Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 4 | Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC | Sat 10th Nov 2018 750pm

Dimi is a great footballer but he needs to be more versatile. Vargas is the benchmark for our team [if not the league] and we should set up how ever best suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You are correct that is exactly how the signing off Jair was described to us. I noted on social media last evening many cracks at Hoff but this not on Hoff as such but lay very much on Ernie and Lawrie for the poor planning , selecting of players and there starting positions.
    was going to type things but here it is already so now ima crack a beer and wait for the gypos to get a whoopin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

We have the best #10 in the comp by a country mile and incompetent management has failed him the first 4 rounds.

Am I the only one concerned about Topor?
    This year he's been clumsy at least 2-3 times per game (see the missed header that gave LeFondre a great chance in the first half). He also was in charge of Brosq**t when he scored.
    Boogs was great defensively, also thanks to the work of Kanta, immense yesterday (just don't let him try long passes...).
    Can't understand a game plan based on shooting long balls to Hoffman: FFS we have players that are more than capable of building play from the back, and we rely on this stupid strategy resulting in the ball handed to the opposition every single time.
    I think Jackson played a good game, yes he was out of position for their goal but he defended well and had a few good moments building play.
    The real issue here is the lack of movement up front: Jair, Vargas and Dimi speak different languages at the moment, can't really blame it on Hoff (who's NOT a striker) if there is no communication behind him.
    Dimi is a bit of a mistery right now: however, look at the little chat he and Cowburn had before the goal... looks like Cowburn told him exactly what he was going to do, and Dimi put the ball in the perfect place - that was great to see.
    Georgievski is a bit lost on the right... I'd move him to the left, Hoff RB.

And please PLEASE enough with the "Stand up - jump" BS

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Am I the only one concerned about Topor?
    This year he's been clumsy at least 2-3 times per game (see the missed header that gave LeFondre a great chance in the first half). He also was in charge of Brosq**t when he scored.
    Boogs was great defensively, also thanks to the work of Kanta, immense yesterday (just don't let him try long passes...).
    Can't understand a game plan based on shooting long balls to Hoffman: FFS we have players that are more than capable of building play from the back, and we rely on this stupid strategy resulting in the ball handed to the opposition every single time.
    I think Jackson played a good game, yes he was out of position for their goal but he defended well and had a few good moments building play.
    The real issue here is the lack of movement up front: Jair, Vargas and Dimi speak different languages at the moment, can't really blame it on Hoff (who's NOT a striker) if there is no communication behind him.
    Dimi is a bit of a mystery right now: however, look at the little chat he and Cowburn had before the goal... looks like Cowburn told him exactly what he was going to do, and Dimi put the ball in the perfect place - that was great to see.
    Georgievski is a bit lost on the right... I'd move him to the left, Hoff RB.

And please PLEASE enough with the "Stand up - jump" BS
    Le Fondre's goal scoring streak ended yesterday so a bit rough to call out NTS given he's done better than anyone else so far this season marking him.

Ernie will have Champness and Roy back in December or so and possibly Johnny K - which makes us a hell of a lot stronger all over the park.
    Sydney last night demonstrated that they are vulnerable and at our full strength I can't see them giving us too many problems.

Call the engraver - trophy is ours.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-11-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Banned
    Remember when Smurfs were good. Neither do I.

Jets havent even started the season yet. They still in pre season havin a laugh

It was very obvious that our forwards were staying narrow too often when we are building up from the back. Not sure if this is under instruction, so that boogs and Topor can launch a ball to Hoff and try to have people nearby to collect scraps, but that is such a rubbish strategy, even when Hoff is winning headers - he usually does well at this but hardly won a thing on the weekend.

The amount of times the ball was played out to our fullbacks who looked up the line wanting to see the winger showing feet and saw noone at all available to pass to was no doubt as frustrating for them as it was for us.

Listening to the pre season interview the Jetstream did with Ernie, he said he wants his three forwards playing as "strikers", not one striker and two wingers, with the width to come from the fullbacks. That's all well and good once we're up at their box, we want to get the fullbacks up and down the outside. But to get to that point you need the wide forwards stretching wide to provide easy options for ball progression, as well as freeing up more space in the centre when the opposing fullbacks have to come wide to mark them. At the moment our whole front 4 just stay within 20 metres of each other right near the centre backs, leaving no options but for a long ball to be played in to them. Starting positions of these wide players has to change.

Jackson had a great game I thought.

Georgievski has been pretty average so far this season. Should put Hoffy back to RB and drop him to the bench, and reshuffle the forward line. Whether that's Shepherd into striker or Jair up top.

The other thing mentioned by Ernie in the interview was that he wants Dimi close to Ronny so that when Ronny is marked or double teamed, Dimi is close by to take advantage of that. Fair enough perhaps, but I still think that concept needs tinkering with (imo leave it to further up the pitch, or for quick counters, not slow buildup), because having all the attackers narrow and no wide options is killing us at the moment.

I'm not too concerned yet, I think we will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It was very obvious that our forwards were staying narrow too often when we are building up from the back. Not sure if this is under instruction, so that boogs and Topor can launch a ball to Hoff and try to have people nearby to collect scraps, but that is such a rubbish strategy, even when Hoff is winning headers - he usually does well at this but hardly won a thing on the weekend.

The amount of times the ball was played out to our fullbacks who looked up the line wanting to see the winger showing feet and saw noone at all available to pass to was no doubt as frustrating for them as it was for us.

Listening to the pre season interview the Jetstream did with Ernie, he said he wants his three forwards playing as "strikers", not one striker and two wingers, with the width to come from the fullbacks. That's all well and good once we're up at their box, we want to get the fullbacks up and down the outside. But to get to that point you need the wide forwards stretching wide to provide easy options for ball progression, as well as freeing up more space in the centre when the opposing fullbacks have to come wide to mark them. At the moment our whole front 4 just stay within 20 metres of each other right near the centre backs, leaving no options but for a long ball to be played in to them. Starting positions of these wide players has to change.

Jackson had a great game I thought.

Georgievski has been pretty average so far this season. Should put Hoffy back to RB and drop him to the bench, and reshuffle the forward line. Whether that's Shepherd into striker or Jair up top.

The other thing mentioned by Ernie in the interview was that he wants Dimi close to Ronny so that when Ronny is marked or double teamed, Dimi is close by to take advantage of that. Fair enough perhaps, but I still think that concept needs tinkering with (imo leave it to further up the pitch, or for quick counters, not slow buildup), because having all the attackers narrow and no wide options is killing us at the moment.

I'm not too concerned yet, I think we will get there.
    Your not going to get width or consistent attacking play from FB with Jackson at LB
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/her...tm_term=979072

Ummm...the big girl in the blue at the end of this Cowbie goal clip. The one going off like a fish milkshake.
    What strip and scarf is she wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    https://www.a-league.com.au/news/her...tm_term=979072

Ummm...the big girl in the blue at the end of this Cowbie goal clip. The one going off like a fish milkshake.
    What strip and scarf is she wearing?