Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 4 | Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC | Sat 10th Nov 2018 750pm

And god I hate being told by a knob with a mic to stand up, sit down and make noize for my Noocastle Jets....ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Jair isnt making any runs either and he isnt shooting or beating his man
    well geez, he should be pretty easy to drop then huh.i mean, a multiple GF winning coach should be able to spot such fundamental flaws yeah?

unless of course, its 'you' that doesnt know what youre talking about..........
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    well geez, he should be pretty easy to drop then huh.i mean, a multiple GF winning coach should be able to spot such fundamental flaws yeah?

unless of course, its 'you' that doesnt know what youre talking about..........
    Yet the same bloke cant spot that Jackson doesnt make those runs as a full back and keeps picking him there
    Yet the same bloke cant spot that Hoffman aint a strikers arsehole yet keeps picking him there
    Yet the same bloke cant spot Johnny Ks ability and build a side around him as the focal point
    Yet the same bloke got tactically outwitted by Kevin Muscat of all people costing himself another GF win
    Yet the same bloke keeps picking Boogaard in the side

What you talking about??

Thought Moss was poor for the goal.

Brosque is a ****

Hoff ain’t a striker but I feel for him being shaft into the position.
    Jair ain’t a winger, but still a decent player we could utilise better.

Thurgate should be given a few cracks in the coming weeks.

Ugar was one of our best, esp first half. Him and Kanta did really well I thought.

Dimi just isn’t clicking atm. Looks slow, bad touch, trying to do too much. Never thought I’d say it but hopefully some time with Graham Arnold will help him. Not so much Arnold, but being in the national team set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    And god I hate being told by a knob with a mic to stand up, sit down and make noize for my Noocastle Jets....ffs.
    Me too. It's embarrassing and actually disrupted the atmosphere that generating at those moments..

Then Lawrie taking the mic to chant at the end...hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Also Shaun Evans is a honkingly bad referee.

And it's like everyone has to rollout the red carpet and bow down to Sydney fc when they come to town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

why you hate being correct and right all the time?
    im only here to help my brother.
    I thought I made a mistake once. But I was wrong.

If it's any consolation, I'm agreeing with you a lot these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Me too. It's embarrassing and actually disrupted the atmosphere that generating at those moments..

Then Lawrie taking the mic to chant at the end...hmmmmm
    In the last five minutes the crowd was coming into it like the same game last year but it got distracted by the announcements.

When the "jump" was ordered sure Bay 1 does a mean pogo. But....most of the ones jumping are kids and with their parents etc giggling at the sight it was very noticeable that the emotion building was dissipated.

And then to tell the crowd to "stand up" AGAIN in the 90th minute was bizarre. The chant was just dumb...didnt know it was Lawrie. When our fans are roused they are as good as any....let them be.

Found it hard to believe we have Brosque done much room last night. He loves playing us: scores almost every time it seems. Possibly understandable, as maybe our boys confused him with the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Found it hard to believe we have Brosque done much room last night. He loves playing us: scores almost every time it seems. Possibly understandable, as maybe our boys confused him with the referee.
    It was painful watching his post match interview and not being able to actual knock him out on the spot. Whining little **** that he is.

In saying that it makes it a lot easier to hate Sydney with the likes of Brosque playing for them - which makes me happy.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-11-2018 at 11:30 AM.

90th min foul Boogs tries to talk to ref told to go away. Brusque yelling at ref all night nothing happens. So bullshit

I swear in the lead-up to signing Jair we were looking for a dude who is a winger first but can also play striker if needed, just like what nabbout did last season but we have yet to employ him in that spot.

Dimi has no idea what's going on anymore, we just drifts all across the park with no structure at all. I'm almost wondering if we'd be better off putting him at CAM & putting Vargas on the wing or something instead.

Put Hoff at RB, put George at LB, put either Austin or preferably Thurgate at LW, Dimi at CAM, Vargas RW & put Jair up at centre of attack

gave width, first touch was excellent, hold up play was solid.

now, consider that as a wide man you want your striker making runs into space, and your fullback overlapping.

go back and look at how many times Hoff and Jackson did that for him.

there was a hilarious moment in the 2nd half where he had the ball in the corner of the 18 yd box. he held the ball patiently waiting, waiting for either his fullback to overlap or his striker to make a run. neither happened. but all the fools around me were screaming at him to just step back and put it in the top corner like all the pros do.

gosh darn it was embarrassing listening to it.

cant believe in the same breath you blokes are baggig Jair yet wondering whats gone wrong with Dimi.
    its the same problem. there are no options.
    Merrick has to fix that. then yeah, if the 'wide' men cant hit strikers on the move then hook them. but if you all thought that was the case tonight then y'all were watching a different game to me.
    This ×1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Also Shaun Evans is a honkingly bad referee.

And it's like everyone has to rollout the red carpet and bow down to Sydney fc when they come to town.
    Double standards from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I swear in the lead-up to signing Jair we were looking for a dude who is a winger first but can also play striker if needed, just like what nabbout did last season but we have yet to employ him in that spot.

Dimi has no idea what's going on anymore, we just drifts all across the park with no structure at all. I'm almost wondering if we'd be better off putting him at CAM & putting Vargas on the wing or something instead.

Put Hoff at RB, put George at LB, put either Austin or preferably Thurgate at LW, Dimi at CAM, Vargas RW & put Jair up at centre of attack
    You are correct that is exactly how the signing off Jair was described to us. I noted on social media last evening many cracks at Hoff but this not on Hoff as such but lay very much on Ernie and Lawrie for the poor planning , selecting of players and there starting positions.

Watched the replay and twice Jair had the ball on the edge of the box within moments of each other and Plague is right the first time all those in blue shirts anywhere near him just stood still like they had lead in there boots. Sweet f&*k all movement.

Lawrie and Ernie just taking the piss and treating us like uneducated mugs these first 4 rounds with the way make up of the team.

We are crowding the middle too much in attack and our fullbacks aren't using the space out wide. Dimi needs to be more versatile and spend a bit more time near the sideline and stop crowding Ronny's space. Dimi has been way too predictable this season.
    Jairs potential is plain to see, problem is the neanderthals of the hunter only recognise it if you flailing shots into row z occasionally.

Just watched Coricas post match presser - he was talking about them being dominant and saying Jets were only capable of long ball tactics - his facial expressions and body language though tell a different story.

They looked done in the final 10 mins to me and the fouls and time wasting are proof enough they were hanging on rather than playing for a win.

He was a dickhead as a player, and an even bigger one as a coach.

Saw it against us, Adelaide and the Gypos last season. Get into them with a bit of mongrel and they have good cry, especially Mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Dimi needs to be more versatile and spend a bit more time near the sideline and stop crowding Ronny's space. Dimi has been way too predictable this season.
    This is what has me feeling that maybe they need to swap positions. I think Vargas out wide would cause equal amounts of damage, we'd have a guy who actually sticks to the sideline more unlike dimi and it allows Dimi a bit more space and him to float around without being as costly to the one side like he was last night

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    This is what has me feeling that maybe they need to swap positions. I think Vargas out wide would cause equal amounts of damage, we'd have a guy who actually sticks to the sideline more unlike dimi and it allows Dimi a bit more space and him to float around without being as costly to the one side like he was last night
    Yeah I think Vargas would be a lot more aware positionally