Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** the wider public??

Seriously why do they matter??

We had a game last weekend that the wider public came to

They killed the atmosphere and wont be back

That is exactly what you get when you chase the wider public

Why you want moire of that??

How about we cater towards the football fans in this country 1st 2nd and 3rd

If the Plastic New Dawners want to come on board in the meantime fine

But unite those in the game already first before trying to go entice some blow ins who dont care for the game

Football fans are broken enough already in this country.

Unite them first
    Why should they bend over backwards for football fans? What specifics are you talking about? There's a ready-made product in front of their nose and if they don't want to embrace it, that's on them. I'm a football fan and I don't need extra incentives, freebies, discounts, etc to go and watch a sport I thoroughly enjoy.

It wasn't a shit atmosphere at the GF because we had more people. It was shit because those people likely hadn't been to a game before and they were too busy filming Victory fans rather than trying to join in and drown them out. Yeah it's frustrating, but **** it, at least they came. If ~1,000 of those people become members next year then great. Hopefully the hype helps them jump on board next season and buy a membership. If they come to a few games, see the Jets win a few and play some nice stuff on the pitch, hopefully that's enough to keep them coming back. That's how the game grows, and that's how the fanbase grows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, instead of the FFA putting money into a marquee fund / war chest, maybe they should spend even a single dollar on advertising the league.
    Or growing our ****ing junior game/skills

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Or growing our ****ing junior game/skills
    Nah they prefer to encourage the business model of ripping off starry eyed kids and my kids the best parents with inflated so called elite program costs. You asking the FFA to walk and chew gum simultaneously, Like that ever going too happen under its present stewardship.

big ronny V is back baby, just hand us the trophy now

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    big ronny V is back baby, just hand us the trophy now
    No mention of him being a marquee again this season, or when you re-sign a marquee is it just implied they’re marquee again

That's great news.

and as expected Pato gone.
    Great player but no defensive presence at all. Puts a lot of pressure on the fullback playing behind him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    No mention of him being a marquee again this season, or when you re-sign a marquee is it just implied they’re marquee again
    Pretty certain i read and article where the Gypo CEO stated Ronny was our marquee blah blah and it great to re sign him etc

So it would appear he is Marquee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Why should they bend over backwards for football fans? What specifics are you talking about? There's a ready-made product in front of their nose and if they don't want to embrace it, that's on them. I'm a football fan and I don't need extra incentives, freebies, discounts, etc to go and watch a sport I thoroughly enjoy.

It wasn't a shit atmosphere at the GF because we had more people. It was shit because those people likely hadn't been to a game before and they were too busy filming Victory fans rather than trying to join in and drown them out. Yeah it's frustrating, but **** it, at least they came. If ~1,000 of those people become members next year then great. Hopefully the hype helps them jump on board next season and buy a membership. If they come to a few games, see the Jets win a few and play some nice stuff on the pitch, hopefully that's enough to keep them coming back. That's how the game grows, and that's how the fanbase grows.
    The FFA have gone out of their way to alienate a lot in the football community in the last 15 years.

They have run out of town anyone with their ethnic cleansing of the game

It high time the ****ers brought the ethnics back to the game and allowed them into the HAL

There is a lot of football people in this category who couldnt give two ****s about the HAL and it down to the FFA and their victimisation of these clubs and their fans for the last 15 years with their exclusion

That really where we should be focusing on

Burying the hatchet there for a start and getting Sth Melbourne in for a start would be a good move

As for your new found plastics you want to come to Jets games how about instead of having discounts etc how about we actually charge an appropriate figure for admission
    $30/$40 for an adult to attend a game shows that cunce dont get it.

Me I love the game so will pay $30/$40 no problem
    But how can you convince new plastics when you are charging those figures

The FFA have gone out of their way to alienate a lot in the football community in the last 15 years.

They have run out of town anyone with their ethnic cleansing of the game

It high time the ****ers brought the ethnics back to the game and allowed them into the HAL

There is a lot of football people in this category who couldnt give two ****s about the HAL and it down to the FFA and their victimisation of these clubs and their fans for the last 15 years with their exclusion

That really where we should be focusing on

Burying the hatchet there for a start and getting Sth Melbourne in for a start would be a good move

As for your new found plastics you want to come to Jets games how about instead of having discounts etc how about we actually charge an appropriate figure for admission
    $30/$40 for an adult to attend a game shows that cunce dont get it.

Me I love the game so will pay $30/$40 no problem
    But how can you convince new plastics when you are charging those figures
    Ethnic cleansing of the game? You mean those clubs that were super inclusive to anyone and everyone? Just like they can’t connect with the current a-league teams, I’m sure there’s a shitload of fans that couldn’t connect with any of them.

And if you let in Sth Melbourne, what does that mean for the Melbourne Knights fans? Nothing. Are you saying we let all the ex-NSL teams in?

So you want to cater to people who’ve had a cry because their own team didn’t get a license, yet you want to shit on the ‘plastics’ who are at least going out of their way to try something new?

Not one football person I know who doesn’t go to a-league games has stated the price as an issue. You can go for less than $25 pp, no different to NRL. Plus I thought the club/stadium dictated these prices anyway, not the FFA?

So we have two spots left

Goalkeeper, backline and midfield are sorted for numbers

We need a back-up striker and a starting winger in my eyes, Craig Goodwin would be a good signing but have no idea for the striker and am not sure who would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    So we have two spots left

Goalkeeper, backline and midfield are sorted for numbers

We need a back-up striker and a starting winger in my eyes, Craig Goodwin would be a good signing but have no idea for the striker and am not sure who would be ideal.
    If Dimi gets any game time at the WC we are going to find it real difficult to keep him. So will be looking for a replacement on that front.

Not sure Goodwin provides the grunt that merrick would be in need of.. however he would provide value.. able to cover a couple of positions in the squad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Ethnic cleansing of the game? You mean those clubs that were super inclusive to anyone and everyone? Just like they can’t connect with the current a-league teams, I’m sure there’s a shitload of fans that couldn’t connect with any of them.

And if you let in Sth Melbourne, what does that mean for the Melbourne Knights fans? Nothing. Are you saying we let all the ex-NSL teams in?

So you want to cater to people who’ve had a cry because their own team didn’t get a license, yet you want to shit on the ‘plastics’ who are at least going out of their way to try something new?

Not one football person I know who doesn’t go to a-league games has stated the price as an issue. You can go for less than $25 pp, no different to NRL. Plus I thought the club/stadium dictated these prices anyway, not the FFA?
    Every single one of them should be allowed in.
    If they cant keep up the pace then they will stay in the State Leagues

The FFA have failed to allow them a fair crack at applying at any stage. They asked for the criteria to put in a submission and the FFA had none to supply
    It is the main reason why this code is ****ed at the moment as there is no way in or way out of the HAL

As for your comments about inclusive . Explain how anyone who wanted to be involved at these clubs was excluded??

The bigotry was from those who took offence to the ethnicity of their support. Plkenty of Anglos played for the ethnic clubs without a problem

At no stage in my life have i ever been made to feel unwelcome at an ethnic backed club in this country.

The other reason why these people dont connect with your Sydney FCs and your Melbourne Victory etc is a point that you seem to miss just as much as the FFA

It aint their club.

That is what supporting YOUR club is about. It not something you pick and choose. It a lifelong committment that never ends
    Last edited by MFKS; 14-05-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Herald reporting Pato has been released. Not surprised but it was a fun summer fling
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

wait, so are we signing all these ethnics or something or are you pelicans arguing in the wrong thread?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

also: shame about Pato, reakon he would have provided many highlights over the course of a full season.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    also: shame about Pato, reakon he would have provided many highlights over the course of a full season.

This . With a full pre season's prep to get him right he could have torn this league up. Maybe a financial thing is why.

pato scored the most god damned beautiful goal i've ever seen against the gypos that game. nothing will ever touch that bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Maybe a financial thing is why.
    oh for sure. and i absolutely cant fault the club for not wanting to hinge everything on both Pato and Vargas.
    Vargas def looks to be more of what we 'need' and Pato was a luxury.
    As q-man said, his finish against the gypos was lovely. Already a proper Newy boy.

lets just hope Middleby spends the Pato money wisely on things like fixing the VAR, proper beer, Jets shaped hats etc etc etc.
    Seems like I am WRONG

It was touched on earlier, but another element I hadn't considered initially is the introduction of the new teams the season after next.

We've got 16 players coming off contract next year - 80% of our currently signed squad. With 2, maybe 3, new teams to fill I think we will get dismantled. The talent pool will dilute.

For me that makes next season as the ideal one to peak and achieve. There's a lot at play next year. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles