Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 11 | Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets | Sun 6th Jan 2019 500pm

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    that was great.
    id love to play for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

1. I thought we played pretty well. With 10 men they never really looked like running away with it. We looked more likely to score and they seemed happy with 2-1. In the words of Scotty J at the end, city were “f***ing shit”.
    2. Love listening to Ernie talk tactics. So do other coaches I bet. Interesting we went to 441, then changed things at half time when he had time to coach. Reassured me he hasn’t completely lost his marbles.
    3. Vargas red. He was always gonna see red this game. From the moment he gave somebody the big ones for their feedback regarding him trying to hold it and beat 5 players.
    He was preparing himself to clear with a volley, then old mate beat him to it and flicked it up into his arm. Not a massive problem with the call. Probably 50/50. Of course it’s against us though. VAR would’ve given it to them anyway.
    The yellow was 100% for handball. Vargas didn’t even have a chance to open his mouth. So it’s a bit of a crock that that’s a yellow for dissent. Bloody hell, if we dishing out cards for dissent, most games won finish and there’ll be some high profile red cards.
    4. I though their second took a deflection. italiano has to do better there for me. It goes in in the middle third. If that was BK we’d be hanging him out to dry. Not a bad game for him.
    5. Brattan is a ****
    6. Wales is also. Asking for VAR and telling linesman to keep his flag down.

Can someone please clarify why Galekovic wasn't carded for handling outside the box when Roy scored?
    Is it due to an advantage play rule?
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 07-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Can someone please clarify why Galekovic wasn't carded for handling outside the box when Roy scored?
    Is it due to an advantage play rule?
    Haven’t seen a replay since but I thought it came off his shoulder? Edit: came of his head it appears. There’s an angle from behind that shows it hit his head.
    If he handled and we didn’t score it should be a red. The advantage should only downgrade it to a yellow. Much like Vargas, the fact a pen is given or goal scored only works for direct red cards, not yellows.

I also think Ams trapped himself with his yellow for handball just prior to Vargas.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 07-01-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

I also think Ams trapped himself with his yellow for handball just prior to Vargas.
    ... And this is the same Ams who didn't send off Bowles a few weeks ago after 3-4 yellow card fouls in the first half.
    It's not even double standards anymore: it's Newcastle standard.

is it automaitc pen and yellow for handball inside the box?

because the Roar dude did exact the same as Ronny in the late game.

if its the case why didnt the ref in the Jets game say "yellow and pen for the handball as per the rules".

to go on and lie about the dissent angle makes it look 10,000 times worse.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Well, after 3 weeks of holidays, I'm back at work and ready to vent..
    I don't even know where to start on the ref debacle.. Some of the most insane, non-sensical, biased, brain-dead, illogical, infuriating, add-whatever-fvcking-adjective-you-want, sh!t that you can ever see..
    I can't even fathom it... I just need to know where to complain/spam/write to/abuse/unleash the burning bile inside of me..

The only thing I can do, is focus on the fact that the 10 blokes who were out there never gave up and tried their all till the end..
    10 men will very rarely beat 12, and I'm proud and want to recognise their efforts..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    ... And this is the same Ams who didn't send off Bowles a few weeks ago after 3-4 yellow card fouls in the first half.
    It's not even double standards anymore: it's Newcastle standard.
    Same Ams who was made to not ref week2 this season after ballsing up a VAR call in the Melbourne Derby heping his beloved Heart again

So that is 3 timea in 11 rounds he has had shockers

I do though feel sorry for the FFA this morning trying to come up with a way of giving Newy a level up thanks to Kurts shenaigans
    Their hands are tied when it Victree and Blue Aids up next for the Jets

Gonna be a bit harder for the refs in those games to help the FFAs fave teams now without the undue scrutiny from Newy that Ams will have delivered on them

Gonna be a bit harder for the refs in those games to help the FFAs fave teams now without the undue scrutiny from Newy that Ams will have delivered on them
    they'll probably just send a few gypos off next week whoever they're playing to keep us happy.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Well, after 3 weeks of holidays, I'm back at work and ready to vent..
    I don't even know where to start on the ref debacle.. Some of the most insane, non-sensical, biased, brain-dead, illogical, infuriating, add-whatever-fvcking-adjective-you-want, sh!t that you can ever see..
    I can't even fathom it... I just need to know where to complain/spam/write to/abuse/unleash the burning bile inside of me..

The only thing I can do, is focus on the fact that the 10 blokes who were out there never gave up and tried their all till the end..
    10 men will very rarely beat 12, and I'm proud and want to recognise their efforts..

That would be Email: reception@ffa.com.au

The Galekovic goal line things is very interesting..
    Has anyone seen any conclusive angles of the ball and line?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    is it automaitc pen and yellow for handball inside the box?

because the Roar dude did exact the same as Ronny in the late game.

if its the case why didnt the ref in the Jets game say "yellow and pen for the handball as per the rules".

to go on and lie about the dissent angle makes it look 10,000 times worse.
    That was the point i tried to make yesterday to the member, The card was already out for the handball,And yes you were correct the handball that deflected off another and into Vargas.

The mere fact the officials come up with shit to cover there own asses is as crooked as it comes bordering on corrupt behaviour and one that should see Ben Wilson removed from his post.

We are getting to the stage where the lack of action from within Football Federation Australia to acknowledge and rectify these damning and obvious failings that if any public Govt funds in the way of grants are making there way to FFA then the supporters of the game should and would be entitled to demand from the relevant state or federal politicians an inquiry in to the running of FFA. It is my understanding any Govt grants to sporting organisations state or fed come with certain conditions and i would think responsible governance would be right at the pointy end and in particular the performance of game day officials.

I have no idea how the Ref Director has kept his position for so long. Blokes hand should shake every payday.

Oh the last point was how on earth have we not got a goal line camera? Especially with all this VAR rubbish.
    Do we have the same goal line watch as the epl?

Had a better look at the penalty incident... I'm not convinced that was even a penalty.
    Admitting my ignorance, I went to the FIFA website looking for the rules.
    https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/da...5gbnqy4j3k.pdf

Excerpts from page 37:
    "A penalty kick is awarded if... a player... handles the ball deliberately inside his own penalty area"
    How could Vargas possibly hit the ball deliberately when it was deflected 2 metres from his body and his hands were in a pretty neutral position (i.e. in front of his body)?

page 121:
    "Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
    • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
    • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
    • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
    infringement"

Now, where does RV move his hands towards the ball? He doesn't.
    Unexpected ball? You bet.

IMO, there was no penalty, just a clear misjudgment from the ref. What makes it even worse, he had a perfect view.
    The action was pretty quick, but he didn't feel the need for a VAR call (assuming VAR was functioning...).
    Same situation 2 minute earlier... totally opposite call. That's the Newcastle standard.

One can only imagine the level of frustration Vargas must have felt. He's gonna cop 4 games for abusing the ref.

Cautionable offences:

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences:
    • unsporting behaviour
    • dissent by word or action
    • persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
    • delaying the restart of play
    • failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner
    kick, free kick or throw-in
    • entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission
    • deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission

I can't find any reference to yellow cards for handballs in the box...

EDIT:
    page 121:
    There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player:

• handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
    Last edited by mic22; 07-01-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Love your work mic22..
    It's just making me even more infuriated and frustrated with the officiating yesterday..

I was just reading an article on TWG where they were pretty scathing about it too:
    Such a decision, allegedly a result of dissent, was brought into further disrepute after replays confirmed the yellow card on its way after the initial incident, an unintentional handball.

This standard of officiating was one of several stains witnessed throughout the contest, with Nikolai Topor-Stanley notably unfortunate to avoid a deserved penalty in the second half.

It’s not the first time Ams has found himself in hot water with the whistle, having received a one-match suspension from Football Federation Australia for a costly penalty blunder in round one’s Melbourne Derby.

Former Socceroos goalkeeper Mark Bosnich branded Ams’ actions “disgraceful” on the night, and after Sunday’s iteration, he wasn’t the only one.
    I'm sure that as usual, there will be lots of talk, but bugger all done about it..

For some reason the terms "intentional" and "unexpected ball" are ignored when they are actually in the rules. "Unnatural position" is not in the rules but commentators keep bringing it up.

The subterfuge last night reminded be if the Sydney Derby coverup at the start of the season ( and the GF for that matter) Outright lying by the officials

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    For some reason the terms "intentional" and "unexpected ball" are ignored when they are actually in the rules. "Unnatural position" is not in the rules but commentators keep bringing it up.

The subterfuge last night reminded be if the Sydney Derby coverup at the start of the season ( and the GF for that matter) Outright lying by the officials
    "Unnatural position" makes sense to me, e.g. going into an aerial contest with the arms up, like a volleyball block: even if the ball is deflected or the arms don't move towards the ball, the intention is clear.
    This was obviously not the case for Vargas: his arms were in a perfectly reasonable position, he was ready to kick and the ball was deflected.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    That was the point i tried to make yesterday to the member, The card was already out for the handball,And yes you were correct the handball that deflected off another and into Vargas.

The mere fact the officials come up with shit to cover there own asses is as crooked as it comes bordering on corrupt behaviour and one that should see Ben Wilson removed from his post.

We are getting to the stage where the lack of action from within Football Federation Australia to acknowledge and rectify these damning and obvious failings that if any public Govt funds in the way of grants are making there way to FFA then the supporters of the game should and would be entitled to demand from the relevant state or federal politicians an inquiry in to the running of FFA. It is my understanding any Govt grants to sporting organisations state or fed come with certain conditions and i would think responsible governance would be right at the pointy end and in particular the performance of game day officials.

I have no idea how the Ref Director has kept his position for so long. Blokes hand should shake every payday.
    As I said yesterday

Upon the ball hitting Vargas hands he dived on the ground

**** knows why as the force of the ball wasnt enough to knock him over

To me he tried conning the ref with a dive to disguise the handball and was right fully carded for his play acting

No dramas with the 1st Vargas card or the penalty award or even the Gakekovic carry over the line incident though it was a foul by us anyway

Drama with Plagues mate Boogaards card for kicking the ball into sideline and the 3 pens we were denied by the cheating ****