Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1040

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,623

    2018/19 Squad

    Might as well start a new thread. Updated as per Jeterpool's squad list...

    1 Jack Duncan – signed until 18/19
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 18/19
    4 Nigel Boogaard – signed until 18/19
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 19/20
    6 Steven Ugarkovic – signed until 18/19
    7 Dimitri Petratos – signed until 18/19
    8 Ronald Vargas – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
    9 Roy O'Donovan – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
    10 Wayne Brown – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
    12 Mario Shabow – signed until 18/19
    13 Ivan Vujica – signed until 19/20
    16 Nick Cowburn – signed until 18/19
    17 Daniel Georgievski – signed until 18/19
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 18/19
    20 Glen Moss – signed until 18/19
    22 Lachlan Jackson – signed until 18/19
    23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20 (Foreign)
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 19/20
    28 Patrick Langlois – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
    29 Jake Adelson – signed until 18/19
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
    44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley – signed until 18/19

    20 squad spots used, 3 available.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 17-05-2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Updated squad list

  2. #2
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,074
    Is Kosta Petratos gone?

  3. #3
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is Kosta Petratos gone?
    thought he was listed as re-signed?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  4. #4
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    thought he was listed as re-signed?
    Not on jets website

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    You'd expect they will announce it if it happens.

    I will say it hasn't happened yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    1 Jack Duncan – signed until 18/19
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 18/19
    4 Nigel Boogaard – signed until 18/19
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 19/20
    6 Steven Ugarkovic – signed until 18/19
    7 Dimitri Petratos – signed until 18/19
    8 Ronald Vargas – yet to be re-signed
    9 Roy O'Donovan – signed until 18/19
    10 Wayne Brown – signed until 18/19
    11 Patricio Rodriguez – yet to be re-signed
    12 Mario Shabow – signed until 18/19
    13 Ivan Vujica – signed until 19/20
    16 Nick Cowburn – signed until 18/19
    17 Daniel Georgievski – signed until 18/19
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 18/19
    19 Kosta Petratos – yet to be re-signed
    20 Glen Moss – signed until 18/19
    22 Lachlan Jackson – signed until 18/19
    23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 19/20
    27 Riley McGree – loan ended
    28 Patrick Langlois – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
    29 Jake Adelson – signed until 18/19
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19
    44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley – signed until 18/19

    20 squad spots used, 3 available.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 10-05-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    We have A LOT of players coming off contract next year. Every player except 4. I expect some off-season re-signings (I hope).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,641
    surely Big Ron is the most important signature to get on paper.

    getting a full pre-season into both him and Pato (if they choose to keep him) would be sensational

  9. #9
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We have A LOT of players coming off contract next year. Every player except 4. I expect some off-season re-signings (I hope).
    Not sure if it's that big a concern or not.
    Outside of 2 or 3 blokes on that roster. Everyone is pretty replaceable with equivalent talent around the league.

    It also means that if a few players don't carry over their above average form from this year, we arent locked in to any bad deals.

    Plus after the year we just had, we should be an attractive option for better players 'wanting' to come here because we'll have both cap space and roster spots

    Middleby prob still cock it all up though.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    1 Jack Duncan – signed until 18/19
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 18/19
    4 Nigel Boogaard – signed until 18/19
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 19/20
    6 Steven Ugarkovic – signed until 18/19
    7 Dimitri Petratos – signed until 18/19
    8 Ronald Vargas – yet to be re-signed
    9 Roy O'Donovan – signed until 18/19
    10 Wayne Brown – signed until 18/19
    11 Patricio Rodriguez – yet to be re-signed
    12 Mario Shabow – signed until 18/19
    13 Ivan Vujica – signed until 19/20
    16 Nick Cowburn – signed until 18/19
    17 Daniel Georgievski – signed until 18/19
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 18/19
    19 Kosta Petratos – yet to be re-signed
    20 Glen Moss – signed until 18/19
    22 Lachlan Jackson – signed until 18/19
    23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 19/20
    27 Riley McGree – loan ended
    28 Patrick Langlois – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
    29 Jake Adelson – signed until 18/19
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19
    44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley – signed until 18/19

    20 squad spots used, 3 available.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not sure if it's that big a concern or not.
    Outside of 2 or 3 blokes on that roster. Everyone is pretty replaceable with equivalent talent around the league.

    It also means that if a few players don't carry over their above average form from this year, we arent locked in to any bad deals.

    Plus after the year we just had, we should be an attractive option for better players 'wanting' to come here because we'll have both cap space and roster spots

    Middleby prob still cock it all up though.
    Yeah agree wit plague there, at face value you'd only keep
    Duncan
    Uga
    Dimi
    Roy
    George
    Johnny

    Rest are quite replaceable with equal quality players or more then likely better players

  11. #11
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Yeah agree wit plague there, at face value you'd only keep
    Duncan
    Uga
    Dimi
    Roy
    George
    Johnny

    Rest are quite replaceable with equal quality players or more then likely better players
    Gotta keep the Hoff
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gotta keep the Hoff
    I agree. Based on what he is likely being paid, and the assumption he might be happy to see out the rest of his career in Newy (I'm just guessing, I don't know the bloke), a player like Hoff is invaluable. He can cover a few positions, rarely gets injured, and over the course of a season chips in with plenty of solid performances. He's not someone you can rely on as a matchwinner, but that's what the marquees and Dimi's of the world are paid bigger $$ for.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gotta keep the Hoff
    I looked at Hoff's and saw 19/20 somehow, would definitey keep him for reasons given by halo se7en

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,817
    Hoff 17/18 season is a keeper. On the previous 8-9 seasons hardly.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I agree. Based on what he is likely being paid, and the assumption he might be happy to see out the rest of his career in Newy (I'm just guessing, I don't know the bloke), a player like Hoff is invaluable. He can cover a few positions, rarely gets injured, and over the course of a season chips in with plenty of solid performances. He's not someone you can rely on as a matchwinner, but that's what the marquees and Dimi's of the world are paid bigger $$ for.
    Absolutely..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Hoff 17/18 season is a keeper. On the previous 8-9 seasons hardly.
    Personally I've rated Hoff ever since he came back to newy during the Miller season

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Personally I've rated Hoff ever since he came back to newy during the Miller season
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  18. #18
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,241
    Hoff deserves a medal for having to cop interviews from "Hammo" on ABC Radio every bloody Wednesday morning..
    Bloke is an imposter of the highest order when it comes to any sports that don't have an egg shaped ball..

  19. #19
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Hoff 17/18 season is a keeper. On the previous 8-9 seasons hardly.
    Yeah he is a perfect example.
    If he keeps 'this' form up then you can extend him with more confidence.
    If he reverts back to his average form (which is still pretty good imho) then it's no huge loss if he leaves, and would be easier to replace.

    Would love to see Ugabooga, Champness and Johnny K shown a bit of faith and extended now (chuck a buyout in there so they don't feel trapped) surely we've seen enough of them to know they are at minimum above average A-league talent.

  20. #20
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Soz just noticed Joey is already on for the extra year.

    Middleby getting it done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •