Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 7 | Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar | Sun 9th Dec 2018 700pm

What is Wayne Brown doing? I liked that bloke.

There must have been at least a half dozen yellow card offences by Brisbane that went unpunished by the referee. I wouldn't be surprised if it was double figures. Clear professional fouls and drag backs on Jets players attempting to break. What a farce.

Good to see Dimi and Danny G back to showing some of last season's form. I have no hate for Jackson but it was good to see Vuj back on the park too.
    Jair still needs work on staying onside. But I loved his celebration so much, happy for the dude to get the monkey off his back and hopefully he can kick on from here.

For all his skill, I wonder if Ronny is overplaying things a little (only from the sense that his teammates aren't on the same skill/vision level as he is) and he'd be better off playing a little more simple and direct like Dimi tends to from the 10. Would like to see both him and Jair having a few more cracks at goal in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ground announcer needs to be sacked. firstly for that "newcastle" crap after the second, secondly for announcing that hoffman scored the first.
    The matchday experience is becoming more cringeworthy every game. YOU will stand when we say so, YOU will jump when we say so, YOU will chant Noocarsul when WE say so. No passion, no sponteneity whatsover....just watered down active support to be family friendly.

If you are going to have an announcer at least have one that understands the game and knows the players. I'm still getting over our midfielder "Ugar Covic".....

Who is it calling "New-ca-stle" over the loudspeaker? It sounds like it's Lawrie.

I agree - the matchday experience is cringe worthy. I'll stand when I want to stand. You can't manufacture atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    observation rather than criticism - squadron seems to be back to pretty low numbers
    Seems to be a trend with Sunday afternoon games. Alot of the older guys in bay 1 sat down yesterday so it was mainly the 12 year olds to 18 year olds running things in the bay yesterday.

Hopefully better numbers next week now we have had a home win this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Seems to be a trend with Sunday afternoon games. Alot of the older guys in bay 1 sat down yesterday so it was mainly the 12 year olds to 18 year olds running things in the bay yesterday.

Hopefully better numbers next week now we have had a home win this season.
    we have tix in that area. no way we were sitting in that sun.
    the hill was the business yesterday.
    i dont blame anyone else for sitting that one out.

thought numbers and noise have been pretty good at the night games though so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I've read a bit of criticism of Jair on here following the game but I thought it was probably his strongest performance - goal or not. He looks a lot better with a more mobile fullback who was looking to overlap and provide an option.

Dimi was terrific. That right hand side was so dangerous for the majority of the game.

Ams was losing control of the game yesterday. Compared to King who officiated the game last week it's like comparing chalk and cheese. I swear he went to book Bowles for a second time in the 34th minute but realised who it was and changed his mind - which is wrong. Secondly, int he 2nd half he awarded a goal kick following a corner and when Dimi protested, and with the Roar players moving out for a goal kick, he changed his mind and Dimi took it quickly and didn't allow the Roar a chance to reset. That's pretty poor game management.

And finally, Mustafa Amini doing the coin toss - far out.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've read a bit of criticism of Jair on here following the game but I thought it was probably his strongest performance - goal or not.
    the sheer joy on his face after scoring makes me want him to succeed even more.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The bloke is probably still celebrating now. It was almost like a release of stress and lifting of a huge weight on his shoulders. Hopefully that frees him up for future weeks.

Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

and have we decided that Ivan is ok and can hang in the the team for a bit longer or is everyone still telling me he is trash?
    Seems like I am WRONG

I've read a bit of criticism of Jair on here following the game but I thought it was probably his strongest performance - goal or not. He looks a lot better with a more mobile fullback who was looking to overlap and provide an option.

Dimi was terrific. That right hand side was so dangerous for the majority of the game.

Ams was losing control of the game yesterday. Compared to King who officiated the game last week it's like comparing chalk and cheese. I swear he went to book Bowles for a second time in the 34th minute but realised who it was and changed his mind - which is wrong. Secondly, int he 2nd half he awarded a goal kick following a corner and when Dimi protested, and with the Roar players moving out for a goal kick, he changed his mind and Dimi took it quickly and didn't allow the Roar a chance to reset. That's pretty poor game management.

And finally, Mustafa Amini doing the coin toss - far out.
    Well said JP re Jair. My young bloke and i was just discussing this last night whilst watching the replay. We listed so many import players who have came here and looked very average in the beginning some taking half a season to look decent.I can recall Castro's first half season in the A League and it was very mediocre.

II swear he went to book Bowles for a second time in the 34th minute but realised who it was and changed his mind
    i thought the same thing. commentators mentioned that he was lucky to still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Well said JP re Jair. My young bloke and i was just discussing this last night whilst watching the replay. We listed so many import players who have came here and looked very average in the beginning some taking half a season to look decent.I can recall Castro's first half season in the A League and it was very mediocre.
    And conversely how many come in with a bang and struggle to maintain that level!

It's got to be hard. New country, playing in the heat (which will only get worse), possible language barriers, new lifestyle. Good on him.

What about Ronny, how is he travelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What about Ronny, how is he travelling?
    I don't quite like how he played yesterday, bit of a heavy first and last touch.
    Didn't produce much.

and have we decided that Ivan is ok and can hang in the the team for a bit longer or is everyone still telling me he is trash?
    I've always rated him. Should be a mainstay by now

I agree, Tommy. I think Lachie will find it hard to regain his place in the team in the short term. Ernie isn't one for making wholesale changes simply for the sake of it. I think Hoff will at the very least come back onto the bench. Hard to drop Sheppard after a solid debut.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    This is the most beautiful post ever made on the foz

Vujica should keep his place but we all know Ernie will put Jackson straight back in