Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Thread

UFC Thread

Massive blowups going on today..
    Dan Henderson was supposed to fight Jon Bones Jones (for the light-heavyweight world title) in 8 days time but got injured, and apparently Jones is now refusing to fight any replacement..
    Dana White is going beserk.. hahahaha

Chael Sonnen said he would go up a weight class, fly to Las Vegas and fight him anywhere, anytime..
    Once you get past the amazing amount of crap he speaks, he is actually hilarious. I can't work out if he is a lunatic or just a genius comedian..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I can't work out if he is a lunatic or just a genius comedian
    Definitely a bit of both! Lunatic makes up a large portion of it though me thinks.

Will be very interesting to see what happens.

Only got pay tv 6 days ago and i hadn't watched much UFC before, only highlights. I was channell flicking and i come acrosss some UFC show (UFC Unleashed i think) so i watched it. It was the start of the 3rd round against 2 guys (no idea of names). One bloke had a massive egg right next to his right eye and i don't think he could see out of it at all. His eye got smashed again in the 3rd round and was pissing out blood. Anyway the guy got choked out and i'm yet to see him move. I'll be trying to watch a bit more from now on.

This weekend has UFC 153 on.. Not the greatest card ever seen, but Anderson Silva Vs Stephan Bonnar should be a bit of alright. Can't see Bonnar coming even close to beating him, but the bloke can take a punch (or kicks to the noggin') and has a massive heart, so at least could be a good fight to watch. Bonnar is paying a decent amount for the win too, so could be worth a roughie bet in case of a severe upset..

Oh yeah, just realised this should be in the "Sports Bar" section..

This weekend has UFC 153 on.. Not the greatest card ever seen, but Anderson Silva Vs Stephan Bonnar should be a bit of alright. Can't see Bonnar coming even close to beating him, but the bloke can take a punch (or kicks to the noggin') and has a massive heart, so at least could be a good fight to watch. Bonnar is paying a decent amount for the win too, so could be worth a roughie bet in case of a severe upset..

Oh yeah, just realised this should be in the "Sports Bar" section..
    will go alright bonnar is an absolute lunatic, only chris leben can take such a beating to the head imo

Bump..

Well, Bonnar got worked, then failed his drug test and copped a 1 year ban..
    I'm looking forward to UFC 154 next weekend (Sunday morning, 18th Nov for us).. GSP Vs Condit is going to be immense..

GSP Vs Condit last night..
    One of the best UFC fights I've seen in a long time.. It had a bit of everything.. I definitely should have stayed home to watch it live instead of going to watch the pea-hearted performance yesterday..

Anyone else frothing at the gash for UFC on Sunday??
    GSP Vs Nick Diaz..
    Its been a long time coming and probably one of the most anticipated match ups in UFC history (apart from getting Silva to take on GSP)..
    Diaz is back after his ban for smoking weed, and has been talking some decent smack (as usual) and actually getting GSP to fire back verbally a bit, which he normally doesn't do..

I'm going for Diaz, but I think GSP is just too good and will come through with the 5 round decision - he won't be able to finish him..

Well what a disappointment that fight was. Yet ANOTHER fight where GSP just stops a takedown and lays on the bloke for 5 rounds, unable to do much damage or finish him. In saying that, he was the smarter and better fighter.. Diaz didn't let his hands go and only showed rare glimpses of what he is actually capable of..

The Condit Vs Hendricks fight should have been the main drawcard.. It had a bit of everything, got so much respect for Condit out of it..

Wait.. Starting to wonder why I keep writing in this thread? Surely there are other UFC fans on here??? hahaha

I am here but apart from saying "well said" I don't have anything to add as you summed it up well :-)

Have you been watching TUF?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Have you been watching TUF?
    Yeah I've been downloading the episodes each week.. Actually, Ep 8 should have come out last night!!! Will be getting that when I get home..
    Its been a pretty decent season to watch so far, I'm pretty surprised by Sonnen though.. I thought he would have taken a completely different angle as coach, like been a complete tool, not Jones' mate..
    You been getting in to it Pistolpete??

Whoever put it up on youtube did a shitty job editing it, but you get the jist of the knockout..
    Fvcking nasty..

hunt - dos santos will be great, 2 awesome strikers and hunt has an iron chin

ufc160 will be a good day out for the big marns, carn

Yeah I've been downloading the episodes each week.. Actually, Ep 8 should have come out last night!!! Will be getting that when I get home..
    Its been a pretty decent season to watch so far, I'm pretty surprised by Sonnen though.. I thought he would have taken a completely different angle as coach, like been a complete tool, not Jones' mate..
    You been getting in to it Pistolpete??
    Yeah it has been a great season so far. Not as much stupid behaviour, more decent fights. I wasn't sure about Sonnen at the start but i really like him as a coach. He is much better than Jones in that respect. I really hate that Josh Samman bloke. He seems to be able to manipulate the coaches into giving him the easier fights and is just a tool in general. Episode 8 was quite good, was a very technical fight rather than them just banging like i expected. Won't give away any more than that except to say that the quarters should be good even though the matchups were not what i expected. As long as Josh gets his head knocked off i'll be happy

Whoever put it up on youtube did a shitty job editing it, but you get the jist of the knockout..
    Fvcking nasty..
    Was an insane knockout. He was doing quite well to that point too. He may have been in the running for the wildcard if he didn't get knocked out so bad

holy shit what a ****ing kick, brutal

holy ****ing **** **** **** ****.
    that was absolutly nuts

was that billy slater ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    was that billy slater ?