Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 11 | Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar| Wed 2nd Jan 2019 750pm

Did I hear correctly that stat related to Tagg's goal being his 18th at the ground and him now overtaking Lord Griff as the highest scorer at our ground?
    If that's true, then for me it brings up several issues.
    I find that figure disturbing in itself. I honestly thought it would be more. Really? Griff only banged in 17 on that ground??
    (Everyone a divinely orchestrated masterpiece...of course )
    The fact the 'record' belongs to someone no longer associated with our club to me is appauling. It speaks volumes about our history of recruitment and long term commitment of a regular goal scorer. How many has Brusque knocked in at Demolition Stadium over x number of years? Thompson probably banged in more than 20 at any Tard stadium you care to choose they've played at I'll bet. (5 in a certain game helps!)
    If the owner and CEO are serious they need to look at investing in someone to become a regular goal scoring machine: year in, year out. I might make it sound simple but I'm only pointing out what I think is a long term symptom of our situation, and that stat is quite revealing.

JP, can you provide some quick stats on the next few highest goal scorers at HS and who in our current squad is the closest to the record please? Really curious on this one.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 05-01-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Taggz has scored 18. Griffo has scored 17 - but that is in the A-League only. I expect Griffo scored for United at home back in the day.

Notable others:

Andrew Nabbout has 14 (13 with Jets)
    Labi 11
    Ryu 11
    Brockie 11 (9 with Jets)
    Mark Bridge 11 (7)
    Petrovski 9 (7)
    Thommo 8
    Bridges 7
    Brosque 7
    Reinaldo 6
    Smeltz and Fornaroli 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles