Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea FC

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    the most boring midfield in England?
    Kovacavic, Loftus Cheek, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley
    thats already pretty good depth centrally, not even including failures like drinkwater of bakayoko.

With wide players like Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi & Giroud, Abraham and Batsuayi up front I still think they have enough depth to be right up there in the top 4.

I compare that with:
    Arsenal
    Terreria, Xhaka, Elneny, Ozil, Mkhtaryian with Lacazetee, Aubemayang and Iwobi and a defence that is still awful

Manu
    Pogba, Matic, Lingard, pereira, Mctominay, with Mata, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez & James.

Still convinced Chelsea is better resourced.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It's not about adding quality. Arsenal and Manu are nowhere near the same level at the moment. Bad investments, obvious defensive frailties and uncommitted players will still screw any chance they have at Champions league places.

Chelsea have enough young, talented up and comers who will be motivated to show their best. Don't get me wrong Hazard is a huge loss I just think they still have more to them than the others. (I'm not a Chelsea fan BTW)
    Chelsea have mid table players on loan around the world and maybe 2 youth talents coming through. They have Giroud as their only striker and 2 CAMs who wouldn't get a game at either Manu or Arsenal. (Barkley and Pulisic) Chelsea can claim to have a better defence, but they have no attack now that Hazard is gone.

As for the youth comments. Arsenal just promoted another 4 youth players to the first team squad. Chelsea haven't given youth a chance since the 80s. They gave youth players 151 total minutes last year compared to 2009 for United and 4467 for Arsenal. They have an over hyped winger and a young midfielder who had a 73% pass completion in the Championship last season. Relying on youth would be an unwise choice if they want to make the 4 again next season.

6th place will be a great achievement for this Chelsea squad if they make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

thats already pretty good depth centrally, not even including failures like drinkwater of bakayoko.

With wide players like Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi & Giroud, Abraham and Batsuayi up front I still think they have enough depth to be right up there in the top 4.

I compare that with:
    Arsenal
    Terreria, Xhaka, Elneny, Ozil, Mkhtaryian with Lacazetee, Aubemayang and Iwobi and a defence that is still awful

Manu
    Pogba, Matic, Lingard, pereira, Mctominay, with Mata, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez & James.

Look at that Chelsea midfield and tell me they can create anything. Kante was the one setting up last season, that's how bad Kovacic and Jorginho are in the final 3rd. They can control the ball and cover defensively but without a Hazard to create something from nothing they aren't going to do much with all that possession.

Even United's shambles of a midfield could at least do something offensively. United are a good about for 6th given their issue right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished above Chelsea with a couple of signings.

Arsenal have 2 of the best forwards in the league, are about to fix our LB issues and will probably sign another CB to replace Mustafi in the next few weeks. (according to reputable sources) that's easily gonna pick up extra 3 points we missed last year. Spuds will be looking worried soon, they haven't fixed their biggest issue still.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Look at that Chelsea midfield and tell me they can create anything. Kante was the one setting up last season, that's how bad Kovacic and Jorginho are in the final 3rd. They can control the ball and cover defensively but without a Hazard to create something from nothing they aren't going to do much with all that possession.

Even United's shambles of a midfield could at least do something offensively. United are a good about for 6th given their issue right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished above Chelsea with a couple of signings.

Arsenal have 2 of the best forwards in the league, are about to fix our LB issues and will probably sign another CB to replace Mustafi in the next few weeks. (according to reputable sources) that's easily gonna pick up extra 3 points we missed last year. Spuds will be looking worried soon, they haven't fixed their biggest issue still.
    We'll agree to disagree mate.

I don't think any of the top 6 are going to be seriously challenged by anyone currently outside of it. That just leaves the order of where the current top 6 end up. Unless Arsenal and Manu can make significant improvements on last season then I still think they'll be 5th and 6th.

Chelsea always seem to have enough in them to get the points off the clubs below them. It'll be their record vs the rest of the top 6 that will define their season as that's where Hazard always seemed to stand up and be counted.

Look at that Chelsea midfield and tell me they can create anything.
    Liverpool just finished 2nd in the Prem and won the Champions League with a bunch of dudes in the mids who are that bad at passing even English fans make fun of them.

Henderson - cant pass or create.
    Keita - see above.
    Wijnaldum - stunk at Newcastle FFS, also cant pass.
    Fabinho - bahahahahahahaha, cant pass, has never passed, will never pass.
    James Milner - Sorry, MATTTTTTTT DAMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, was born before passing was invented.
    Ox - one leg, difficult to pass with one leg.
    Lallana - oh surely by now you get my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    whilst i have absolutely zero faith in the self awareness of billionaires, the fact that senior management sacked the coach, sold their only world class player and screwed things up enough to put them on a potential transfer ban would indicate that Frank will be given more than enough leeway in order to rebuild the club.

because if they are gonna rissole him in the short term, the no decent coach is ever gonna want to be part of that type of shitshow for an eternity*

*except Benitez, he coached Newcastle so hes up for anything.
    Not wanted ever again

We'll agree to disagree mate.

I don't think any of the top 6 are going to be seriously challenged by anyone currently outside of it. That just leaves the order of where the current top 6 end up. Unless Arsenal and Manu can make significant improvements on last season then I still think they'll be 5th and 6th.

Chelsea always seem to have enough in them to get the points off the clubs below them. It'll be their record vs the rest of the top 6 that will define their season as that's where Hazard always seemed to stand up and be counted.
    We have winners in our squad which always seem to drag us to trophies

Chelsea have mid table players on loan around the world and maybe 2 youth talents coming through. They have Giroud as their only striker and 2 CAMs who wouldn't get a game at either Manu or Arsenal. (Barkley and Pulisic) Chelsea can claim to have a better defence, but they have no attack now that Hazard is gone.

As for the youth comments. Arsenal just promoted another 4 youth players to the first team squad. Chelsea haven't given youth a chance since the 80s. They gave youth players 151 total minutes last year compared to 2009 for United and 4467 for Arsenal. They have an over hyped winger and a young midfielder who had a 73% pass completion in the Championship last season. Relying on youth would be an unwise choice if they want to make the 4 again next season.

6th place will be a great achievement for this Chelsea squad if they make it.
    Since the 80s? Bull capital shit

I compare that with:
    Arsenal

Manu

If had Strikers or wingers besides Hazard who could score consistent Jorginho would've lead the league in assists easily

I compare that with:
    Arsenal

Manu

I like you

Let me be the first to congratulate Christian Pulisic on his runner up place in the 2020 ballor d'or.

Let me be the first to congratulate Christian Pulisic on his runner up place in the 2020 ballor d'or.
    Just a few evades short in the end, really..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Just a few evades short in the end, really..
    Our podcast together is gonna be hilarious especially the parts that I say.

Our podcast together is gonna be hilarious especially the parts that I say.
    i just assumed we'd only bring the one working microphone anyway.
    OK

Anyone see Pedro's goal, WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anyone see Pedro's goal, WOW
    twas lovely. shame the Prem didnt get the best of him, such an outstanding player but overshadowed at Barca by all those other freaks.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

twas lovely. shame the Prem didnt get the best of him, such an outstanding player but overshadowed at Barca by all those other freaks.
    He's been pretty good in the prem I think, Just needs to score more then he misses, Maybe without Hazard himself and Willian will shine
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i just assumed we'd only bring the one working microphone anyway.
    Lol you barely manage to hold up one podcast commitment
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

We may leak a few goals this season!