Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 10 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United | Sun 30th Dec 2018 7pm

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You know we normally agree on alot of things Plague.
    and thats because you enjoy being right a lot of the time.

but.

You guys are being hard on Boogs. Bloke was super duper. that pen decision was difficult to judge. in the words of Mike Lowry, "that shit be on a slant".
    im positive the refs cost us tonight, not Nigel Boogaard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    and thats because you enjoy being right a lot of the time.

but.

You guys are being hard on Boogs. Bloke was super duper. that pen decision was difficult to judge. in the words of Mike Lowry, "that shit be on a slant".
    im positive the refs cost us tonight, not Nigel Boogaard.
    That was 100% a penalty. Clear as day and it was very easy for Kitto to see it coming.

That was a bad decision from Boogs but I also think he is on a steady decline, not because I don't like him but because he getting old. It happens to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Boogs decline was discussed on the pod the other day and it was pretty spot on.

Boogs has struggled big time last few weeks with positioning. That was a training run goal he gifted Simon down at Gosford.

Game should have finished 4-2, and no one would be complaining about boogz. We're not worse than last season defensively. We just can't score.
    Speaking of which: how good is Sheppard? 2 killer assists in 40 minutes of play (doing Ronny's work, really...), bloke is a pretty solid attacker.
    Jair, Dimi, Ronny: what is going on?

If we still had Nabbout we'd be top of the league.
    If someone can fill that void we will be fine (hopefully Joey C).

I also think we need to dribble the ball into the area more so than take one in ten shots as we have been.

Dimi is looking like the player he was at SFC. Promises a lot but delivers nothing.

He needs a rest.

Banned
    Criticism of Dimi is OTT

Bloke tried his arse off all night

Sure as shit he took too many touches
    Sure as shit he kept cutting on to his left foot
    Sure as shit he wouldnt pass the ball
    Sure as shit he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo with his shooting

But the bloke was trying despite being honking

Now lets contrast this with the alleged best No10 in the comp??

Anonymous and poor

Vargas needs to be hooked and benched

He is the 1 being paid the big $$ to carry the team. He aint even getting involved

Maybe if he actually done what we expect him to do Dimi wouldnt have to try and do it all on his own and wouldnt have to overplay his had??

Rather we moved Dimi to 10 and benched Vargas so we can play with some width and a no 10 who tries to own the game

Criticism of Dimi is OTT

Bloke tried his arse off all night

Sure as shit he took too many touches
    Sure as shit he kept cutting on to his left foot
    Sure as shit he wouldnt pass the ball
    Sure as shit he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo with his shooting

But the bloke was trying despite being honking

Now lets contrast this with the alleged best No10 in the comp??

Anonymous and poor

Vargas needs to be hooked and benched

He is the 1 being paid the big $$ to carry the team. He aint even getting involved

Maybe if he actually done what we expect him to do Dimi wouldnt have to try and do it all on his own and wouldnt have to overplay his had??

Rather we moved Dimi to 10 and benched Vargas so we can play with some width and a no 10 who tries to own the game

You sure you haven't got them mixed up?

Ronny worked harder than Dimi last night, which still isn't saying much. Ronny even tracks back to help out defensively.

He was given plenty of ball last night and didn't do jack with it. If he was trying as hard as you say he was maybe he would have tried something different and stopped cutting back on his left and getting tackled. It was so easy to read.

Jair was better than Dimi last night and he literally fell over the ball from 3 yards out.

Dimi thought he had made it once he was selected for the Socceroos and took his foot off the gas. Hopefully watching the Asian Cup from home will wake him up.

Most importantly, get him off free kick duties/corners for a few weeks. Let Ronny, or George even, take some for a while. Can't do any worse than Dimi has been lately. Again, he just needs a freshen up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Ronny worked harder than Dimi last night, which still isn't saying much. Ronny even tracks back to help out defensively.

He was given plenty of ball last night and didn't do jack with it. If he was trying as hard as you say he was maybe he would have tried something different and stopped cutting back on his left and getting tackled. It was so easy to read.

Jair was better than Dimi last night and he literally fell over the ball from 3 yards out.

Dimi thought he had made it once he was selected for the Socceroos and took his foot off the gas. Hopefully watching the Asian Cup from home will wake him up.

Most importantly, get him off free kick duties/corners for a few weeks. Let Ronny, or George even, take some for a while. Can't do any worse than Dimi has been lately. Again, he just needs a freshen up.
    Glad someone else saw the same Dimi as me last night

A couple of players really need a reality check coming up to prove to them that there is consequences for being shit

Dimi is giving me the shits every game, playin for himself and not the shirt anymore it feels. Would completely neutralise any attack he was apart of most times he recieved the ball and can't set piece to save his life. replace him for a game or two with Sheppard cause clearly his hearts not in the game who has proven he can set up goals and score them himself

Kanta is doing well this season, but uga is lacking in parts this season. However, i'd still prefer him on the pitch to Ridenton who i don't think is even capable of being a footballer. if they're both underperforming give johnny k a run on the pitch and see how he fairs.

Moss is making mistake after mistake, a couple of goals this season can really go down as a gk error and i do think he should be punished for that as well so let's give Italiano a go for a game and see where it gets us.

George is MOM 100% this week, without him we would have been considerably worse off. We need to learn how to be clinical in front of goals, cause 25 shots and 1 goal is a joke. If we don't actually start making changes i don't see us improving, we were the better side against adelaide but we're really becoming our own worst enemy
    Last edited by Mark325; 31-12-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    A couple of players really need a reality check coming up to prove to them that there is consequences for being shit

Dimi is giving me the shits every game, playin for himself and not the shirt anymore it feels. Would completely neutralise any attack he was apart of most times he recieved the ball and can't set piece to save his life. replace him for a game or two with Sheppard or Thurgate cause clearly he's hearts not in the game

Kanta is doing well this season, but uga is lacking in parts this season. However, i'd still prefer him on the pitch to Ridenton who i don't think is even capable of being a footballer. if they're both underperforming give johnny k a run on the pitch and see how he fairs.

Moss is making mistake after mistake, a couple of goals this season can really go down as a gk error and i do think he should be punished for that as well so let's give Italiano a go for a game and see where it gets us.

George is MOM 100% this week, without him we would have been considerably worse off. We need to learn how to be clinical in front of goals, cause 25 shots and 1 goal is a joke. If we don't actually start making changes i don't see us improving, we were the better side against adelaide but we're really becoming our own worst enemy
    Cowburn needs a run over Uga IMO

Have to agree. At one stage last night we had a corner that Jair was about to take and Dimi basically just told him to move on so he could take it. Needless to say it was about as good as his recent efforts struggling not to hit the legs of the closest person to him. I recall a goal down at Gosford from Jair taking the corner kick. Blokes dead ball work lately is diabolical. Ron was poor last night but yeh the current version of Dimi is so smurf Dimi and as much as i hate to say it because nobody hates Arnold more than me but he was right to not select Dimi.

There are a few egotistical players at the moment getting starts when perhaps they shouldn't be, we shall see just how brave Ernie is when we see how he deals with those individual players. Starting with Dimi.

Can't wait for Joey to return. He almost always sticks to the sideline to provide that width and when he does get the ball his first instinct is to go forward and take bloke on.

Also all these shots on goal everybody is getting carried away with as the one positive from games.3/4 of those are Dimi's long range couldn't hit the side of a barn door attempts so not quite sure we should be clutching to the stat the way some would like.
    Last edited by 380; 31-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Just heard the girls were winning 2-1 in injury time and lost.

The old Jets are back alright!

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I recall a goal down at Gosford from Jair taking the corner kick.
    Fair enough we scored from it but far out it was a horrible corner.

There's an article somewhere on the internet about how a corner hitting the first defender is actually the highest probability to score from, it was a pretty fascinating read. Don't blame Dimi for playing the stats game. He is trying his gut out for this team but IMO just doesn't have the support around him this season as much.
    OK

Nah man. Bloke is playing with blinkers on at the moment and just as the team has become so very predictable so has Dimi.

You know 9 times out of 10 that Dimi will receive the ball stop dead in his tracks do the step over happy feet fancy feet shit turn left face backwards track back a bit then turn right cut across the field 10 yards and then wind up for one of those shots that gets counted as a shot but was really nothing more than just a hope at best hoof. Repeat and repeat again til final whistle.

Dimi ain't at 50% of what he is capable of and that is not on anybody else, team mates or otherwise just him.

And no this not a Ronnie v Dimi thing either. You know we are screwed and devoid of anything good when Ronnie comes all the way back to get the ball from Boogs or two dads. We had 7 weeks of that crap the only exemption when Ernie thought Ronnie should play at #9 for one week.
    Last edited by 380; 31-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Dimi is giving me the shits every game, playin for himself and not the shirt anymore it feels.
    dont know how to break this to you, but every player in the history of football is in this for themself, and not the shirt.

now, onto Petratos.

we dont have anyone near his quality to replace him, so he keeps his spot.
    when he gets the ball, he gets mugged. i noticed the space Goodwin has, and watched as Victory made heaps of space for Honda whenever he had the ball.
    now i dont know if its coaching, or the player, but whenever he gets the ball he has nowhere near the space of other important attackers across the league.

i have no problem taking him off set pieces, or at least offering variety.

dont know what the stats are but outswinging corners never 'seem' to provide much threat on goal. yet he we are time and again going with the same set pieces.

we were the better team last night, by a lot.
    we keep improving and make the semis we have no fear of any team.......except if we play City away, Perth away and Victory anywhere.
    but other than that, stay positive people.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

80% of dimis work last night was the same 'first touch backwards' shite we have seen this season. On a few occasions however he showed glimpses of what he and nabbout did so effectively last season and that is carrying the ball forward at pace in a very direct fashion. Hopefully the 20% grows to find something near the balance needed.

This shit doesn't help...

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...es-and-assists

Outcomes not process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    80% of dimis work last night was the same 'first touch backwards' shite we have seen this season. On a few occasions however he showed glimpses of what he and nabbout did so effectively last season and that is carrying the ball forward at pace in a very direct fashion. Hopefully the 20% grows to find something near the balance needed.
    True. However, "carrying the ball forward at pace in a very direct fashion" is hard when he is forced to receive the ball with his back to the goal, 2 defenders marking him straight away, and very little support for some combinations.
    Hoff seems to provide a little more support recently. I agree Dimi could try some forward plays, he's got the quality and technique to do it.
    Vargas seems to be a lot better at this kind of plays though (back to the goal, receive the ball and dribble the defender etc.), but he's playing too far from the goal for this to create real chances.
    So... why not swap positions? Dimi as a 10 (but not too advanced) would have more chances to take on defenders directly, and Vargas in a more attacking position cold use his finishing skills (which are outstanding) much closer to the goal.
    Put Roy's runs in the mix.
    Problem solved, give me Ernie's job

btw... 100% sure this is offside?
    r1.jpg