Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Welcome Mitch 'Nabbout 2.0' Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    The world game confirms Austin will be signed. Either injury replacement or permanent, given its the jets I would more likely expect it to be permanent we can't get anyone better.!!!

Meanwhile victory sign Ola Toivonen Swedish striker from the recent world cup squad within the cap. Victory are going back to back!!! , no budgets at victory and FC
    Money-tree haven't signed Toivonen yet. The rumour mill said they were looking at him. Swansea and PSV Eindhoven are also rumoured to be looking at him.
    Money-tree already have Troisi and Honda listed as their marquees, so fitting an international player of his standard under the cap would be difficult, unless they work out some backhanded payments

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Money-tree haven't signed Toivonen yet. The rumour mill said they were looking at him. Swansea and PSV Eindhoven are also rumoured to be looking at him.
    Money-tree already have Troisi and Honda listed as their marquees, so fitting an international player of his standard under the cap would be difficult, unless they work out some backhanded payments
    Toulouse has confirmed hes off to Victory

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Toulouse has confirmed hes off to Victory
    No. French media reported that he's no longer training with Toulouse FC and a deal has been done with Victory.
    They also said he's been in talks with Swansea and PSV Eindhoven.

Like all signing rumours it could be 99% BS and 1% truth or the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    No. French media reported that he's no longer training with Toulouse FC and a deal has been done with Victory.
    They also said he's been in talks with Swansea and PSV Eindhoven.

Like all signing rumours it could be 99% BS and 1% truth or the other way around.
    No Toulouse announced via Twitter that he his departing to Australia and Melbourne Victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Martin needs to release these purse strings and start throwing cash...not just at randoms

I know it shouldn't but perhaps the progress on new signings goes some way to explaining the low membership numbers at present. I would have thought making the GF last season would have had many super keen and signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    Martin needs to release these purse strings and start throwing cash...not just at randoms
    I wonder if it would of been much different if we were one of the 2 definitely in the acl this season rather than having to go through a qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    The owner, his coaches, players, and staff are doing just fine. If the right player comes about we buy them - but if nobody suitable is available it makes no sense to throw cash at them anyway. Look at us in past seasons paying overs, or Melb City who pay overs pretty much every season and still fail to impress when it counts.
    The clubs taking young players to tournaments overseas and even letting them get experience in overseas leagues [like Champness did] and so on which makes a lot more sense than simply throwing money around willy nilly.

I'm not willing to shit on our recruitment till we get to see who the international we sign is, because for all we know the majority of the rest of the cap space we have may have gone towards getting their signature. I'm also happy to see what we can do with Austin, I'd imagine it's only gonna be a 1 year contract in case he does **** it up

I dont want the cash going willy nilly either, hence my "not just at randoms" comment. I would say Martin might still be happy about going through the knockout phase pre acl. it will give him potentially more exposure as we will play more games...but we must win and achieve a start in the acl if this were to be true. Hence lets do the due diligence on players and open up the wallet.

Calm down sheeple.
    It's deadline day in Europe today, tomorrow is when our market opens to get a bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Calm down sheeple.
    It's deadline day in Europe today, tomorrow is when our market opens to get a bargain.
    Agreed.

Also agree....bargains to be had.

having an argument with a mate, is ridenton using a visa spot and Moss not using one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    having an argument with a mate, is ridenton using a visa spot and Moss not using one?
    Moss is dual citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Do we still have a visa spot?

I may know of a striker we could use... still hasnt signed.. but it would be a injury gamble...

anyone got a direkt line?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Do we still have a visa spot?

I may know of a striker we could use... still hasnt signed.. but it would be a injury gamble...

anyone got a direkt line?
    2 visa spots. Appears we may just use 1 of them

Anyone else want us to Hijack the Birraz to cited deal?