Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 East Asian Championships

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    yep, it's a special event because they've announced it so late - it's on channel 960 from 12:30am tonight
    Awesome. Following the match will be Asiian Muff Divers at 2.30am. Oh, you did say channel 960 boz?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Keep refreshing. Give it 10 minutes and most people will head to bed, tis pretty horrendous watching.
    I'm on Grim and.......OMFG!
    N'cle Athletics Field with a close haircut would be better that that sh!t paddock!
    Where the fk did they herd the the cows to that were mowing the field b4 the game?

The highlights of the first half...

Cow paddock pitch (which might be harsh on cow paddocks)
    McKay's headgear making him look like he is matching headwear to the league pitch
    The one guy in the crowd that has a VERY distinct BOOOOOOOO

I support the Jets so you know it is pretty serious when I say that that is possibly the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    GG Holger.

QANTAS SOCCEROOS STARTING XI | GALEKOVIC, BEHICH, THWAITE, MILLIGAN, EMERTON (c), THOMPSON, CORNTHWAITE, MCKAY, GARCIA, FRANJIC, SMITH

So, 1 GK, 7 defenders (6 if you count Emerton as a midfielder) 2 midfielders and a striker. You rock, Holger. Can you fit anymore of the people that we already know everything there is to know about in your team? How ****ing hard is Hong Kong going to be, ffs?
    The ONLY possible reason I can see for this selection is that Holger is holding off young players to face Nth Korea who will be
    playing their 3rd game in 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    The ONLY possible reason I can see for this selection is that Holger is holding off young players to face Nth Korea who will be
    playing their 3rd game in 5 days.
    But that then means the ONLY centre back he hasn't played with tonight is Dulbic and he is hardly a young player...

Wow. 1 skip woman with a flag in the crowd supporting Oz...

I could see 1/2 dozen players warming up behind the goal.
    One can only hope....

I think it's just you and me watching now Grimario...

Grrim? Grim? Are you there?????

Still here. Ranting at morons on whirlpool and partaking in witty (for my standards) banter on twitter.

TAAAAGGG's on
    OMFG! Go the Jets!

Shame the service is coming from SEVEN DEFENDERS still on the fecking paddock.

Dog-Itch on
    Lets see if this Gypo can do something in...wot...8 minutes?
    Holger OUT!

EDIT: Best move and shot of the game in under 1 minute.

Emo...thank fk for that.

Get out of jail free card.

I sincerely hope for two things Wed night.
    A better pitch and a better squad because Nth Korea will pump that Red 'I've got a captains armband too' shit by 3-4 goals at least.

It's do or die Wed night.

Nighty night.

EDIT Just saw stats 10min after end. When did they get a Red card?
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 04-12-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Yusssssss! Great result, great win against a tough opponent. Holger got team selections spot on, Hong Kong were such a potent attacking threat that we really needed those 7 defenders on the pitch to nullify them. Spot on with his subs as well, definitely right in taking off a striker for a striker and keeping that solid 7 man defensive line strong and definitely correct in replacing an attacking midfielder with an attacking midfielder. Only thing I would question is Antonis on for Emerton, thought that left us a bit expose.

Feck me. That's the biggest gap in rankings we have EVER had since FIFA rankings started. Previous biggest was 138 places when we played Tahiti, tonight was 139. Back then we won 5-0 with Vidmar, Arnold, Bingley and a Trimboli double. Apparently could have won 10-0 but didn't take our chances. Tonight we were saved blushes by a few great saves by Galekovic and some extremely tired legs at the end falling over on a woeful pitch.

Sigh. #HolgerOut

thank **** i didn't stay up and watch that rubbish.

might not even be worth watching the replay from the sound of things.

simple solution #holgerout.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Ok... 7 defenders against a ****ing minnow, are you serious? Yes I understand it's a gruelling comp with games close together but you build your squad to cope with that.
    SEVEN DEFENDERS? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

This was the perfect time to have our young attackers out there showing there wares. How on earth didn't Rogic and Taggart and any other young players we have start this game FFS.

_IF_ his reasoning is to rest players then WHY THE HELL were Emmo, McKay and Thompson starters?

I cannot stand Holger, he is gutless and regressive. He will not bring football forward in this country.

We should not be solely trying to win this comp, we should be using it to build our national team and move it in to the future. You do not do that by selecting all your oldest fkING DEFENDERS.

AOShfuhsoqiwofl

Maybe he wants to put the youngsters in on a good pitch and, as RJ said above, maybe he wants them under pressure against the best opponent we will face in DPR Korea.

Or maybe he is just a gutless cvnt and needs to feck off.

Forget blooding new players, we should have used EAFF to blood a new manager.

Also, if he really wants youngsters in a pressure match, why has he played all but one of our central defenders in the opening game?

Useless. DEANS OUT