Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Euro Nations League

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,958

    Euro Nations League

    anyone else slowly warming to this weird competition?

    It currently Spain 0 England 3 at half time - which is making me question everything

  2. #2
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Possession doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything with it.
    Spain underestimated the quality of Rashford, Sterling, Kane and the press of the English midfield. Spains highline in defense is a by product of "tika taka" and Southgate exploited it perfectly.
    Throughly professional job from England.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  3. #3
    parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parkseys mum
    Posts
    800,851,425
    I'm loving the Nations League, it's the lower ranked teams that have been awesome to watch now they have competetive games. Gibraltar's first couple of wins were good fun to watch.

    Germany have been painful to watch

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    Germany against france were just woeful up front... should have been 3-4 up going into the second half....

    For its first time going I think its taking alot of people time to understand the setup..

    But If they keep doing it, long run I think its a good idea... to promote national football teams and for them to play better and in more meaningful games...

    the usual always having friendlies doest = pressure of a game with something riding on it...

    will make euro nations stronger I think
    Amigos Aarau

  5. #5
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,958
    the main downside to it I think is a lack of rest time for top players as every weekend is a competitive fixture

    plus if Euro teams only ever play other Euro teams then they'll consolidate money and power but it may come at a cost of being a bit samey samey

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    i see your point.. but its up to every nation to choose which players play... i look at the swiss team and we had a changes between game against belgium and Iceland... it allows also to blood younger players in not just a friendly...

    Nations still play friendlies and can against other nations in the world... from as far as i know this wont be run every year but just between the 2 qualification rounds for EM and WM etc.

    With the promotion and relegation allows for different teams up and down.

    Do understand the samey samey but could also allow for innovation
    Amigos Aarau

  7. #7
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,242
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    i see your point.. but its up to every nation to choose which players play... i look at the swiss team and we had a changes between game against belgium and Iceland... it allows also to blood younger players in not just a friendly...

    Nations still play friendlies and can against other nations in the world... from as far as i know this wont be run every year but just between the 2 qualification rounds for EM and WM etc.

    With the promotion and relegation allows for different teams up and down.

    Do understand the samey samey but could also allow for innovation
    Thonk you may find it is a fore runner idea for something


    You will get more money out of a league involving NTs than club sides
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Thonk you may find it is a fore runner idea for something


    You will get more money out of a league involving NTs than club sides
    Thats the thing, yes national teams in some countries are loved to the be all and end all... but people have more of a connection to actual clubs.....

    but then again they dont care about the fans... albeit there is always a turning and over priced point...
    Amigos Aarau

  9. #9
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,242
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Thats the thing, yes national teams in some countries are loved to the be all and end all... but people have more of a connection to actual clubs.....

    but then again they dont care about the fans... albeit there is always a turning and over priced point...
    Clubs dont encompass anything that NTs can do

    No matter what the Jets do the Socceroos can pull me further than dynamite can blow me

    Just ask the Croationbs out there what the last WC run was like for them??
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  10. #10
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,958
    this is turning out to be quite exciting after all

    I'd thought the three team leagues was a crap idea but as the England Croatia game showed it leads to high drama

    I'd actually like to see Asia do something similar (split between East Asia and West Asia preferably)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,268
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this is turning out to be quite exciting after all

    I'd thought the three team leagues was a crap idea but as the England Croatia game showed it leads to high drama

    I'd actually like to see Asia do something similar (split between East Asia and West Asia preferably)
    There was a great deal riding on that game. Win and you go to the finals. Lose or Draw and you're relegated. Talk about pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  12. #12
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Within the space of 27 minutes it went from Croatia going through to Spain going through to England going through.
    Spain absolutely bottled it and Loven made a fool of himself, great scenes all round.

    How good was Ethan Ampadu dishing out his justice in the Welsh game.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    Awesome come from behind win by the swiss last night against belgium.... needed to win by plus 2 goals... smashed 5-2
    Amigos Aarau

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •