Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos World Cup Campaign - All 11 days of it

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    From my few years playing it's always the worse players who play FB (myself included)
    so youre saying we should put trashboy Arzani there?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i know right. what a weird concept. its almost as if someone set the example and no one else in the whole wide world can see the damn thing.

imagine if Australia developed a similar philosophy.
    But we following a different philosophy

Dutch Mango Sucking Philosophy

We could have picked the French Spanish Germans Argies Brazillians etc

But we pick a country that cant even make a 24 team Euros FFS where even shit teams like Italy and Nth Ireland qualified let alone a World Cup

Go figure that

We still trying to play wide wingers standing wide when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch and they no hope of getting the ball coupled with the 500000 passes to no one as we are eliminating dribbling and skill from the repetoire whilst also downgrading our physical prowess just because it doesnt fit into the Dutch dogma

stop having ****wit coaches like GVE sticking Pepper there trying make them a Full back
    Farque off. Who else should have played there (in that squad)?

No young player wants to play FB
    Exactly.

It's stupid, but most Australian coaches at junior levels play their worst players at fullback. (The worst players, insofar as those players need to be on the pitch at all, should be on the wing or striking.)

I'd say we have already over achieved with that draw. I'm shocked we look hard to beat, I thought we would have been carved up through channels by the Euro guys so to concede 3 is ok for mine.

So far the best part has been knowing that Timmy is crying on the bench hoping to get the chance before he retires to get on the pitch and get one more.... yellow card! Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think Bert got it right post match when he said we should have been on 4 points at this stage.
    France game we didn't offer a lot but were stubborn in defence.
    Last night we put on a performance and were well worth 3 points, a touch of quality up front and we win that game. But still very enjoyable to watch.

I think our position and performances reflect our team. Plenty of solid players who give it their all but we just lack that extra quality in finishing.

Not a great deal of love being shown to Bert on how fantastic a job hes done.

With the limited time and lack of quality, not to mention the media only asking him about 2 players, he has def overachieved.

Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not a great deal of love being shown to Bert on how fantastic a job hes done.

With the limited time and lack of quality, not to mention the media only asking him about 2 players, he has def overachieved.

Good on him.
    Yeah we look super organised and are playing like we belong at a WC super stuff. Under Ange we wouldve been stuffed by France and Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Yeah we look super organised and are playing like we belong at a WC super stuff. Under Ange we wouldve been stuffed by France and Denmark
    Bullshit

Same Ange who had us play without fear and didnt disgrace ouselves with a far weaker squad in Brazil v Chile Holland and Spain??

Bullshit

Same Ange who had us play without fear and didnt disgrace ouselves with a far weaker squad in Brazil v Chile Holland and Spain??
    Ange wasnt playing a back 3 in Brazil he wouldve been now big difference
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

This squad looks very much like Ange's squad. Van Bommels uncle hasn't really changed much about what we do other then playing Nabbout up top. We are still slow in transition and really don't have the quality to win games based on possession and skill.

We are solid enough defensively and we jag shitty goals when they come about. Nothing wrong with that.

BVW hasn't ruined anything and has maybe added a bit of belief that they aren't as bad and some of the guys on the Newcastle Jets Forum believe they are. Well done to him, but Ange still built this team which is 'just good enough' to make the world cup.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This squad looks very much like Ange's squad. Van Bommels uncle hasn't really changed much about what we do other then playing Nabbout up top. We are still slow in transition and really don't have the quality to win games based on possession and skill.

We are solid enough defensively and we jag shitty goals when they come about. Nothing wrong with that.

BVW hasn't ruined anything and has maybe added a bit of belief that they aren't as bad and some of the guys on the Newcastle Jets Forum believe they are. Well done to him, but Ange still built this team which is 'just good enough' to make the world cup.
    Yeah but we hadn't looked good defensively under Ange since the Asian Cup we do now for the most part

love at first sight

Banned
    Ange wasnt playing a back 3 in Brazil he wouldve been now big difference
    Back 3
    Back 5
    Back 4

Really dont mean a lot

The term back 3 really is a back 5 when you are defending but dont lket that bother you that reality

Not that it mattered much but against France we played a Back 8 with Rogic lost and Nabbout headless chooking it

So formations are really neither here nor there

Back 3
    Back 5
    Back 4

Really dont mean a lot

The term back 3 really is a back 5 when you are defending but dont lket that bother you that reality

Not that it mattered much but against France we played a Back 8 with Rogic lost and Nabbout headless chooking it

So formations are really neither here nor there
    But we looked rubbish under ange past 6 months and now under bert we look decent again. Change of systems plays a big part

love at first sight

But we looked rubbish under ange past 6 months and now under bert we look decent again. Change of systems plays a big part
    Nothing at all to do with the opposition hey. "Looking decent" against France meant not getting our asses handed to us and defending most of the game.

We played well last night cause we were playing against a team who also came to play, not like most of the teams in qualifying who are happy to play like we did against France. The game last night was very open with lots of space in midfield and lots of opportunities for fast attacks with room in behind defenders - how often was this the case against the teams Ange played? Notice that when it did happen (2014 WC, Confed cup), we looked good again?

Banned
    So what is the go with this #SaveRobbieKruse stuff??

I aint seeing much criticism other than he has a honking first touch no end product shouldnt be playing and does he have blackmail photos on someone to get selection

Which really are fair and balanced points

Just watched one of Nigeria's goals and the first Swiss one.

This World Cup shows the value of having 2-3 players who can either shoot on sight or touch and shoot quickly.

The whole campaign we have never had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just watched one of Nigeria's goals and the first Swiss one.

This World Cup shows the value of having 2-3 players who can either shoot on sight or touch and shoot quickly.

The whole campaign we have never had that.
    Ahmed Musa showed us what we need up top with out system. Ran and ran and ran and when he got a wiff he took a touch close to his body and put some power behind it. 2nd goal was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ahmed Musa showed us what we need up top with out system. Ran and ran and ran and when he got a wiff he took a touch close to his body and put some power behind it. 2nd goal was good too.
    That was the one...close to my goal if the tournament so far.

Imagine Kruse or Juric with that chance.

Tim Cahill just posted a training video. Given his track record with training videos. He’s getting some time tomorrow