Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Joke that is the Emerging Jets Program

Banned

The Joke that is the Emerging Jets Program

Now I am gonna start the thread and allow a few others to kick it off with their thoughts on the program before I give it my personal caning.

Today I went and watched all 3 Grades in Rd 1 of the NPL and **** me was I not impressed by what I am seeing from Newy's supposedly elite program

Matter of fact it left me raging watching the circus of shite that was dished up by the kids

It has been going now for what 5 years and I see that many issues that neither the Jets or NNSW choose to rectify

Thoughts People

????

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Now I am gonna start the thread and allow a few others to kick it off with their thoughts on the program before I give it my personal caning.

Today I went and watched all 3 Grades in Rd 1 of the NPL and **** me was I not impressed by what I am seeing from Newy's supposedly elite program

Matter of fact it left me raging watching the circus of shite that was dished up by the kids

It has been going now for what 5 years and I see that many issues that neither the Jets or NNSW choose to rectify

Thoughts People

????
    elite daycare program

Thoughts People

????
    Could be more specific?

What issues need to be rectified?

Shit, must be serious. You're normally such a calm dude.

Anyway, 5 years of issues at the senior levels and in the ownership and you're surprised there are issues at lower level?

What are you expecting?
    There is no money to invest in it, Tinkler gave it back 12 months after announcing the program to much fanfare. NNSW doesnt have the money to fund it properly either. Its basically in a holding pattern (much like the club itself) until a new owner comes in to take it all over again.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    elite daycare program

This.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    What are you expecting?
    There is no money to invest in it, Tinkler gave it back 12 months after announcing the program to much fanfare. NNSW doesnt have the money to fund it properly either. Its basically in a holding pattern (much like the club itself) until a new owner comes in to take it all over again.
    If investment in juniors was a worthwhile pursuit West Ham would be top of the EPL. I'd much rather be the club that free rides on the development programs of other clubs by poaching kids once they become the finished product.

don't have to improve much to make the jerks first team my G, easy rewards

Banned
    Lets just clarify a few things first.

Northern is funding it. So it ain't any different to any other State Feds elite program.
    Other states can spit out talented players from their system with less resources than NNSW has so money ain't the issue

The Biggest issue to me is the coaching department and technical director and their bullshit pie in the sky philosophy that shows they have NFI that football is a simple game that requires scoring more goals than the opponent.

Yesterday watching the 19s and 22s just showed that this program is actually going backwards.

These kids have been in the system now for a couple of years. They should be constantly getting better every year with each generation stronger than the last. That isn't happening. They are honestly getting worse.

The kids do not understand the system the way they should and are being screwed over by people highly inflexible in their approach.

These kids are being taught nothing about winning, they are being taught nothing about defending, they are being played out of position, they are being screwed by coaches that inflexible to tweak the tactics to win games.

They are actually being held back from making it to the HAL or where ever they can end up by the very people who should be developing their games.

So is this program for the kids with ability or those with the financial parents ?. Because all too often the money comes first.

To establish the correct criteria might help somewhat IMO.

Look who the head coach is. No more needs to be said.

Lets just clarify a few things first.

Northern is funding it. So it ain't any different to any other State Feds elite program.
    Other states can spit out talented players from their system with less resources than NNSW has so money ain't the issue

The Biggest issue to me is the coaching department and technical director and their bullshit pie in the sky philosophy that shows they have NFI that football is a simple game that requires scoring more goals than the opponent.

Yesterday watching the 19s and 22s just showed that this program is actually going backwards.

These kids have been in the system now for a couple of years. They should be constantly getting better every year with each generation stronger than the last. That isn't happening. They are honestly getting worse.

The kids do not understand the system the way they should and are being screwed over by people highly inflexible in their approach.

These kids are being taught nothing about winning, they are being taught nothing about defending, they are being played out of position, they are being screwed by coaches that inflexible to tweak the tactics to win games.

They are actually being held back from making it to the HAL or where ever they can end up by the very people who should be developing their games.
    without having huge knowledge

coaches from under 6's to under 19's would be coaching those teams out of a FFA booklet.

the NPL teams are smart, they just outmuscle them out off the game and it all goes haywire.

the NPL idea is excellent IMO and they should be preparing them for what to expect.

Unfortunately it seems at training they are still following the handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

coaches from under 6's to under 19's would be coaching those teams out of a FFA booklet.

the NPL teams are smart, they just outmuscle them out off the game and it all goes haywire.

the NPL idea is excellent IMO and they should be preparing them for what to expect.

basically. But theres also that political part where some lads there are not always the best as well

The 15's team in the U17 comp last year was an interesting story.

Start of season GVE was coaching them, low to mid table about half way through. Fullbacks getting nose bleeds most of the game from being so high.

Taylor Regan did a short stint (unfortunately just before Adamstown played them - they scored three goals off corners with headers - one thing Taylors teams are always strong at)

Clayton takes over, they climb to top 4, go on to win the GF (by a couple of goals).

To me that highlights most of the issue. They became a much more pragmatic team - not many changes in personnel that I was aware of.

best ever coach with the youth side was always Arthur papas. He did have pepper and chapman at his disposal after they had both made a league debuts but had them playing excellently and played the game according to how it was faring.

Jerks would be smart to have that man involved IMO.

Hail Body!

Banned
    without having huge knowledge

The physicality aspect is in some ways a weak excuse offered up for the failings of the coaching.

The kids are playing up grades every year against bigger stronger players. After a few years they should be adapting much better than they are.
    If they are not this is the coaching departments fault. It is a tactic their opponent uses and they as coaches have to coach the team and players to adapt and counter this. Not just bury there heads in the sand on it.

Physicality is a two way street. The kids also have advantages in fitness and speed that they can use also. It aint like it is one way street for the bigger taller stronger players.

Football isnt rugby anyway so physical qualities are not superior to skill anyway. Messi is 5ft **** all and makes men bigger and stronger than him look ordinary.
    Skill always triumphs when applied correctly

As for the FFA coaching manual. The coaches coaching this seem to have NFI. It ain't rocket science this game. Their implementation of it at times is a ****ing disgrace with blokes in plum roles struggling to set teams up correctly and ignoring some basic fundamentals of football in general and also the key features of the 4-3-3 formation and how it works effectively

The physicality aspect is in some ways a weak excuse offered up for the failings of the coaching.

The kids are playing up grades every year against bigger stronger players. After a few years they should be adapting much better than they are.
    If they are not this is the coaching departments fault. It is a tactic their opponent uses and they as coaches have to coach the team and players to adapt and counter this. Not just bury there heads in the sand on it.

Physicality is a two way street. The kids also have advantages in fitness and speed that they can use also. It aint like it is one way street for the bigger taller stronger players.

Football isnt rugby anyway so physical qualities are not superior to skill anyway. Messi is 5ft **** all and makes men bigger and stronger than him look ordinary.
    Skill always triumphs when applied correctly

As for the FFA coaching manual. The coaches coaching this seem to have NFI. It ain't rocket science this game. Their implementation of it at times is a ****ing disgrace with blokes in plum roles struggling to set teams up correctly and ignoring some basic fundamentals of football in general and also the key features of the 4-3-3 formation and how it works effectively

no doubt about the other side too physicality and this comes back to coaching and what they are doing in training.

instead of working on on the ball challenges and how to deal with it they are probably working on short corners.

the 4-3-3 is just the dutch way the FFA wants implemented, Good coaches can implement it right i.e. Ange with the socceroos.

in 10 years time all teams will play like Brisbane roar did when they won it and the reverse will happen. Some old school coach will come in and play 4-4-2 lump it long and win games.

It seems from this forum that is a mix off the players and coaches but I think at the end off the day it needs independent running from the Jets HQ as compared to NNSW which is just not going to happen anytime soon.

Hail Body!

Banned
    no doubt about the other side too physicality and this comes back to coaching and what they are doing in training.

instead of working on on the ball challenges and how to deal with it they are probably working on short corners.

the 4-3-3 is just the dutch way the FFA wants implemented, Good coaches can implement it right i.e. Ange with the socceroos.

in 10 years time all teams will play like Brisbane roar did when they won it and the reverse will happen. Some old school coach will come in and play 4-4-2 lump it long and win games.

It seems from this forum that is a mix off the players and coaches but I think at the end off the day it needs independent running from the Jets HQ as compared to NNSW which is just not going to happen anytime soon.
    Difference with Ange to most of these other frauds coaching is that Ange uses the 4-3-3 as the basis of his formation. He then tweaks it and evolves it all the time.

The Roar played differently to Victree and both different to his Socceroos

He actually has an idea that isn't set in stone.

We have someone who is trying to impart his ideology that he failed with professional footballers on kids.

As for short corners

Thats a good point.

They do insist on them. Stupidest part is they push the big kids from the back into the box. Then they play it short. **** it up lose the ball and everyone out of position.

If they have no intent of crossing the ball in as they have been instructed to maintain possession then please explain the insanity of that???

I don't know how you can raise kids playing football and only teach them 1 formation

no wonder all our junior socceroos are struggling
    best thing for any good junior can do is go overseas as young as you can

The problem I have is the middle class welfare aspect. Probably some great talent out there but their parents cant afford it.