Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2013 East Asian Championships

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Thank you

best thing about this match so far is that as there are only 300 japanese fans in the crowd, they can't keep up the "nippon" chant for the whole game.

Only have watched the 2nd 45.
    5 key points.

1. You can see that when we go forward, not many of the squad were in verbeek's impact zone. Meaning they look like they actually want to go forward.
    2. "The old guard" need cleaning out now. These young kids (in experience) don't know ht they shouldn't be able to do.
    3. Harper is still a useless shit. On duke's goal... " he's playing in the hardest part of the pitch" **** off dickhead. You've clearly never put a shift in at DM.
    4. The young kids (in experience) need experience.
    5. Eugene's been eating too many pies.

Just to reiterate, Harper is a deadset ****. Stick to your proverbial speak and seek employment from Collins or Macquarie, not quite Oxford.

really wasn't that impressed with duke tbh, although he took his goal well he just reminded me of a younger & faster matt simon. nothing technically special just runs all day (which you do need on a football field).

Mitch Nichols obviously plays his best football when his club coach is Ange, had a shocker last year under mulvey/rado

hope biraz gets a run on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

****ing Holger needs calling out and booting out.
    If it wasn't a WC year next year I would be calling for him to be turfed directly after this tournament.

The intentions for this tournament were never very clear.

After the game last night he stated he was using the tournament to test out new players in these conditions.

WHY THEN DO YOU WAIT TILL THE 88TH MINUTE TO SUB SOMEONE ON IN A GAME WE ARE TRAILING?
    WHY THEN DO YOU START TWO GAMES WITH THE SAME STARTING LINEUP?

Really are Thwaite, Thompson, Milligan, Galeković, McKay players you need to test 2 games in a row?

Why wait so late to make obviously needed substitutions?

Am I the only one banging my head against a wall with his team selection and extremely conservative approach to substitutions, even in games that he himself states are purely to test players at this level?

Seriously...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    ****ing Holger needs calling out and booting out.
    If it wasn't a WC year next year I would be calling for him to be turfed directly after this tournament.

The intentions for this tournament were never very clear.

After the game last night he stated he was using the tournament to test out new players in these conditions.

WHY THEN DO YOU WAIT TILL THE 88TH MINUTE TO SUB SOMEONE ON IN A GAME WE ARE TRAILING?
    WHY THEN DO YOU START TWO GAMES WITH THE SAME STARTING LINEUP?

Really are Thwaite, Thompson, Milligan, Galeković, McKay players you need to test 2 games in a row?

Why wait so late to make obviously needed substitutions?

Am I the only one banging my head against a wall with his team selection and extremely conservative approach to substitutions, even in games that he himself states are purely to test players at this level?

Seriously...
    My exact frustrations of 12 months ago.

Loved the crap from him when we played I think it was Lebanon in a friendly game a couple of days before a WCQ which we ended up losing to Jordan. Old mate Holger claimed our players ain't up to playing 2 games in a 3-4 days. As a result warm up games got scrapped.

His a few ideas.

Play the younger/fringe squad members and leave the old age pensioners in Neill Cahill Schwarzer etc on the sidelines
    Regenerate the ****ing squad so the players are young enough and fit enough to do so.
    Stop making ****ing excuses

Hopefully FIFA are accommodating at the World Cup draw and our retirees don't get drawn to play 3 games in 10-11 days cause our old farts can't ****ing cope according to our manager

We should have just sent the u20 squad to the EAFF comp since they've been playing together, probably fitter as well.
    I wouldn't have been surprised if they put in a better shift as well.

If Taggart doesn't get a run for the final game it's ridiculous. Yes he may have not featured last seasons BUT his performances for both the national team (EAFF qualifying) and the young nats team have been good.
    Similarly with the likes of Brillante, everyone raved about his u20 wc then we start Milligan and Zadkid at CM?

Not to mention Milligan and Archie were denied playing against Manu and Liverpool ffs (I'd be blowing up).

Coe catching planes too and from Aus just to warm the bench for a 30 year old keeper that clearly doesn't really have a future in the national team. (y)

The shots of Holger on the bench last night looked like he was bored and did not give a ****.
    Seriously makes me rage. He clearly has no passion for it, it's just a job (getting paid well I bet). He does not give a shit about Australian football progressing or about blooding through new talent.

Ange showed more passion in his brief comments on the panel.

Our national side is a shambles and this world cup is going to be painful as.

Holgers job was to qualify for the world cup, stop bandwagoning. You're on the wrong wagon anyway

If that was the case My2BobsWorth Holger would be gone now since his job is over.

His job is to manage our national team. He stated himself that the EAFF tournament was going to be used to check out new players. Then goes on to start the same team twice and leave subs till the 88th minute.

Am I getting trolled?

I don't know what you mean

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/27778...-to-debut.aspx

brillante might get a start tonight.

Game on at 6pm, Fox 3 (503).

big game. win this and we don't come last.

fairweather fans the lot of you. can't win the comp so not worth watching.

brillante starting. he now has the best beard in international football.

holy crap, goodwin starting as well!

god. birra as well. full line up so that i can stop noticing extra newy boys.

Birighitti (gk), Brillante, McGowan, Cornthwaite, McKay (c), Duke, Paartalu, Mooy, Goodwin, Nichols, Juric

totally not birra's fault there. brillante however...

Only been watching a few mins but I can already tell he's not at his best at right-back. Holger's style doesn't seem to suit him at all in this position. Definitely should have been played in the centre of midfield if he was going to be played at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

What a cracking goal from Mooy. Awesome long range effort.

great goal.

agree re brillante, not a right back. definitely better in DM role.

nichols! god, what a miss.

you can tell half the squad is in pre-season. brillante again. not having the best night.

what's everybody reckon about paaralu? gone backwards? has not impressed me so far tonight.