Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arzani hype thread

Socceroos haven't won a World Cup game he's played in.

#Arzaniout

The socceroos have yet to concede a goal while hes on the park.

hashtagdifferencemaker

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    did quite well tonight

if he scores I'm all aboard this hype train

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    did quite well tonight

if he scores I'm all aboard this hype train
    Agreed. he was more effective than Kruse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yep, his willingness to try and make things happen is a far cry from Kruse. Would like to see him start the Peru game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Agreed. he was more effective than Kruse.
    Anyone replacing Kruse would look effective and stand out.

He had several chances to pass to players in better positions, but chose to take on 2-3 players and did nothing with the ball.

Also had his first dive of the world cup, so thats nice.

When he had his shot, he should've kept it low, or just drove it into the 6 yard box instead.

Poor decision making from the best Australian footballer.

If we are being adults about this, at which point we are in the wrong thread, Arzani wasn't better than Kruse last night.

Kruse, who is not a great footballer by anyone's standards, did really well to open the game up and caused Dalgaard problems. He gave plenty of space for Mooy and Behich to move into when we had possesion and kept moving into the right spaces all night.

But!!! His crossing and touch under pressure is woeful. He can't put the ball where it needs to be. Which is super dooper frustrating when on the other side Leckie, and Rogic to an extent, were running at defenders and either getting around them or at worst keeping the ball.

Also we can't really fault him defensively last night either.

Now, Armani on the other hand, came on when the game was long, open and players had begun to tire. He did well with what he was presented with, but I honestly don't think he would have been as good as Kruse had he started. If he doesn't track his fullback or Delany starts doubling up on the right side, as he can do, Behich and especially Milligan would have been in trouble. Plus, after 10 minutes they would have worked him out and pushed him down the line and shoved him off the ball. Lucky he didn't get carded for crying at the ref too.

I know it's disgusting to say. but Kruse actually warranted his spot in the team last night. "Shudder"

That and Arzanadu is rubbish and should get back under Timmy's giant cash filled shadow.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Arzani is exactly why our Dutch Mango sucking coaching system needs to go

The reason this bloke looks good to everyone is that we dont see blokes run at players now in this country

It is coached out of the kids with the pass pass pass retain posession BS that the Aussie coaches have swallowed hook line and sinker from the Dutch Mango suckers

To be fair Arzani isnt that good

He is just a better version of James Virgili

Virgili is quick and looks great when you allow him to run a players and give him space but that is about it with him.
    If you limit his speed option the rest of his game fails him which is why he never "madei it" at HAL level

Arzani is a better skilled player than Virgili

But

He is still primarily the same

I reckon in time opposition will work him out and will expose his limitations

"It is coached out of the kids with the pass pass pass retain posession BS that the Aussie coaches have swallowed hook line and sinker from the Dutch Mango suckers"

This quote from the member epitomizes everything wrong about Australian football for the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To be fair Arzani isnt that good

He is just a better version of James Virgili

Virgili is quick and looks great when you allow him to run a players and give him space but that is about it with him.
    If you limit his speed option the rest of his game fails him which is why he never "madei it" at HAL level

Arzani is a better skilled player than Virgili

But

He is still primarily the same

I reckon in time opposition will work him out and will expose his limitations
    Ummmmm you might wanna credit someone else hot takes when you steal them.

It's only being polite.

Had his 30 minutes or so, done less than he did with the other two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Had his 30 minutes or so, done less than he did with the other two games.
    Played 20 mins too long.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Played 20 mins too long.
    Because he 1 trick pony

There's a bit about him but I'm very reluctant to call him the saviour or the next Harry Kewell as Basheer labelled him.

He is very very green and didn't place a level of pressure or show the intensity of his mates pressing late on.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

There's a bit about him but I'm very reluctant to call him the saviour or the next Harry Kewell as Basheer labelled him.

He is very very green and didn't place a level of pressure or show the intensity of his mates pressing late on.
    He’s a petulant teenager....once he can get that out of his game he might improve..the diving, yelling a refs and the whole I’m better than you attitude shits me to tears.

Banned

Cant tackle

Giving away that card he did was also dumb as it was half way he had old mate for speed and got a card for little reason other than stupidity

Stopped his diving and his ability to tackle

The pressing stopped as soon as Tim came on nit that Juric was doing it mich

Matter of fact all pressing stopped when Nabbout got injured

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    He’s a petulant teenager....once he can get that out of his game he might improve..the diving, yelling a refs and the whole I’m better than you attitude shits me to tears.
    You raise some good points.

Going overseas might be the best thing for him to take him down a peg or two.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    can we all just agree that it's way too early to judge either way - the kid is 19

I would love him to smack a hundred goals and lead us to the promised land - but if that's going to happen it probably won't be until the World Cup in in North America

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    can we all just agree that it's way too early to judge either way - the kid is 19
    Which is only a couple months (weeks?) Younger than Mbappe.

Its been truly embarrassing watching the commentary of blokes like that Daniel Garb bloke on Fox continually pump up this guys tyres.

The amount of times he mentioned that ' big clubs MUST be looking at Arzani" and creating this narrative that he was anything other than a part time player for a mid table A-league club was astounding.

Yet Joe blow who just times in for the big games is enough of a sucker to believe the hype.

Arzani is not, 'world class' and sadly he probably never will be.

Yet we (as a general public) seem to have set the bar at him and Cahill, so how much better are we ever gonna get?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Which is only a couple months (weeks?) Younger than Mbappe.

Its been truly embarrassing watching the commentary of blokes like that Daniel Garb bloke on Fox continually pump up this guys tyres.

The amount of times he mentioned that ' big clubs MUST be looking at Arzani" and creating this narrative that he was anything other than a part time player for a mid table A-league club was astounding.

Yet Joe blow who just times in for the big games is enough of a sucker to believe the hype.

Arzani is not, 'world class' and sadly he probably never will be.

Yet we (as a general public) seem to have set the bar at him and Cahill, so how much better are we ever gonna get?
    Couldn’t agree more....if this kid was world class...man city would have him signed up and in their squad. He’ll go to the Dutch league or lower level German club and just stay at the level he is