Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 8 | Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory | Sun 13th Dec 2018 500pm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    what was ernie thinking with his substitutions? apart from hoff none of the players on the bench are attacking minded at all and even hoff ain't that great of an attacking weapon, we are trailing 2-0 and we hooked off both players who scored last game for players who can hardly play football let alone put a ball in the net. as of next week, assuming champness can come back into the squad we should have a bench consisting of

sheppard
    champness
    johnny k
    hoff
    italiano

over time if need be you can swap in dudes like thurgate or austin but really they are our best crop of players that aren't in the starting XI, or if Merrick isn't high on Vujica at lb then put hoff at right and Georges (who played his best game all season on the weekend) at left
    Champness is not back till Mid January, Sheppard deserves to keep starting, Roy can earn back our trust from the bench
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Champness is not back till Mid January, Sheppard deserves to keep starting, Roy can earn back our trust from the bench
    Every single player in that team and 99% of fans want Roy to get back on that pitch and start banging them in for fun. Watch what happens now that we have a striker who knows how to play in that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Every single player in that team and 99% of fans want Roy to get back on that pitch and start banging them in for fun. Watch what happens now that we have a striker who knows how to play in that position.
    Id say Sheppard has done a good job
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    He doesn't shoot?? he's down for having 20 shots this season so far, 7 of which have been on target. Dimi, by comparison has had 32, with 5 being on target - 15 % accuracy. Which would you prefer? Last time I looked, Ronny was our top scorer this season so far as well

As for "key passes", which is the closest piece of data I can find to match "killer pass", Ronny has 21, Dimi has 20.

Passing accuracy in the attacking half for Ronny 77.8%, 71.8% for Dimi. Successful dribbles - Ronny has 21, Dimi 8.

For me, Ronny is doing what we need him to do - just no prick will put in the net! I reckon if he could pass it to himself we'd be sitting pretty right now.

I don't understand the Ronny bashing - the bloke is probably the second classiest player to have ever worn the shirt behind Griff. And remember, it was Griff that recruited him!!! Are we saying that Griff is wrong? I'm certainly not
    Disagree

Dimi shoots all the time from 25 yards probably too much in a lot of ways and every time he gets a free kick he has a lash

So to contrast the shots between the pair isnt comparing apples and oranges

As for the quality of his finishing it is at times Fellani like and not.really acceptable for a bloke on his money

Ronny needs to be doing.much more in the front 3rd

For all his flicks and evades how many of them are in the front 3rd??

Skinning some bloke 45 yards out or on the sideline achieves little

The bloke is in the team to provide us the x factor in the front 3rd not on half way

He isnt doing what he is here for

When he starts doing these flicks and evades in the front 3rd then we be going a lot better in front of goal.

If Ronny was doing what we need him to do then we dont have 7 goals in 8 games to our name

You can blame our lack of a striker but he isnt controlling the game for us like he should be

No dispute he is a classy player but the bloke isnt exactly effective for us

Banned
    No he dont.

He starts Sunday

His energy up front and his point to prove isnt needed on the bench

He is also a better striker than Shephard so he starts

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No he dont.

He starts Sunday

His energy up front and his point to prove isnt needed on the bench

He is also a better striker than Shephard so he starts
    Nope he ****ed up, Sit on the bench and earn back our trust

love at first sight

He has my trust.

Get him up front.

Id say Sheppard has done a good job
    I'd say I have an above average sized penis but both our statements would still be incorrect.

Roy walks back into this team whether we were top of ladder or last. If you can't understand why then no one can help you.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

then thurgate or austin get on the bench and not cowburn or ridenton

also we definitely need to start Roy, no way is sheppard starting. this is one of the easiest game we'll be getting all year and gives roy a good chance to possibly bang in some goals for fun so lets have him start and hopefully get some momentum

Disagree

Dimi shoots all the time from 25 yards probably too much in a lot of ways and every time he gets a free kick he has a lash

So to contrast the shots between the pair isnt comparing apples and oranges

As for the quality of his finishing it is at times Fellani like and not.really acceptable for a bloke on his money

Ronny needs to be doing.much more in the front 3rd

For all his flicks and evades how many of them are in the front 3rd??

Skinning some bloke 45 yards out or on the sideline achieves little

The bloke is in the team to provide us the x factor in the front 3rd not on half way

He isnt doing what he is here for

When he starts doing these flicks and evades in the front 3rd then we be going a lot better in front of goal.

If Ronny was doing what we need him to do then we dont have 7 goals in 8 games to our name

You can blame our lack of a striker but he isnt controlling the game for us like he should be

No dispute he is a classy player but the bloke isnt exactly effective for us
    He is playing with some very average players and one very out of form ex socceroo. Cut the man some slack with the tools he has to work with.

But, once we have a defence that can actually help out further up the pitch, a striker who can hold the ball up as well as actually do something with it once we have it in the box and Dimi finds some form again then you can have an actual go at his impact. Right now he is our best. If he isn't good enough for you then tough titties cause there's no one on the bench that is gonna do a better job.

yo man, this isnt how football works.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Roy has to start on Sunday. Will take pressure off dimi and ronnie.

i want Roy to start, i think Sheppard has done a good job, but his best isnt as good as Roys best.

One thing to add.
    I'd say Roys 3 biggest/most hyped up games for us last year were Gypos Rd1, Sydney RAAF round and the GF.
    In one he scored 54 goals, the other 2 he lost his head.

Hopefully old Ernie plays things real cool this week with him, maybe no 'thunder and lightning' speeches as they leave the sheds.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i want Roy to start, i think Sheppard has done a good job, but his best isnt as good as Roys best.

One thing to add.
    I'd say Roys 3 biggest/most hyped up games for us last year were Gypos Rd1, Sydney RAAF round and the GF.
    In one he scored 54 goals, the other 2 he lost his head.

Hopefully old Ernie plays things real cool this week with him, maybe no 'thunder and lightning' speeches as they leave the sheds.
    **** Off

Bert needs to have these guys like a cat on a hot tin roof this week ready to explode on Sunday at 5:01pm

Roy needs to be also put on notice and wound up appropriately

Either to score some goals or layeth the smackdown on a Gypo

Either are deeds worthy of greatness

Who will ever forget minute 1 of the F3 derby wjen Kitto knocked the Gypo out??
    We apparently scored but that was irrelevant to Kitto knocking a Gypo out

I will take another 10 weeks of no Roy if he takes out a Gypo legally or illegally this week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    He is playing with some very average players and one very out of form ex socceroo. Cut the man some slack with the tools he has to work with.

But, once we have a defence that can actually help out further up the pitch, a striker who can hold the ball up as well as actually do something with it once we have it in the box and Dimi finds some form again then you can have an actual go at his impact. Right now he is our best. If he isn't good enough for you then tough titties cause there's no one on the bench that is gonna do a better job.
    This is the Jets their all ****ing average players

No excuses
    His form isnt good enough in the front 3rd

**** Off

Bert needs to have these guys like a cat on a hot tin roof this week ready to explode on Sunday at 5:01pm

Roy needs to be also put on notice and wound up appropriately

Either to score some goals or layeth the smackdown on a Gypo

Either are deeds worthy of greatness

Who will ever forget minute 1 of the F3 derby wjen Kitto knocked the Gypo out??
    We apparently scored but that was irrelevant to Kitto knocking a Gypo out

I will take another 10 weeks of no Roy if he takes out a Gypo legally or illegally this week
    You will take no finals again then?

love at first sight

Roy needs to be out there to score goals, not to pretend to be Conor MacGregor, the only smashing we want outta him is into the back of a gyppo net, if he takes collateral gyppo damage out along the way however that's fine...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    You will take no finals again then?
    Finals ??

Who ****ing cares

All that matters is our 3 game League versus these cunce and the ladder position after Rd 27 and how far we are in front of the Gypos by

Anything else is largely irrelevant

I place utmost importance on this game and the other 2 versus the Gypos that is all that I define the season by