious to know past attendance to GFs held in the capital city stadiums and how they compare to a sold out 33000+ "small" stadium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_attendance

This has the top 6.
    Couldn't find the lowest attendances, but a few years back they had one at AAMI Park. Would hold 30,000 absolute max I would think.

I’m not a member as I live in Sydney now, and work an unpredictable roster, but when I’m back home in newy I’ll go see a game if it’s on or NPL. I missed out on tickets and was ready to go on Monday’s presale. Had tickets and went to pay and they were gone.

No issue with members getting tickets before me.
    Can somebody explain what the difference is between scalping and Ticketmaster resale?
    Splendour in the grass allow people with tickets to resell their tickets for face value. They get all but their booking fees back.
    I don’t understand why Ticketmaster resale is just as acceptable as eBay or standing out the front selling tickets for profit.

Yehhh I’m a little annoyed that people are seeing their first a league game and asking what colours to wear for a game I’d very much love to be at. I was there in 08, I’m glad I saw that.
    I kind of agree with Lawrie and hope there could be an investigation on people selling large quantities of tickets for huge profits.

Regardless. Should be a great day in Newcastle. Will be great to push our claim for more games, recruit more members for next season and showcase what a great crowd we can be!
    To all those that can go, enjoy! Hopefully you guys can celebrate!

Same,
    purchased the 8 we needed at 10am, then purchased 2 others at 11.30
    No trouble whatsoever
    Happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    No issue with members getting tickets before me.
    Can somebody explain what the difference is between scalping and Ticketmaster resale?
    Splendour in the grass allow people with tickets to resell their tickets for face value. They get all but their booking fees back.
    I don’t understand why Ticketmaster resale is just as acceptable as eBay or standing out the front selling tickets for profit.

Yehhh I’m a little annoyed that people are seeing their first a league game and asking what colours to wear for a game I’d very much love to be at. I was there in 08, I’m glad I saw that.
    I kind of agree with Lawrie and hope there could be an investigation on people selling large quantities of tickets for huge profits.

Regardless. Should be a great day in Newcastle. Will be great to push our claim for more games, recruit more members for next season and showcase what a great crowd we can be!
    To all those that can go, enjoy! Hopefully you guys can celebrate!
    I'm with you...
    Very simply put: ticketb*stard resale should have an automatic limit to 110% of the face value. I'm quite surprised no one is looking into it (hopefully someone is). Looking at the prices, it definitely looks like they get a % on the price, so it's a double fee for them, actually a much higher one for the resale ticket. That's illegal as far as I know.
    I have friends who are going to the game... they are sooo excited about their first Jets game (is that European football, they asked... ).
    They would have NEVER tried to buy a ticket online on Monday, or to get in line outside the stadium...

Anyway, just went to have a look at the open training session: there is a great vibe around the team, schools with their teachers etc.
    Gonna be a great week for Newy, that's for sure!

would people use the same team as last week?

Obviously we have to start Moss over Duncan, who's the youth league keeper?

Last game we also didn't play Pato at all, obviously the game was 2-1 at the 90th or something when we made the sub, but going into this game would people be looking at bringing Pato on as opposed to Cowburn?

Would people also look at using Brown or no? From what I rememeber people said he's healthy, but after his run on and run off 10 minutes later, is it worth risking for this one game?
    Last edited by Mark325; 02-05-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Last game we also didn't play Pato at all, obviously the game was 2-1 at the 90th or something when we made the sub, but going into this game would people be looking at bringing Pato on as opposed to Cowburn?
    If we are chasing a goal then it has to be Pato you would bring on. I was surprised Cowburn got a run last week but he didn't do anything wrong either.

Would people also look at using Brown or no? From what I rememeber people said he's healthy, but after his run on and run off 10 minutes later, is it worth risking for this one game?
    I wouldn't change the team at all. The late subs will obviously depend on the score at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If we are chasing a goal then it has to be Pato you would bring on. I was surprised Cowburn got a run last week but he didn't do anything wrong either.
    the Cowburn sub was very defensive. I'd have brought Pato on because if City scored (as they almost did) then I'd have rathered Pato as a point of difference in extra time and penalties.

The injury to Duncan didn't help and affected our substitution strategy

Oh, and I'd be starting the same team, but obviously Moss for Duncan. I'm interested how we manage George and Barba with Gorgeous George and JK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'd like to see how many members that missed out on tix would have gone if the GF was elsewhere.. From my understanding it was still relatively easy to purchase via membership 2 hrs into the presale. It isn't a member only event. Members had the privilege to purchase first and could do so comfortably within the opening hours. I think many underestimated that this is the GF not just another game in Newy. Set your alarm for 10am and get it sorted. Done.
    Exactly members who missed out need to take some personal responsibility for missing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Oh, and I'd be starting the same team, but obviously Moss for Duncan. I'm interested how we manage George and Barba with Gorgeous George and JK
    Well this is why i ask if we start the same team, because Jackson had Barba's number last time, and was wondering if people felt going down a similar road this game made more sense, or if people feel confident that both johnny k or george could handle him themselves and not have to worry about that.

Also when i say use Brown, i mean as a substitute, definitely not in the starting team
    Last edited by Mark325; 02-05-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I'm with you...
    Very simply put: ticketb*stard resale should have an automatic limit to 110% of the face value. I'm quite surprised no one is looking into it (hopefully someone is). Looking at the prices, it definitely looks like they get a % on the price, so it's a double fee for them, actually a much higher one for the resale ticket. That's illegal as far as I know.
    Just make sure when you sell your house you don't do that thing where you get the most money possible or anything.

Maybe just pop 10% on top of what you paid then give it to someone who really really 'deserves' that house.

Geez you guys, what sort of hippie utopia y'all tryna live in?

Johnny K is the reason why we are here.

Stopped the rot and beat the gypos 8-0 himself.

Must start or Merrick out.

Well this is why i ask if we start the same team, because Jackson had Barba's number last time, and was wondering if people felt going down a similar road this game made more sense, or if people feel confident that both johnny k or george could handle him themselves and not have to worry about that.

Also when i say use Brown, i mean as a substitute, definitely not in the starting team
    Johnny has earned his spot and we played our "bash Barba" card earlier this year with Lachie. He handled Arazni mostly well last week and I think he will be up against George on the right.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

As much as i reckon Jackson done a good job frustrating Barba out of the game Johny K is also more than capable of doing same. He has earned his opportunity and when you think of how well he has stepped up with very little football behind him it is just reward.

I reckon Ernie would have liked to let Pato loose for a period last weekend but the Duncan sub robbed of him being able to make three outfield changes. Pato is not everybody's cup of tea quite clearly based on posts on here but on a tiring defence he could well and truly be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Pato is not everybody's cup of tea quite clearly based on posts on here but on a tiring defence he could well and truly be the difference.
    Our option to bring Pato and Champness off the bench as attacking, and most importantly threatening, options could be a game-changer. Joey has height and strength and could cause Nigro or Broxham trouble as they tire, as you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    As much as i reckon Jackson done a good job frustrating Barba out of the game Johny K is also more than capable of doing same. He has earned his opportunity and when you think of how well he has stepped up with very little football behind him it is just reward.

I reckon Ernie would have liked to let Pato loose for a period last weekend but the Duncan sub robbed of him being able to make three outfield changes. Pato is not everybody's cup of tea quite clearly based on posts on here but on a tiring defence he could well and truly be the difference.
    I do agree on Johnny K, more asking the question as I think it is an interesting one. It's really a shame to me that Johnny K didn't get an extended run during his first little go at right back around round 10, really great young player that hopefully we continue to try and get value out of going into next season.

I do think last game was a bad decision by Merrick to bring on Cowburn, I get the idea but if City scored we'd be in a rough spot as we're now down an attacking player and have Cowburn on the pitch. The whole thing did definitely get screwed up by the Duncan injury, this game I'd imagine Pato gets a run. I also think he's starting to change a little bit, last couple of games I noticed more running out of him, seems more active off the ball.
    Last edited by Mark325; 02-05-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Our option to bring Pato and Champness off the bench as attacking, and most importantly threatening, options could be a game-changer. Joey has height and strength and could cause Nigro or Broxham trouble as they tire, as you mention.
    Champness instantly made a difference, got the assist for Hoff and added an energy into our attack that we did need at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Johnny K is the reason why we are here.

Stopped the rot and beat the gypos 8-0 himself.

Must start or Merrick out.
    What if Kanta is fit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What if Kanta is fit?
    Not a chance. Blokes only got half a hammy ffs.