Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Socceroos World Cup Campaign - All 11 days of it

I have Uruguay in the sweep why would I care about Australia not getting though to the group stage ?

We have no mongrel...you could see our front three just give up trying on occassions when it got too hard.

If we had Berisha and Roy up front we would have got goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you would rather we went out at the group stage rather than progressed to the Rd16

That good thinking

Need you running the country with logic like that
    Yes because that’s exactly what I said.

how many other teams actually got worse from game 1 to game 3.

Because Australia def did.

So many teams lifted for their 3rd game even if they had no hope (hello Sth Korea) in hell of getting through.

we got worse.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

So many teams lifted for their 3rd game even if they had no hope (hello Sth Korea) in hell of getting through.

we got worse.
    Egypt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

we got worse.
    South Korea had the incentive they may avoid military service with a respectable performance.
    Though missing out on Round of 16, defeating the “World Cup Champions” gives them a bit of leverage.

we got worse.
    Only worse as in didnt score a VAR pen. Played just as average as we had all tournament

ok, do you want to see exactly whats wrong with football coverage in this country. I present to you all this garbage.

Enjoy.
    We rated each player on their performances across all three matches:

GK Mat Ryan, B -- Beaten by some outstanding and lucky strikes, Ryan was not to blame for conceding any of the goals Australia allowed, while his ability to help the team by playing out from the back was a joy to watch.

DF Aziz Behich, B+ -- The 27-year-old claimed the left-back spot for the foreseeable future with his energetic performances. His positioning in defence was excellent and he was a willing body in attack.

DF Mark Milligan, C+ -- Not the way the veteran wanted to go out. His defending and passing was timid at times, likely because his favoured position is in midfield. But he played admirably despite having to spend time exclusively in defence.

DF Trent Sainsbury, B+ -- The matches against France and Denmark highlighted why Sainsbury will be captain under incoming coach Graham Arnold in the not-too-distant future. Though he was caught out a little against Peru, his reputation certainly increased as a result of this tournament. A move to a bigger club than Jiangsu Suning surely beckons.

DF Josh Risdon, B- -- Looked particularly nervous when faced with the might of France, but Risdon slowly grew into the tournament and was clearly one of Australia's most improved players.

MF Aaron Mooy, B -- Showing glimpses of quality on both sides of the ball, the Huddersfield man would benefit from elevating his game at a bigger club. That move could well come soon, with rumours of a Manchester City buy-back in the cards.

MF Mile Jedinak, B -- Slotted home two penalties -- Australia's only goals at the tournament -- showing the poise and strength one would hope for from a captain. His passing was a touch wayward at times, but his value to this team was evident.

MF Tom Rogic, B- -- Australia's most frustrating player showed how he can dazzle when given some space against Peru, but it was arguably too little, too late by that point. The Celtic playmaker needs to find a way to make an impact, even when the style of the game isn't to his liking.

MF Robbie Kruse, B- -- The winger came in for some appalling criticism during the tournament as things got personal. That aside, his position in the starting Xi is now in serious doubt with Arzani on the scene.

MF Mathew Leckie, B -- Inconsistency ruined his World Cup. After turning in an epic performance against Denmark, the winger lacked any of that dynamism with survival on the line against Peru. His status could also be under threat if Arnold shakes up the formation (unless he is willing to play as a right-back).

FW Andrew Nabbout, B+ -- The Urawa Reds striker worked as hard as anybody before being forced off with a dislocated shoulder in the second game. He could be out for up to six months, which would be a huge blow for the player and the national team. One to watch in 2019.

FW Tomi Juric, C -- Russia 2018 was, quite simply, not a good time for Juric. After battling back from a knee injury just to make the squad, he never looked comfortable and did little to help the team.

FW Tim Cahill, B -- Made only one appearance off the bench, but played with his characteristic swagger, causing the Peruvian defenders to become nervous. Sad to see the legend depart the international stage on a sour note.

MF Jackson Irvine, B- -- Worked hard in three cameo appearances off the bench. However, his playing time did not really allow him to have much impact on any match.

MF Daniel Arzani, A- -- A new star of Australian football has been born -- maybe. The Melbourne City teenager showed so much potential, particularly against Denmark in a stunning second-half display, but now the challenge will be to continue his rise and take a starting position.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Where’s that from plague? Awful lot of B’s in there for a team that didn’t win a game, and didn’t score a goal from open play. Admittedly we didn’t get smashed by anyone, but that shouldn’t be the aim.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Where’s that from plague? Awful lot of B’s in there for a team that didn’t win a game, and didn’t score a goal from open play. Admittedly we didn’t get smashed by anyone, but that shouldn’t be the aim.
    ESPN, but to be fair its pretty much the general consensus of all media in this country.
    its like they had their minds made up before the games were even played.
    Seems like I am WRONG

When I was in Russia, I was talking to a guy on the overnight train. And when I said I was Australian, he said ahhhh, Arzani!?
    Kid has potential. But is nothing out of the ordinary right now.
    We are just shocked because we are used to wingers that never attack their defender.

I think behich is maybe the only one that can say he had a good tournament. The others all went missing or didn’t reach the level needed.
    I mean, realistically, we were up against it on paper, rankings and everything.
    Probabaly did as 90% of the World expected.

We look to the future and hopefully learn from previous mistakes. .

Arzani is trash.

ok, do you want to see exactly whats wrong with football coverage in this country. I present to you all this garbage.

Enjoy.
    How does any of our players besides maybe GK Sainsbury and our FBs have get anything over a C. We scored jack all and struggled to create anything
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    When I was in Russia, I was talking to a guy on the overnight train. And when I said I was Australian, he said ahhhh, Arzani!?
    Kid has potential. But is nothing out of the ordinary right now.
    We are just shocked because we are used to wingers that never attack their defender.

I think behich is maybe the only one that can say he had a good tournament. The others all went missing or didn’t reach the level needed.
    I mean, realistically, we were up against it on paper, rankings and everything.
    Probabaly did as 90% of the World expected.

We look to the future and hopefully learn from previous mistakes. .
    You just summed up everything wrong with Australian Football atm
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    ESPN, but to be fair its pretty much the general consensus of all media in this country.
    its like they had their minds made up before the games were even played.
    Thats a big statement there

They had their minbds made up??

Between them the football media in this country are lucky to have one new idea between them a season

Seriously they are pathetic

Just one big circle jerk of back slapping staying in the clique going on

FFS Lowy Gallop and co give them more than enough ammo to really ask some serious questions of theor running of the game

And the cunce dont say a word

FFA currently causing problem after problem with the code and they not even holding them to account

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You just summed up everything wrong with Australian Football atm
    That is because the Dutch Mango suckers philosophy is possession

They dont believe in beating players with deception
    They dont believe in beating players with running off the ball
    They dont believe in beating players by bypassing numnerous players with a longer ball
    They dont believe in beating players with improverisation

They only believe a structured formation and in moving the ball side to side and retaining possession looking for a hole because someone doesnt hold his position