Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What now For Skip Football- The way ahead

Plague. Are the trials free entry?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Plague. Are the trials free entry?
    Yes.

Our club got a SAP licence. We don't have juniors within the club.

Our first trial attracted 2 kids.

We advertised and I personally visited 15 primary schools to drop off flyers the week prior to our second trial (fresh in the mind).

Our second trial attracted 9 kids.

I begged NNSW Football for help in approaching other clubs and emailing every under 8 kid from the season before. They have the database to do this. The result was that our licence was revoked.

There are similar stories at other Premier clubs.

I am sure that there are dozens of kids out there that missed out with their club that we could have helped improve but they never got to trial with us.

We will apply again this year and do all we can to recruit.

If any of you know kids that might be interested PM me. If your club has a SAP squad but good kids that aren't in it but are good enough, PM me. Advance the kids, don't hang on to them.

NNSW could essfully email every under 8 kid with every SAP trial date so a larger catchment is informed.

Banned
    Nice to see Robbie Slater teeing off at Schwab and the PFA on Twitter about the obscene amount of money the Socceroos are getting

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Nice to see Robbie Slater teeing off at Schwab and the PFA on Twitter about the obscene amount of money the Socceroos are getting
    Robbie is a bit bored this off season
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

In Norway at the moment and made it my goal to visit this pitch.
    When I got there, at maybe 3:30 in the afternoon the place was packed. They’ve got goals all along the side, artificial pitch, anybody can use it. Their little island would be home to no more than 500.
    Yet, they have this facility which would put a lot of our suburban fields to shame.
    Waited til people left and took my drone up.

https://ibb.co/kAEpGd

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    In Norway at the moment and made it my goal to visit this pitch.
    When I got there, at maybe 3:30 in the afternoon the place was packed. They’ve got goals all along the side, artificial pitch, anybody can use it. Their little island would be home to no more than 500.
    Yet, they have this facility which would put a lot of our suburban fields to shame.
    Waited til people left and took my drone up.

https://ibb.co/kAEpGd
    Fantastic that they can have that

Compare that with NNSW

2 artificial pitches and a handful of 5 a side fields which are closed to the public for free useage and just a cash cow for Northern to fund their entourage of staff

So exactly why have none of the NNSW NPL clubs gone for the artificial pitches
    Sydney NPL it pretty much 90% have them

Akso why have Northern not went cap in hgand to givernmemt again to replicate thge LMRFF somewhere else whether that be Newy Maitland Taree Coffs Harbour etc??

Fantastic that they can have that

Compare that with NNSW

2 artificial pitches and a handful of 5 a side fields which are closed to the public for free useage and just a cash cow for Northern to fund their entourage of staff

So exactly why have none of the NNSW NPL clubs gone for the artificial pitches
    Sydney NPL it pretty much 90% have them

Akso why have Northern not went cap in hgand to givernmemt again to replicate thge LMRFF somewhere else whether that be Newy Maitland Taree Coffs Harbour etc??
    again, this new program has the kids playing on 1st grade grounds all across the Hunter. They play all their games (except one venue)on carpet surfaces. Magic Park, Edden oval, the Jets facility out at Lakes.
    Again, not sure if previous years its been done like that but it was a big selling point, and the one time they have to play on the shitty ground you can tell the differnce it makes in their football.

Top quality grounds are such an important part, and my word one of those venues up the valley should be a priority, as well as a 2nd one closer to the centre of Newy (district park tennis courts, part of the National Park area perhaps?).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

This pitch was open to everyone. Could drive right up to the field and probably around it, onto it even.
    It’s in pristine condition.
    Not sure if they could do something like that in Newcastle without it being destroyed by people. Would obviously need to be fenced off and controlled.

But yes. I know there’s questions about the quality of artificial pitches and the effects on the body.
    But yes, I agree. It would be great if Macquarie, Newcastle and Hunter Valley all had one facility.

When I played, our club hired a top class surface for training once a week. And even the quality of training on such a good surface was so much better.

Idk.
    Seem like this SAP is a good step forward.
    Are these only NPL clubs with SAP licenses??

NPL and NEWFM

Banned
    So serious question

Why do these coaching courses cost the individual money and why are they not free from the FFA??

After all if you want people to essentially volunteer their time and expertise to teach plkayers skills tactics technique etc to make them better footballers

Why do the FFA see educatinbg coaches as a profit motive business rather than a free education system to educate the football public??

I think beginner coaching should 100% be free. Parents educating young players is paramount and I seem to remember my junior club offering free coaching clinic day for the parents that wanted to coach. That was ages ago.

I guess, devils advocate, they charge because their course allows people to make money.
    Same premise if university costing money. Same reason doctors pay thousands to attend conferences that help them treat patients better.

I’d be interested so see pricing structure for courses though..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think beginner coaching should 100% be free. Parents educating young players is paramount and I seem to remember my junior club offering free coaching clinic day for the parents that wanted to coach. That was ages ago.

I guess, devils advocate, they charge because their course allows people to make money.
    Same premise if university costing money. Same reason doctors pay thousands to attend conferences that help them treat patients better.

I’d be interested so see pricing structure for courses though..
    Go one better

It should be 100% free at all levels

It is just the passing on of knowledge about the game

They aint providing anything that is top secret or patented

The more education we can get into people is only going to help us immensely

To limit the supply of this knowledge to make profit is negligence and criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Our club got a SAP licence. We don't have juniors within the club.

Our first trial attracted 2 kids.

We advertised and I personally visited 15 primary schools to drop off flyers the week prior to our second trial (fresh in the mind).

Our second trial attracted 9 kids.

I begged NNSW Football for help in approaching other clubs and emailing every under 8 kid from the season before. They have the database to do this. The result was that our licence was revoked.

There are similar stories at other Premier clubs.

I am sure that there are dozens of kids out there that missed out with their club that we could have helped improve but they never got to trial with us.

We will apply again this year and do all we can to recruit.

If any of you know kids that might be interested PM me. If your club has a SAP squad but good kids that aren't in it but are good enough, PM me. Advance the kids, don't hang on to them.

NNSW could essfully email every under 8 kid with every SAP trial date so a larger catchment is informed.
    I have been asking NNSW to do the same thing to help make sure the girls who are passionate about their football find their way to the WPL 14's and 17's - but no luck after 3 years of trying....

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    I have been asking NNSW to do the same thing to help make sure the girls who are passionate about their football find their way to the WPL 14's and 17's - but no luck after 3 years of trying....
    Our club has a development program for girls U/9's this year.

Not sure if it was part of the same FFA boys program or if its club specific but there's def clubs out there trying to get the girls firing..

oh god, we are rooted. arnold to ruin two generations at the same time by coaching the Socceroos and the U-23s national team

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/08/0...-the-ollyroos/

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    oh god, we are rooted. arnold to ruin two generations at the same time by coaching the Socceroos and the U-23s national team

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/08/0...-the-ollyroos/
    Yeah.. I thought it was a horrible joke..
    It's not..

Banned
    Dykes a big loss to Australia

Dominant in the air, tireless in his application and deft in possession, the Gold Coast-born attacker was the embodiment of a modern-day target man as Scotland defeated Serbia on penalties yesterday in Belgrade to reach their first major tournament in 22 lean years.
    Legendary Rangers and Scotland striker Kenny Miller, now assistant to Carl Robinson at Western Sydney Wanderers, believes Dykes is the answer to Clarke’s prayers and has made the number nine spot his own.

He also believes the forward he recommended to his friend, Queens Park Rangers coach Mark Warburton, is the one that got away for Australia.
    “Dykes is physical, quick and mobile - and puts himself about,” said Miller.
    “He’s quickly made that spot in the Scotland team his own, and it’s a position that’s been crying out for somebody to take by the scruff of the neck.
    “He’s a handful all around and gives you that option to go direct, whilst also being a technically good footballer.
    “It’s a loss for Australia for sure but it’s also important not to heap too much pressure on him so early in his international career, and portray him as a kind of saviour.
    “I’m sure Australia would love to have him but these things happen - he had a big decision to make and now it’s boosted his profile and given himself the chance to show what he can do on a world stage.”

Arnold and Meulensteen were convinced Dykes, 25, had a foot in the Socceroos camp until his switch to the Championship, with a change of heart kicking in when he arrived at Loftus Road from Livingston before the start of the season on a $4 million deal.
    Miller, who scored 18 goals in 69 appearances for Scotland, isn’t convinced the QPR move sealed the deal in terms of opting for Scotland, the land of Dykes’ parents and extended family.
    “Who knows?” he added. “But I suspect the decision was purely down to him (and nothing to do with pressure from QPR to limit the long distance involved in representing Australia).
    “He’s shown he can take that step (with three goals in nine games) and now he’s proving he can also do it at international level.
    “He’s at the stage of his career now where you don’t know where he’s going to end up.”
    Dykes now has group games against Czech Republic, England and Croatia to look forward to at Euro 2021, with two of those at Hampden Park.
    And Dykes, who has scored twice so far for his adopted country, will be back in action again as group leaders Scotland tackle Slovakia in the Nations League on Monday (AEDT).
    He revealed how hard it was to make the call after the Serbia game, saying that choosing Australia would have been “taking the easy route”.
    “It was really hard," he told the BBC. “You look at Australia as an easy route really. You can go to World Cups, you can qualify for things easier, just stuff like that.
    "A lot of their players … I’m looking at their teams, I’m looking at my career, I’m looking at my opportunity to play.
    "So, at the end of the day I kind of went with my gut feeling and my heart.
    “I know I was born in Australia but I think from the get-go I was always saying Scotland in my head and even in my gut.
    "I said to my wife and said 'Scotland', and she said 'are you sure?', and I said 'yeah'. We went back and forth.
    "So it was a really hard decision but it’s something I do not regret one bit because I’ve loved every moment of it.
    "Being in Australia I had opportunities to play professional but I always got turned down. I always was not good enough for this and that and then obviously coming over here it gave me my whole career."
    Aussies ever have any idea?