Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 209

Thread: FFA Cup 18/19

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,623

    FFA Cup 18/19

    Thought it was worthy of a new thread. Not sure if mods want to merge the stuff from the local thread, I moreso wanted to focus on the Jets.

    1) Am I right in saying we can’t draw another A-league team in the (our) first round?
    2) Will these games count toward Roy’s suspension?

    No idea when the draw will be, I can’t see anything online past the local draws so far. It does look as though all the state-level qualifiers wrap up by mid-June.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 17-05-2018 at 05:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,728
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Thought it was worthy of a new thread. Not sure if mods want to merge the stuff from the local thread, I moreso wanted to focus on the Jets.

    1) Am I right in saying we can’t draw another A-league team in the (our) first round?
    2) Will these games count toward Roy’s suspension?

    No idea when the draw will be, I can’t see anything online past the local draws so far. It does look as though all the state-level qualifiers wrap up by mid-June.
    Roy suspension should count

    I believe we can play anyone in the draw

    They removed the top 4 getting a bye against fellow HAL sides and made it random

    4 teams get to play NPL sides but they made it random who the 4 will be

    But make it 3 as we all know Smurfs will be 1 of the 4
    That why Gypos got turfed out by NPL opposition last season
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,138
    Member is right in saying 4 drawn against NPL teams and will be away for those games.

    3 all A-League fixtures from pot of 10.

    And yes they will count towards his suspension. That's been mentioned in the press
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    Draws already happened.

    We play Perth.

  5. #5
    parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parkseys mum
    Posts
    800,851,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Draws already happened.

    We play Perth.


    So the one year we place decently on the ladder its random #jetties

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,138
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post


    So the one year we place decently on the ladder its random #jetties


    To be fair, it was random last year too - and we thought that was good (but we still drew an A-League side).




    I'm confident we will progress past Round of 32. And the only way we are going to get a home game is drawing an A-League team
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  7. #7
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm confident we will progress past Round of 32. And the only way we are going to get a home game is drawing an A-League team
    Was shite last year that all 3 local teams (Jets + 2 NPL clubs) all got drawn away from home. Fingers crossed we get at least one game in Newy this year.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,138
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Was shite last year that all 3 local teams (Jets + 2 NPL clubs) all got drawn away from home. Fingers crossed we get at least one game in Newy this year.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  9. #9
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,728
    We are going to be away v NPL club

    Blue Aids
    Red Aids
    Nix
    Jets avoided the HAL clubs
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,728
    Magic away to Canberra

    Azzurri away to Heidleberg


    Jets away to Knights


    Gold Coast


    Cunce arent even in the NPL
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,138
    Road trip
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,535
    Magic have a chance and we gotta have hope that we can get a win!
    CCB drew a strong team unfortunately!

    All away though. Ffs

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,419
    How did they draw it?

    Re Federation games and then Federation A league games... did they do the federation vs A league team first or was it whoever was left over?
    Amigos Aarau

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    How did they draw it?

    Re Federation games and then Federation A league games... did they do the federation vs A league team first or was it whoever was left over?
    Started in Pot A with all a-league teams, and the three all a-league games were drawn with 4 random teams left.

    Then Pot B doing the all NPL games until 4 teams were left.

    Then Pot A drawn against Pot B.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Started in Pot A with all a-league teams, and the three all a-league games were drawn with 4 random teams left.

    Then Pot A drawn against Pot B

    Then Pot B doing the all NPL games until 4 teams were left.

    .

    aww ok i reckon they should have done it as above
    Amigos Aarau

  16. #16
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    544
    Dates are set. Jets vs Gold Coast Knights on 7th of August - 7:30pm kickoff @ Cbus Super Stadium

    Rest of the fixtures here.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,189
    So are Magic the good guys or the bad guys? Whom do I support: them or Canberra FC?

  18. #18
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,847
    I wouldn't say that Magic are universally hated

    are Canberra FC massive cunce?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,189
    Canberra FC are the local Croatian team that tends to.dominate the NPL. So yes.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,535
    How are clubs like Gwelup Croatia able to exist?
    Thought FFA outlawed ethnic links? Not exactly subtle either

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •