Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I reckon Cowburn will find another contract in the league
    With the comp expanding by a single team for each of the next two seasons it will probably be the case he may pick up a deal elsewhere.

Cowby told he's not getting resigned and still does a promo for the club next day. Top lad. Got alot of love for him. Wish him well

Cowburn will definitely find another club, he’s at bare minimum a league squaddie standard, probably a bit cheap and can play in a bunch of different position

Banned
    If he can find another gig elsewhere says plenty for the Shit standards in the HAL

Recycling other people's garbage has to stop

Give kids a go

This bloke has had his chance and wasn't good enough

Move on FFS

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If he can find another gig elsewhere says plenty for the Shit standards in the HAL

Give kids a go

Move on FFS
    Kinda with you on this and what i was alluding to in my post. His saving grace in a safety first approach salary capped league is his A League experience. Ability wise i maintain he is a dime a dozen player on par with many " smarter than most types " running around in State League. Lets face it the current rubbish standard of the A League means most players on a clubs roster outside of the first 16 for arguments sake are that type of player Min wage bordering on average A League to looking smarter than most on a State League pitch.

Cowby's versatility and experience in the league make would him a safe choice for most clubs. Sadly it is that safety first approach most clubs take that deny plenty of others an opportunity.To the best of my knowledge he has had 4-5 seasons to establish himself and prove to others he should be regarded as a first 11 player as opposed to a squadie to fill a hole every now and then.
    Last edited by 380; 25-04-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Give kids a go

Move on FFS
    "Give kids a chance"

He's 24 yrs old (3-4 yrs before prime) in a league with virtually no competent youth system.....

He is a kid.

This isn't Football Manager / FIFA where you can play a 17yr old for a few months, hit the training button a few times and they become world class.

What sort of pool of young players do you think we have in this country? Because I can burst your bubble very easily and inform you that we have no proper youth systems in place and therefore very little knowledge about young players anywhere. We rely on other countries finding our youth and taking it early or, late bloomers like Mooy/Ryan/Degenek to move overseas and improve.

Cowburn is fine to be moved on if we have others coming through, but screw your recycled player bullshit on this one Member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    "Give kids a chance"

He's 24 yrs old (3-4 yrs before prime) in a league with virtually no competent youth system.....

He is a kid.

This isn't Football Manager / FIFA where you can play a 17yr old for a few months, hit the training button a few times and they become world class.

What sort of pool of young players do you think we have in this country? Because I can burst your bubble very easily and inform you that we have no proper youth systems in place and therefore very little knowledge about young players anywhere. We rely on other countries finding our youth and taking it early or, late bloomers like Mooy/Ryan/Degenek to move overseas and improve.

Cowburn is fine to be moved on if we have others coming through, but screw your recycled player bullshit on this one Member.
    pfffft, you have written this like a bloke who hasnt ever heard of Daniel Arzani, Danny De Silva or Daniel Arzani.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    "Give kids a chance"

He is a kid.

not sure if anyone saw it but after the United/City game yesterday the 'experts' were saying that young players like Lingard need to learn from older players like Pogba.

they are both the same age.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I thought this season Cowburn played some very good football. Delivered some wonderful free kicks / passes as well with very limited opportunities [He kicks better corners than Dimi].
    He's far too good for state league gigs but in that Virgili type vortex of not quite being able to make a name for himself at A-League level.
    Would I keep him at the Jets ? No. But I think at another club with more opportunities for him he just might surprise a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I thought this season Cowburn played some very good football. Delivered some wonderful free kicks / passes as well with very limited opportunities [He kicks better corners than Dimi].
    He's far too good for state league gigs but in that Virgili type vortex of not quite being able to make a name for himself at A-League level.
    Would I keep him at the Jets ? No. But I think at another club with more opportunities for him he just might surprise a few people.
    I could see Cowburn picking up a role at the Roar or Western United.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

are we all sure hes not good enough cause ill be darned if ive seen him get any sort of opportunites this year.

and its not like Old Ern has been excellent with his team selections this year.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I liked the little I saw of him in midfield this year to be honest. Seemed tidy on the ball and passed around well enough. Didn't create a lot of threat but I think could play the 6 role ok, especially in a team looking to control the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    are we all sure hes not good enough cause ill be darned if ive seen him get any sort of opportunites this year.

I think he's good enough to play in the league. His set pieces are his strength.

I think we have let him go because we have adequate numbers in that position (CM) and other prospects coming through that could block their progress.

Fair play to Nick that he wanted to play centrally, but I think had he kept playing as a fullback he'd still have a Jets contract.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

How long is Kanta contracted for? Id always seen Cowburn as that 'type' of player in the future.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    This is a good summary of Cowby. Getting away from the local boy home team and club mentality could very well be just what he needs to take that next step or see him back here at Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Vargas officially released.
    also, Cowburn, Jair, Georgievski (big mistake here), Adelson, Appiah.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6...-jets/?cs=7580
    Interesting off season ahead.

The writing was on the wall for RV and Jair. I think we have players that are as good, if not better, in their preferred roles.

So if Roy re-signs, our currently signed players best 11 is something like the below:

GK - Moss
    RB - Millar
    CB - NTS/Boogs
    LB - Vujica
    CM - Sugar/Kanta
    AM - Dimi
    RW - Hoff
    LW - JOWIC
    ST - Roy

Fringe players

Italiano
    James
    Sheppard
    Thurgate
    Ridenton
    Koutroumbis
    Jackson
    Simmons
    Langlois
    Kosta

Where should the Jets be targeting their marquee? And where else should we be looking at strengthening or adding depth?

Personally I would love to see us follow the NIX's lead from this season and sign an excellent GK and/or CB.

How long is Kanta contracted for? Id always seen Cowburn as that 'type' of player in the future.
    Kanta contracted for next season only.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Interesting off season ahead.

The writing was on the wall for RV and Jair. I think we have players that are as good, if not better, in their preferred roles.

So if Roy re-signs, our currently signed players best 11 is something like the below:

GK - Moss
    RB - Millar
    CB - NTS/Boogs
    LB - Vujica
    CM - Sugar/Kanta
    AM - Dimi
    RW - Hoff
    LW - JOWIC
    ST - Roy

Fringe players

Italiano
    James
    Sheppard
    Thurgate
    Ridenton
    Koutroumbis
    Jackson
    Simmons
    Langlois
    Kosta

Where should the Jets be targeting their marquee? And where else should we be looking at strengthening or adding depth?

Personally I would love to see us follow the NIX's lead from this season and sign an excellent GK and/or CB.
    I would like to see us recruit 2 wide players and a striker.

Agree to a extent

Anyone that thinks this season was bad can strap themselves in for an even bigger shit show next season.

The emphasis on recruitment is lowering costs and in every case that will mean replacing those leaving with cheaper / inferior players.