Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1065

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    If so, comments upon his return will be very interesting.
    Surely everyone is now crystal clear that the bloke is full of shit anyway.

He can say whatever he wants, I ain't fallin for it.

Did I read it right that Lawrie is or has been in China visiting the boss and sorting out the budgets etc?
    If so, comments upon his return will be very interesting.
    One thing we can expect is the usual 'patience' theme that Lawrie and Ernie run with the last 2 offseasons. Therefore our 'major' signings will be signed late in the preseason again and again they will arrive 'not as fit as aniticipated' so they will take the usual 6-8weeks to get fit.

FFS we should already have our list of targets and budgets should be known. We need to have the whole squad fit and firing for Rd 1 next season, not this waiting until a few weeks out from the season to finalise the squad.
    I always wonder if people realise that we don't have a list of players. We don't scout players or watch other leagues or really pay attention to other teams in the league.

Our only source of signings is when agents come to us with a player. Then, we review some footage and take a guess whether or not they'd work in the league.

The Jets are a two-bit operation. Last year was a fluke, Dimi and Nabboot were flukes, we will have years of mediocrity and then something good will fall on our lap for a year or two and we just need to enjoy it when it happens. Anything positive that happens to the Jets has very little to do with the hard work/skill of those running the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I find it strange the way our 3 spokesmen (Lawrie, ernie and Griff) operate. They seem to always be contradicting each other's comments in various media

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I always wonder if people realise that we don't have a list of players. We don't scout players or watch other leagues or really pay attention to other teams in the league.

Our only source of signings is when agents come to us with a player. Then, we review some footage and take a guess whether or not they'd work in the league.

The Jets are a two-bit operation. Last year was a fluke, Dimi and Nabboot were flukes, we will have years of mediocrity and then something good will fall on our lap for a year or two and we just need to enjoy it when it happens. Anything positive that happens to the Jets has very little to do with the hard work/skill of those running the place.
    Yep fair comment although I did have a conversation with lord Griff about recruiting and his role in everything and he told me he has a rather large network of agents and contacts (ex teammates etc working in football) that he corresponds with constantly throughout the year.

I have no doubts about Lord Griff being able to compile a list of players.

Unfortunately I'm not so confident when it comes to the club actually being able to make competitive offers to players.

I did have a conversation with lord Griff about recruiting and his role in everything and he told me he has a rather large network of agents and contacts (ex teammates etc working in football) that he corresponds with constantly throughout the year.
    you didnt put in the part where you obviously fainted with glee at being granted an audience with Griff.

Blessed be your day and the rest of your life, for Griff has fulfilled your purpose.

Griff.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Griff.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you didnt put in the part where you obviously fainted with glee at being granted an audience with Griff.

Blessed be your day and the rest of your life, for Griff has fulfilled your purpose.

Griff.
    Nah that happened the night before when he joined us for dinner.

Nah that happened the night before when he joined us for dinner.
    Heard about that. It was the night he took a couple of fish and some bread and fed the masses right?

Hail Griff.

Banned
    Gallop is no doubt a dill

But he really is the least of our worries at FFA

The bloke is just the public face puppet of the circus there

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Jair with a quotable quote at the end
    http://thefootballsack.com.au/2019/0...is-season.html
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Brisbane have just turfed a heap of players..

Bautheac
    Holman
    Devere
    Babalj
    Lokoli-Ngoy
    Tongyik
    Lopez
    Mikkelson

Not saying we should, but would you look at any for next season??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

Bautheac
    Holman
    Devere
    Babalj
    Lokoli-Ngoy
    Tongyik
    Lopez
    Mikkelson

plus Joe Caletti and Stefan Nigro
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Devere couldn't game time in a team with the worst defence in the league (conceded 71), but i would still rather him over Boogard or Jackson. That is how little i think of those two. Those contract extensions are worse than any result this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

Bautheac
    Holman
    Devere
    Babalj
    Lokoli-Ngoy
    Tongyik
    Lopez
    Mikkelson

None of them.

Babalj could have been anything but like so many went overseas to improve himself and instead came back half the player he was. I'd question if this blokes even State League level these days.

Devere has been injured / below par for the last 4 years. He was good but after 4 years of showing nothing I'd say he's finished as well.

The others are either over priced imports or players the Jets smashed with ease all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Devere couldn't game time in a team with the worst defence in the league (conceded 71), but i would still rather him over Boogard or Jackson. That is how little i think of those two. Those contract extensions are worse than any result this season.
    Devere 5 years ago yes. But now he's not anywhere near the standard of Boogs or Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Devere 5 years ago yes. But now he's not anywhere near the standard of Boogs or Jackson.
    Seriously, I reckon busted arse Devere is better than Boogs. I don't want us to sign him, he's useless nowadays. But resigning Boogs and Jackson is just the ****ing worst decision we've made.

None of that list will be signed by us, a few might go to the Mariners. Devere, Nigro, Tongyik and Caletti will probably be in talks with the scum. Then will move on to be recycled again in another year.

Wait? Is Calletti really on that list?

He's good.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wait? Is Calletti really on that list?

He's good.
    Yes. But he's a CM and we have plenty of those. He's also diminutive which isn't a good thing in this league.