Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Arzani hype thread

Was pretty evident with Aziz Behich in some of our recent matches, God knows how many times he busted his ass to make a intelligent forward run only to be ignored for the safe option.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    when did Arzani migrate to Australia?

did he learn all this running at defenders nonsense before he even got here and learnt the ways of New Holland?
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...14-p4zlbg.html

that article says he moved here when he was 6.

Back to the actual point of this thread.

I have no idea how people can seriously think Arzani deserves a move above the A league. He hasn't even established himself in this league. He is a level below Joey Champness and we don't even rate him as a starter.

Joey's stats 2017/18 were 25 games, 5 goals and 2 assists.
    Arzani's stats 2017/18 were 16 games, 2 goals and 2 assists.

So Champness played in a team that finished higher in the league, had more of an offensive impact and played more minutes than Arzani. No one even thinks he will be a starter next year. Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe??? Give me a break.

He's way too old for an academy, but he is too young to make an impact in a first team in a higher league, so someone please tell me why a move to anywhere else would be a good move for him? Other than so I don't have to ever hear about him again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

I have no idea how people can seriously think Arzani deserves a move above the A league. He hasn't even established himself in this league. He is a level below Joey Champness and we don't even rate him as a starter.

So Champness played in a team that finished higher in the league, had more of an offensive impact and played more minutes than Arzani. No one even thinks he will be a starter next year. Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe??? Give me a break.

He's way too old for an academy, but he is too young to make an impact in a first team in a higher league, so someone please tell me why a move to anywhere else would be a good move for him? Other than so I don't have to ever hear about him again...
    Who in this Foz thinks he can play in Europe??

Thought that was more the 4'4-2 FanBois who think he is EPL bound after 1 evade at the WC

Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe???
    Users on the forum are being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Users on the forum are being sarcastic.
    Not sarcastic enough for my liking. I think a few silly thoughts are creeping into a few people's heads so i'm just shutting that down straight away.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Arzani also an inferior rapper and is yet to produce his own EP.

Pretty sure one of Arzani's goals was a pen as well.

What about evades tho?

I mean, I hope he goes on to be successful, scores a shitload of goals for Australia and plays for a big club.
    It’d be great for any Australian to do so.

I think most people on here, are being sarcastic, or just genuinely think he’s not as good as they were making out.
    Making out he is the saviour of our national team, next Kewell etc. it doesn’t do him any favours. Let the guy play. And see what comes of it.

As Frodo points out, Champness has much better stats. Not as man crossovers though.
    But hell, if I had one of em running through 1 on 1 with a keeper, I know who I’d rather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I mean, I hope he goes on to be successful, scores a shitload of goals for Australia and plays for a big club.
    It’d be great for any Australian to do so.

I think most people on here, are being sarcastic, or just genuinely think he’s not as good as they were making out.
    Making out he is the saviour of our national team, next Kewell etc. it doesn’t do him any favours. Let the guy play. And see what comes of it.

As Frodo points out, Champness has much better stats. Not as man crossovers though.
    But hell, if I had one of em running through 1 on 1 with a keeper, I know who I’d rather.
    Problem is Arzani believes the hype much like Rojas and a few others who failed to impress beyond the A-league.
    Champness on the other hand is a great kid with plenty of talent that doesn't let it all go to his head.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-07-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I agree but we didnt see much of that in the Aleague. He would do well with the coaching at Chelsea's youth setup
    You mean Vitesse Arnhem?

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    You mean Vitesse Arnhem?
    Well played sir

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    any word on his decision on whether he's going to Juventus or Man City? or is he holding out for the inevitable offers from Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona?

On the BBC Football website

Scottish champions Celtic hope to secure the loan signing of 19-year-old Australia midfielder Daniel Arzani after he completes his permanent move to Manchester City from partner club Melbourne City. (Scottish Sun)

career suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpom View Post
    On the BBC Football website

Scottish champions Celtic hope to secure the loan signing of 19-year-old Australia midfielder Daniel Arzani after he completes his permanent move to Manchester City from partner club Melbourne City. (Scottish Sun)
    We all know what people think of aussie players that score goals in the SPL.

Can't wait to see the inevitable season long loan move from Blackburn Rovers to Wollongong Wolves in 4 years time when he doesn't get a look in at Ernie Merricks world cup squad. Champness will inevitably be captain and scoring goals in the UCL for the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    career suicide
    Why ??

Should go well in the Scottish League

It a pretty easy standard for him to come into a Euro club

FFS Rogic looks a world beater in it

Banned
    Officially signed for Man City today

Pretty good outcome for the young guy.
    Nothing compared to when Madrid come looking for Joey though! Can see the headlines “more goals, game time and assists than Australian Ronaldo”

In all seriousness, Goodluck to him. Genuinely hope he can form some kind of partnership with Rogic and gets plenty of game time. Which I think he should? It’s a pretty good league to be able to give game time to younger players, especially if you are Celtic.
    Hoping he saves some goals for the National Team and doesn’t use all his good goals domestically like Rogic does.