Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1065

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Anyone that thinks this season was bad can strap themselves in for an even bigger shit show next season.

The emphasis on recruitment is lowering costs and in every case that will mean replacing those leaving with cheaper / inferior players.
    Correct and I think that might start by not having any marquee at all next season.

Anyone that thinks this season was bad can strap themselves in for an even bigger shit show next season.

The emphasis on recruitment is lowering costs and in every case that will mean replacing those leaving with cheaper / inferior players.
    If that's the case, I don't understand the decision to lose Cowburn. Local, average, covers multiple positions. If the plan is to go budget, he's almost an ideal player to have.

The only player we can replace with a significantly cheaper player is the marquee (forgot we only had one)... we still have to spend to the salary floor, so unless we are going to get inferior players in at super inflated wages, the step down for everyone except Vargas isn't going to be huge.

Basically, what I am saying is that we may miss out on 7th next season.
    Last edited by Grimario; 26-04-2019 at 01:32 PM.

We are so getting Hoole back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Do you have insider knowledge?

gonna be so good next year when old Ern is trying to teach a bunch of dudes he doesnt want a style of football they prob cant play.

When do we renew our season tix? so keen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Sign another striker and play 2 up front

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Sign another striker and play 2 up front
    If we did this with Heskey from the start then we would've made finals guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We are so getting Hoole back.
    if so, will prob get a full spec corporate box next year.
    wont want to miss a second of the action.

you blokes will be invited up of course.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Do you have insider knowledge?
    Team went from 2nd on table and runner up in grand final to 7th and no finals.
    Vargas Gone. No mention of any replacement.
    Coach not performing - still here.
    Georgevski gone - replaced by a budget Gypo.
    Nabbout gone and not replaced with player of equal skill.
    2nd String Chinese 2nd division player was all we could afford as a replacement for McGree / Nabbout.
    No interest from club in Mcgree who is a proven player and absolutely no risk. [That screams we have no money]f
    folded his Chinese 2nd Div team.
    No longer naming sponsor for Portugues 2nd Div.
    No Jets shaped hats for members.

What more proof do you need Stanny.

Edit: They are probably already shopping Champness around so they can cash in on him.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-04-2019 at 04:29 PM.

You convinced me at jet shaped hats
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Team went from 2nd on table and runner up in grand final to 7th and no finals.
    Vargas Gone. No mention of any replacement.
    Coach not performing - still here.
    Georgevski gone - replaced by a budget Gypo.
    Nabbout gone and not replaced with player of equal skill.
    2nd String Chinese 2nd division player was all we could afford as a replacement for McGree / Nabbout.
    No interest from club in Mcgree who is a proven player and absolutely no risk. [That screams we have no money]f
    folded his Chinese 2nd Div team.
    No longer naming sponsor for Portugues 2nd Div.
    No Jets shaped hats for members.

What more proof do you need Stanny.

Edit: They are probably already shopping Champness around so they can cash in on him.
    I have the club wont let us return to our former shit self. Once I lose that belief then whats the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

If that turns out to be the case then this club will burn through every gain it made particularly with the local football fraternity from turning the shit show around in 17/18. I said to my young bloke i have real concerns about just how invested club ownership will prove to be next season and for the first time i may very well wait til the eve of the new season to decide whether to take up membership again.

I just never quite got the short sightedness of this season and loathe in planning for the first 8 weeks. If this club had of been able to go deep into the finals for a second season in succession who knows what next seasons membership and overall general interest in the club would of and could have been and just how many dollars that could have been equated to through increased sponsorship and membership revenue.

Either incompetence or penny pinching robbed the club of the best opportunity it has had in 10 years to turn shit around make this club a club of choice. Somebody at the club needs to be accountable for not capitalizing on that. To go into next season with a squad assembled to just compete and not challenge would be an insult to supporters and the already signed sponsors for next season.

No way in this whole wide world should punters up here let the club get away with the type of shit show recruiting and financing the likes Charlseworth and Mielekamp do season after season.
    Last edited by 380; 26-04-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    "Give kids a chance"

He's 24 yrs old (3-4 yrs before prime) in a league with virtually no competent youth system.....

He is a kid.

This isn't Football Manager / FIFA where you can play a 17yr old for a few months, hit the training button a few times and they become world class.

What sort of pool of young players do you think we have in this country? Because I can burst your bubble very easily and inform you that we have no proper youth systems in place and therefore very little knowledge about young players anywhere. We rely on other countries finding our youth and taking it early or, late bloomers like Mooy/Ryan/Degenek to move overseas and improve.

Cowburn is fine to be moved on if we have others coming through, but screw your recycled player bullshit on this one Member.
    The reason we have no pool of young players is because of this BS philosophy of playing it safe with rejects

We have no relegation so why do we need to constantly recycle your Hooles Appiahs Cowburns etc after they have had their opportunities

Better off giving your Simmons Langlois Thurgates a go

You never know these kids might actually succeed if we give them the opportunity

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If that turns out to be the case then this club will burn through every gain it made particularly with the local football fraternity from turning the shit show around in 17/18. I said to my young bloke i have real concerns about just how invested club ownership will prove to be next season and for the first time i may very well wait til the eve of the new season to decide whether to take up membership again.

I just never quite got the short sightedness of this season and loathe in planning for the first 8 weeks. If this club had of been able to go deep into the finals for a second season in succession who knows what next seasons membership and overall general interest in the club would of and could have been and just how many dollars that could have been equated to through increased sponsorship and membership revenue.

Either incompetence or penny pinching robbed the club of the best opportunity it has had in 10 years to turn shit around make this club a club of choice. Somebody at the club needs to be accountable for not capitalizing on that. To go into next season with a squad assembled to just compete and not challenge would be an insult to supporters and the already signed sponsors for next season.

No way in this whole wide world should punters up here let the club get away with the type of shit show recruiting and financing the likes Charlseworth and Mielekamp do season after season.
    The way the HAL is currently being run why should the Chinese Light Salesman pissing his money away on the Jets??

The comp is a ****ing joke at the moment

The way the HAL is currently being run why should the Chinese Light Salesman pissing his money away on the Jets??

The comp is a ****ing joke at the moment
    I don't disagree with your summation on the running of the league. Gallop and co are clearly in it for there drive cars , inflated income and corporate cards.

If Gallop was fair dinkum he would have resigned long ago but the way the international schedule is he gets a free ride/junket to Asian Cups and World Cups every couple of years. I was fortunate enough to spend a week once with the CEO of the company i was working for. He had held similar roles for companies in the US and Europe for very familiar names in there respective industries and made it very clear in his opinion more often than not a CEO is a 4 year proposition. He considered this time frame long enough to appraise and then design and ultimately implement changes to reinvigorate or freshen up a organisation to sustain continued growth. He made a lot of a CEO being flexible to market changes and attitudes and not one new employee got away without reading a book called " who moved my cheese " I was skeptical at first but it is a great read for anybody charged with the responsibility of increasing revenues and growth by expansion, In any industry not just sport. Gallop and his hide behind Head of FFA Greg O Rourke could do well to read this book as opposed to this head in the sand everything is alright attitude we get from FFA season after season. And put simply Gallop has had long enough as a failing CEO. He has had his approx 4 years with no real measurable improvement to the game i can see.
    Last edited by 380; 26-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Flappashitti misses his chance tonight being injured. Joining the other choice offcuts at Geelong City apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to spend a week once with the CEO of the company i was working for. He had held similar roles for companies in the US and Europe for very familiar names in there respective industries and made it very clear in his opinion more often than not a CEO is a 4 year proposition.
    yeah, i understand your resentment of Gallop and Co and aint here to defend them.

but

There is a lot than be wrong with this type of attitude as well. In the life of a business, 4 years is nothing. The amount of people who take these jobs knowing they are after another one in the short term tend to perform in a certain way that isnt conducive to the long term success and sustainability of the company.

The biggest change in the history of the A-league (letting clubs contro it) will be the true test, and thats gonna need Gallop to get out of the way.....which is a skill in itself for someone in his position.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Gallop is a real problem, He just turns up week after week season after season overseeing mediocrity measurable by just about any meaningful KPI yet there seems to be this reluctance from financial stakeholders ie owners to generate a necessary and much needed mood for change.

I read some viewing stats just recently , i think from from the weekend the Jets beat City at home with the under strength side and Fox sports viewing numbers were frighteningly bad across that entire weekend. If the game continues on its current trajectory funding from sponsorship and corporate partners will decline to a point where there may not be a HAL type comp to worry about.

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Did I read it right that Lawrie is or has been in China visiting the boss and sorting out the budgets etc?
    If so, comments upon his return will be very interesting.
    One thing we can expect is the usual 'patience' theme that Lawrie and Ernie run with the last 2 offseasons. Therefore our 'major' signings will be signed late in the preseason again and again they will arrive 'not as fit as aniticipated' so they will take the usual 6-8weeks to get fit.

FFS we should already have our list of targets and budgets should be known. We need to have the whole squad fit and firing for Rd 1 next season, not this waiting until a few weeks out from the season to finalise the squad.