Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Yes, quite a decent one we are lead to believe
    Am I remembering correctly that Hoole's contract negotiations broke down because he was trying to negotiate a release clause too low for the clubs liking, and the club said all those guys had a standard release clause value? If so, it seems reasonable to assume Duncan's release clause was this club-set value which Hoole at least has been deterred by in the past. So you'd guess it's a reasonable value.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I'm probably wrong but I thought there was a rule whereby 2 senior contracted goalkeepers were required
    I'm under the impression you need to use at least 2 squad spots on goalkeepers. So if that scenario happened and I'm correct, James would have to be a fully contracted player rather than a scholarship player. But he could take up one of the required young player spots, obviously.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Am I remembering correctly that Hoole's contract negotiations broke down because he was trying to negotiate a release clause too low for the clubs liking, and the club said all those guys had a standard release clause value? If so, it seems reasonable to assume Duncan's release clause was this club-set value which Hoole at least has been deterred by in the past. So you'd guess it's a reasonable value.
    Hoole's Manager had to know Hoole would never leave for much coin but good on the club for sticking firm
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    $350k was a figure quoted at the time from memory

If the Jets are open to promoting a very promising NPL goal scorer and have hopefully looked past Chilli but not Bradbury they could do a lot lot worse than Jordan Murray from APIA Leichhardt. With a couple of other HAL clubs sniffing around the kid with one happy to do some paperwork. Went very well at a recent trial with a HAL club.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If the Jets are open to promoting a very promising NPL goal scorer and have hopefully looked past Chilli but not Bradbury they could do a lot lot worse than Jordan Murray from APIA Leichhardt. With a couple of other HAL clubs sniffing around the kid with one happy to do some paperwork. Went very well at a recent trial with a HAL club.
    Why didn't he get signed then?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    holding out for Europe

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Because a second club also began making inquiries at that point.

And lets face it some HAL clubs are much better run than others and some can't even get there shite together any better than some state league sides.
    Last edited by 380; 04-08-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Whispers are Birrighitti will be back

Lets hope he has improved under highballs then eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Whispers are Birrighitti will be back
    Are you hearing the whispers that I first saw on this forum? (Sorry - I don't recall who it was)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Signing for CCM.

Signing for CCM.

Hence my some clubs are better run than others comment. Could prove to be a good inexpensive find for the right club.

Hence my some clubs are better run than others comment. Could prove to be a good inexpensive find for the right club.
    Mulvey apparently made comment that the rest of the CCM squad will be filled with NPL players. Onwards and upwards for them, I guess.

Signing for CCM.
    Yeah...probably looking at a club where he can start most games

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Yeah...probably looking at a club where he can start most games
    Surprises me that he is willing to take a step down after his NPL season though.

Perhaps if the Wolves get a start he may head back after a season.

Signing for CCM.
    https://twitter.com/CCMariners/statu...46977074638848

Who is this Sebastian Gallegos people talk of being shown a bit interest in from both the Roar and us ?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sebast...spieler/120551

Hasn't reached any great heights in his career to date. Hopefully mean more spent on striker.